Renewal emails MUST contain renewal cost information

Options
Conrad Thonger
Conrad Thonger Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements
I, like many who are on yearly subscriptions, receive an email 30 days before our subscription is due to renew.

Quicken, unlike many others who send the same kind of reminder emails, do NOT include the price at which the subscription will renew at in their email. This needs to change. You can not expect your customers to either just blindly wait for the bill to come in to find out their subscription went up by $12 or try to spend time going to the Quicken site to figure out what their renewal costs will be.

This should be a simple change and it should be enacted immediately as the system knows who it's sending the email to and what the version of Quicken they are renewing.

Conrad Thonger
23 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Conrad Thonger,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow.

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Conrad Thonger
    Options
    Thank you Jasmine, but this shouldn't have to be a feature request to be voted upon. This should be something that a good business simply does as part of becoming a subscription service. I'm sure you wouldn't want your, for example, Netflix subscription to renew without knowing what it is going to cost or if there has been a $20 increase that you were not previously informed of.

Conrad Thonger
  • chralexa
    chralexa Member
    Options

SO AGREED! This is almost a deceptive business practice. That missing pricing in renewal emails would be a reason alone for me to switch if there was a worthy contender. WHERE ARE YOU CONTENDERS??? I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS!!!

• raznxgr8@outlook.com
    Options

I agree, the renewal charge should be in the email announcement. I purchased MS Office at the same time. Just got their renewal email and it gave me the price I will be charged when I'm renewed. Why does EVERYTHING have to be a subscription anyways? Just to keep the dough rolling in, I'm sure. I don't do online banking, so I only use Quicken as a check register. Like a previous poster said "WHERE ARE YOU CONTENDERS??? I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS!!!"

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have Deluxe or higher and you don't use any online services or download transactions you don't have to renew. But if you don't renew there will be banners to renew taking up 25% of your screen.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.