USAA

USAA transactions still not downloading - has the connection issue been resolved?

Comments

• Hello @Nextvacation86,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question. 

We do still have an ongoing alert regarding USAA members being unable to download transactions. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    What are the new USAA connection changes as of Monday, 23 January 2023
  • 2/2/2023 and USAA transactions are still not downloading. Problem since at least September 2022. Please expedite update w/ USAA.
  • Elliott32224
    Elliott32224 Member ✭✭
    Downloading partially working for me. The online balance gets updated correctly, but new transactions are not downloaded on that day. It appears to take a least another day to download the transactions. Error message still persists. I have to go to USAA website and manually enter transactions. Download was working okay for me until the recent change, despite getting the error message every time.
  • This is still not working for me - even after the post from yesterday saying the connection has been fixed. This is my output of the CONNLOG:
    ==== OSU End (20230222/18:20:42) ====
    20230222 18:23:17: QFN: Beginning send to https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/qw2800/fib.dll
    20230222 18:23:18: QFN: End send to https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/qw2800/fib.dll, netstatus 0
    20230222 18:23:19:
    20230222 18:25:15: Marketing session sending to: https://msa.intuit.com/banking/fimkt/basic/QWBasic.ini
    20230222 18:25:15: QFN: Beginning get from https://msa.intuit.com/banking/fimkt/basic/QWBasic.ini
    20230222 18:25:15: QFN: End get from https://msa.intuit.com/banking/fimkt/basic/QWBasic.ini, netstatus 0
    20230222 18:25:15: QFN: Beginning send to https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx
    20230222 18:25:15: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67305875
    20230222 18:25:15: The application has been denied access to the server. Try again now, or wait and try later.
    20230222 18:25:15: QFN: End send to https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/access.ofx, netstatus 15
  • dwan
    dwan Member ✭✭
    This is still not working for me either, even though the linked alert says it was resolved yesterday. I go through the access protocol with USAA and am transferred back to Quicken to link my accounts. Each time (I have tried this several times to get it working), I am presented with all the accounts, but two of the accounts are of the incorrect type and try to link to inappropriate accounts in Quicken. I continue with linking the 6 accounts that have good matches, and select "don't add" the two that are incorrectly linked (because they want won't allow me to select the correct account). Quicken says the process was finished, that it updated all accounts, but zero transactions are downloaded (even though I confirmed there has been activity). Subsequent OSU attempts also fail to download anything for USAA. Any advice?
  • dwan
    dwan Member ✭✭
    Is anyone else still having problems downloading from USAA? Thanks.
  • motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    I am now having problems, though I hadn't just a few days ago.
  • I had just recently got a USAA account, and tried connecting and nothing will download into Quicken. Where is the status of this problem?
  • dwan
    dwan Member ✭✭
    Still no improvement for me. The accounts that appear in the Quicken dialog when I attempt to establish the link with USAA (where you link them to Quicken accounts) lists several accounts as the wrong type: checking instead of savings, and savings instead of credit card. As a result, Quicken will not allow me to correctly link those accounts, since they are mismatched types. If I add the other accounts and say "Don't Add" the incorrect ones, Quicken says it has been completed successfully. However, transactions are not downloaded, and, at the top of the register, it does NOT say when the last update was (as it does with all other financial institutions that offer Quicken downloads).
    Can Quicken please respond and correct this?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was prompted to reauthorize by USAA today. The following notice appeared when I restarted Quicken

I checked afterward and the connection method for USAA was in fact changed from Direct Connect to EWC. I only have a USAA credit card but that account did update correctly after the reauthorization.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• wernerpels
    wernerpels Member ✭✭✭
    I was also prompted to reauthorize today. I did so, and after some site activity, my three USAA accounts updated properly. The resulting account description indicates that USAA is now using Web Express as a connection method instead of Direct Connect.
  • Comius
    Comius Member ✭✭
    I've been trying this since yesterday. Successfully authenticates. Then lists my 20+ USAA accounts... about which 70% are matched correctly. Fix all the incorrect matches. Then I get stuck at "Updating your accounts" with a spinning circle for hours until Quicken crashes.
  • radarchief75
    radarchief75 Member ✭✭
    > @dwan said:
    > Still no improvement for me. The accounts that appear in the Quicken dialog when I attempt to establish the link with USAA (where you link them to Quicken accounts) lists several accounts as the wrong type: checking instead of savings, and savings instead of credit card. As a result, Quicken will not allow me to correctly link those accounts, since they are mismatched types. If I add the other accounts and say "Don't Add" the incorrect ones, Quicken says it has been completed successfully. However, transactions are not downloaded, and, at the top of the register, it does NOT say when the last update was (as it does with all other financial institutions that offer Quicken downloads).
    > Can Quicken please respond and correct this?

Same issue as me...wants to create a new credit card instead of updating the existing one. Quicken has incrementally raised their prices over time by justifying "improvements". Please fix the existing product or offer the customers like me (a customer for decades) a lower price.
  • mdalva
    mdalva Member ✭✭
    I made the mistake of deactivating my USAA accounts in the hope of resetting the connections, but now my accounts are authorized with USAA (I called to verify) and Quicken is unable to access USAA. No connection has happened since Dec. 2022.
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭

In case this helps anyone - I've had a problem for the last couple of months accesing my USAA accounts using Chrome. Until a have time for more troubleshooting, I discovered that I could access USAA using Edge. When this new prompt came out about USAA acounts a few days ago, I was unable to get the reauthorization to finish. Then I tried temporarily changing my default web browser to Edge and retried the authorization - success! I was able to select and match all my USAA accounts, and they all now show Express Web Connect+ as the connection method.

• mdalva
    mdalva Member ✭✭
    This worked!! The only other tip I add is that one should use the Accounts "+" button to start the online connection. It won't work if the online set up is used within each account. Thanks so much for your helpful advice!
  • jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭

Glad I could help!

• sfkatwa
    sfkatwa Member ✭✭
    I'm still having problems — still seeing the notice that I'm going to have to change my connection type. Chrome didn't work for changing the connection type (I've reported this to the Chrome team), so I switched my default browser (as suggested by https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7929828/usaa-reauthorize-error-error-invalid-request-error-description-validation-error) to Safari.

When the default browser is Safari, updating the connection type seems to succeed, but I still get the notice. Every time. And updating the connection type doesn't make it go away.
  • sfkatwa
    sfkatwa Member ✭✭
    I just tried using the + button at the upper left (inspired by mdalva) to authorize my USAA accounts. I restarted Quicken but still get the "USAA is transitioning accounts to a new connection method" dialog. :(
  • RoseAth2o
    RoseAth2o Member
    Since around February 9, I've been getting a message prompting me to reauthorize my USAA accounts but when I do, I get error CC-501. This has happened over and over again. I've tried every suggestion I can find and nothing works. I JUST renewed for another year of service but since almost all of my accounts are with USAA, this service is useless to me. Is Quicken offering refunds?
  • Barry T
    Barry T Member ✭✭
    I am also unable to download from USAA.
  • resnbng
    resnbng Member

I was able to download all account infromation using the "new" signin requirements - including Visa Transactions! Worked for a week and now the downloading of VISA transactions doesn't work again. What is the latest Quicken?

• orenb
    orenb Member ✭✭
    No downloads of frequent USAA VISA usage usage since March 4th.
  • jmbuyske
    jmbuyske Member ✭✭✭
    I have isolated the download problem to one where USAA now categorizes new transactions as 'Category Pending'. They used to use 'Uncategorized'. None of the transactions labeled as 'Category Pending' will download. Phone call to USAA tech accomplished nothing. He said that USAA recategorizes transactions but could not tell me how long that takes. It has been 6 days and counting! Can Quicken prod them a bit?
  • dwan
    dwan Member ✭✭
    Still no improvement for me either. How can we get Quicken's attention to this matter? Is there any point in calling USAA? In my case, two of my USAA accounts are consistently misidentified (as credit card, when it's saving account; and as checking when it's a credit card account). It seems that only the financial institution would have the ability to make that error. Has anyone had any meaningful response from USAA on this? Thank you.
  • jmbuyske
    jmbuyske Member ✭✭✭
    Ticket #10102740, Quicken Janean's March 10th comment says "If you are experiencing this, and if the transactions show as “Pending Category” on your Financial Institution's website; this means the transaction has not fully cleared. Please know that the transactions will download as soon as a category has been assigned to the transaction."

This implies that these transactions have not been posted which is not true. USAA now assigns "Category Pending" to all of its credit card transactions. They also identify the truly "pending" ones with a small flag next to the item. Once the transaction is posted, the small flag is removed but the category of "Category Pending" is not and these transactions will not download until that particular wording is removed. USAA tech's confirm all this. I have posted transactions starting on March 4th which still have not downloaded because their category is "Category Pending". OBTW, this seems to be isolated to the credit card transactions as my checking account transactions are reassigned a different category once they are posted (normally overnight). They are then able to be downloaded.
  • cscook
    cscook Member

I have not been able to update my USAA credit card accounts since March 4. USAA today advised me that it is a Quicken problem but it has been noted by others that USAA investments had been taken over by Schwab which maybe the problem. Apparently many are experiencing this problem and I will call Quicken shortly before doing something drastic or disasterous.

Charlie C

• rjbailey95066
    rjbailey95066 Member ✭✭

Same here. Last transaction downloaded was from 3/2/23, although the online balance reports correctly.

This discussion has been closed.