Downloading Fidelity 401K Transactions Duplicate Mutual Funds in Securities and Doubles Account Valu

Options
Drew Ward
Drew Ward Member
edited May 2023 in Investing (Mac)

Anybody seeing a recent problem when updating Fidelity 401K accounts that doubles the account value? Now, when I update a NetBenefit 401K account Quicken:

1. Duplicates each security appending the name with a “2” but no ticker symbol
  2. Duplicates the shares
  3. Causes the value of the account to double (wish it were true)

At the beginning of the Transaction register, Quicken enters Added Shares for each security that I hold in that 401K. (You have to scroll to the beginning).

I have three 401Ks with Fidelity and all are exhibiting this behavior. The other brokerage accounts with Fidelity are unaffected. 401K downloads with other companies like Vanguard seem unaffected.

This started for me in March 2023. I'm running Quickern Version 6.12.3 (Build 612.47885.100) on macOS Catalina v10.15.7 (19H2026).

Thanks,

Drew

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Drew Ward,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

We do currently have an active alert regarding duplicate securities with Fidelity. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Drew Ward
    Drew Ward Member
    Options

Thanks Jasmine for the prompt reply.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Drew Ward,

You are very welcome!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Drew Ward
    Drew Ward Member
    Options

Hello Jasmine, is there any update on this defect with NetBenefits duplicating share holdings? Thanks, Drew

• rogera
    rogera Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

It is coming up on a month from the time this was reported and the answer is the same. This is known issue. Well I'd hope so based on the number of people who have been posting. [Removed - Rant]

• Artpen100
    Artpen100 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Double counting still a problem for me. Quicken, are you doing anything about this?

[Merged Post]

• mike_n
    mike_n Member ✭✭
    Options
    They fixed the dupe problem, you have to go into the Securities window, pick both accounts, click Merge, then select the old (non "2") security as the main one. Then click Merge and it works great! One possible gotcha, one of my securities the original was a company stock fund while the duplicate was listed as type Mutual Fund. I couldn't merge them until changing the duplicate security type to Stock. Then it worked fine.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Artpen100,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.  I'm sorry to hear you're still running into this problem. The issue was recently resolved and the steps to resolve the issue are listed in the Community Alert. If you prefer to have assistance going through this process, you can reach out to Quicken Support directly. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• schwaggy
    schwaggy Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

The duplicated securites in my Fidelity NetBenefits account appear to have been fixed at some point after updating the account (and a few updates of the Quicken sw, running 7.0.0) but now I'm left with the history of double account values over this date range in Portfolio view.
    Is there anything that can be done to fix this skewed history now that my totals and shares are accurate? @Quicken Kristina Can anything be done to fix this historical error now that the main issue was fixed? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.