Chase Download Missing Transactions

I have Several Chase accounts and I depend on download to reconcile. In early March (March 6 and 7) there were no transactions that downloaded even though I had transactions so the accounts did not reconcile. Also the download does not include pending transactions but the balance includes them. This is a mess and took me hours to reconcile. What is goiing on with the Chase downloads? Are you aware? is this being fixed? I see a lot of issues with this.

Thanks,

MassMo

Tagged:

Answers

• MassMo
    MassMo Member
    edited March 2023

[Removed-Off Topic]. What does Quicken have to say about these download issues?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @MassMo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Regarding your Chase transactions not downloading, are you still experiencing this? If so, do you receive any error codes or messages? What exactly occurs when attempting to update your accounts? Do you experience this issue when attempting a One Step Update and an individual account update?

Regarding pending transactions being included in the online balance, this is a known issue and we do currently have an active alert. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭

Quicken is not downloading any Chase transactions today. There are no error messages and OSU looks like it completes successfully. When I go to the Chase website I can see there are cleared transactions that should have been downloaded. When I go to the Account List in Quicken and check my 4 Chase accounts the "Last Download" date for each account is yesterday March 13, 2023. All of my other non-Chase accounts update successfully including Discover that uses EWC (not EWC+ like Chase). Quicken and/or Chase needs to fix this problem ASAP. This is going on for several weeks now. Instead I had to manually download the transactions from the Chase website. If OSU no longer works for Chase it makes me wonder why I should continue to use Quicken. Quicken is suppose to be able to increase productivity not decrease it.

• MassMo
    MassMo Member

Hi Jamine,

This occured while downloading Chase individually — not one step. It literly shipped those two days across all the acounts I have with Chase. It could be related to the pending transaction issue??? It did not reconcile at first so I chose to "finish Later". Then a couple of days later I downloaded again and those days were missing.

Thanks.

• Michael Sayre
    Michael Sayre Member ✭✭
    I am missing Chase transactions from March 1 through March 10. Transactions from March 13 downloaded.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6162)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Kratzke
    Kratzke Member

Any update on this issue. I am having missing transaction issues. It has been over 2 weeks now!

• Michael Sayre
    Michael Sayre Member ✭✭
    I restored a backup from Feb 28 and tried again today, March 26. This time I am only getting Chase transactions from March 23 and 24. I see none of the transactions that cleared between March 14 and March 22. As requested, I "Reported a Problem" and sent the log files.

I thought that restoring a backup would result in Quicken attempting to download all transactions after the date of the backup. Is there any way to force Quicken to download transactions after a restoration of a backup file?

Thanks,

Michael
  • cambos
    cambos Member ✭✭

I too am missing numerous transactions on all my Chase accounts. This has been happening since the last update to the software that required I re-authorize my accounts. This also occured when the new authrization process was put into place so I have a feeling it is related.

• Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced. This is a known issue that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.  If you would like to see updates and know when the issue is resolved, I would recommend bookmarking this Community Alert. The alert does suggest that if you are experiencing issues with downloading transactions, you should contact Quicken Support so they may assist you further with your accounts.

Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MassMo
    MassMo Member

OK. the problem still exsists. The issue is directly related to the the fact that quicken does not download the "pending" transactions but the balance that is downloaded includes these transactions - that is the gap. If you incude the pending transactions by manually entering (if you do not have them go on Chase website and you will see the pending transactions.) Once you do this the reconcilation will balance.

Quicken: is there a way to have the balance reflect the downloaded transactions? Either download the "pending" transactions or reflect the balance before the pending transactions, so that the reconcilation balances??

MassMo

• Michael Sayre
    Michael Sayre Member ✭✭
    My work around while waiting for a real fix was to visit the Chase website. They provide a nice way to download transactions with a specific date range. Then I double clicked on the downloaded file and manually linked it to the correct account. This was way more efficient than hand entering each missing transaction. I did have to be careful to ensure that duplicate transactions were not created.
  • Thank you for sharing an interim solution,

Chase does allow users to download .QFX files and import them into Quicken. Since they allow you to customize the date range, the easiest way to avoid duplicates is to make sure the date range you select does not overlap with what is already in your Quicken.

That said, the Community Alert does recommend those who are encountering this issue reach out to our support directly for assistance, so I would ask that those who are able to call our support during business hours please do so.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

In my case it's just the opposite. The "Online Balance" reported in Quicken does not include any pending transactions. However, on the Chase website or mobile app the "Available Balance" does include pending transactions. I should note that my observation was done this morning, Monday, 4/3, so I don't know if the day of the week is significant and what impact Chase using EWC+ plays in all of this. Logically, since pending transactions have not cleared those monies should not appear in Chase's "Available Balance" reported online but they are. I can't find a reported balance on the Chase website that does not include pending transactions so I don't know where Quicken is getting that online balance number (without pending transactions) from. I sometimes manually add pending transactions in my register which causes the "End Balance" to be different and larger than the "Online Balance" in Quicken. Since the manually entered pending transactions in the register are not cleared when I reconcile using the online balance it always balances. Not too long ago Quicken added a feature that allowed you to select whether or not to include pending transactions when displaying the online balance. The feature was then removed in a subsequent release for some reason. In short, this whole Pending Transaction/Online Balance issue is a mess and Quicken really needs to step in and clearly explain why we are seeing what we see or just fix the issue.

• RegularRob
    RegularRob Member ✭✭
    I can share my experience. I was having similar problems - no Chase checking or savings transactions after March 29, but I was fine in my other accounts, including my Chase credit card account which is downloaded along with the checking and savings.

I contacted support and was pleasantly surprised. The rep walked me through a diagnostic step (File->Validate and Repair File... and then select Validate File). It ran for a while and reported back that it fixed some indexes. For good measure we then logged out of my cloud account (Edit->Preferences->Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts, then choose "Sign in as a different user") and logged back in again as myself (make sure you have your Quicken ID and password handy...).

Literally that was it and then Shazaam! the next download pulled in those transactions.

YMMV but this worked for me. Fully admit that I was skeptical, but I'm happy now. :-)
  • Thank you for sharing that information,

I'm glad to hear that worked to resolve the issue for you. If anyone else chooses to try that, it is recommended to make a backup of your file first.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.