Recategorizing split transactions via memorized vendor. (percentage)

smokeysf
smokeysf Member
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)

Can I recategorize historical transactions based on a split for a memorized vendor?

Answers

• Hello @smokeysf,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Are you trying to adjust how they show up on a report, or asking if you're able to edit the original category/categories assigned to the transactions?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• smokeysf
    smokeysf Member

I have a renters. I split their utilities based on a percentage.

I would like to change the categories for exisiting transactions which are already assigend. Instead of a single category, I would like to split them by percentage.

I have a memorized vendor for future splits.

• Hello and thank you for the clarification,

You should be able to edit the existing transactions to reflect the split category.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• smokeysf
    smokeysf Member

Yes. That is what I am wondering. If I can select a large group of transactions and edit them with the memorized vendor information (ie split by percentage) and how I could do that without going into each transaction individually.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @smokeysf,

Thank you for providing more information.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot to show an example of the transactions that you are referring to? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• There is another discussion that has two ways to accomplish what the OP wants to do...
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857196/edit-the-split-transaction-fields-for-multiple-transactions-at-the-same-time
    NB: Neither suggestion is quite as straightforward to implement as the OP was hoping, but either method is likely to be more satisfying than editing each transaction one at a time to add a split that has to be calculated by the user then entered amounts for each split line.
This discussion has been closed.