Issues with Windows 11

So have a really annoying issue. I can not get Quicken to start at all. Last week it was at least starting, but would lock up and freze when i click on the Bill Pay tab. Now i can't even get it to start. It just loads and i get a blank screen, maybe the "Quicken" icon but thats about it. I've tried unnstalling, reinstalling, with and without the latest patch. Have uninstalled, cleaned the registry etc and still no luck. Running on WIndows 11 with the latest updated. I've even tried running it in Compatability Mode and on luck. Any help would be great thank.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @PlumGr8SRT8,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, I suggest that you please try uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken once more, except, after you have uninstalled and before you proceed with reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Once you're done with uninstalling/reinstalling and Quicken still doesn't start …

To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in

And, if you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@PlumGr8SRT8 - Are you still having these issues or are they now resolved?

If you are still having these issues, which version of Quicken are you running? (Help > About Quicken)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.