Latest upgrade is hanging during "Optimizing and Executing files" step

ddemoney
ddemoney Member ✭✭
Have twice tried to apply the upgrade, but it hangs when optimizing files. Known issue? Is there a fix?

Answers

• gkbergen
    gkbergen Member ✭✭

Having the same problem.

• gkbergen
    gkbergen Member ✭✭

Don't know if you had any success, but I finally just let it continue to run during the optimization and execution step. It took about 45 min to 1 hr and then finally finished.

• rgood9837
    rgood9837 Member ✭✭

Have the same problem.

• halzenner
    halzenner Member

Have same problem (tried twice)

• ddemoney
    ddemoney Member ✭✭
    2 hours - still waiting.
  • Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Same Issue. Been 30 minutes.

<EDIT> Just killed it and won't be updating till Quicken fixes this buggy release.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JohnB67
    JohnB67 Member

Hours for me and still waiting

• WFW
    WFW Member

Same issue here. Havent't tried just letting run for an extended time yet. Hope they get this fixed soon!

• JohnB67
    JohnB67 Member

14 hours and still "Optimizing and executing files"

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

For those that finally got it to run - which release….. Help —> About Quicken

as "latest" is meaningless, as it could be any R48.xx

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Tdavid
    Tdavid Member

After the latest update the app will not open fully. It stays stuck on the blue splash screen with the Quicken logo.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited March 2023

Hi All, We have reached out in regard to this. Can you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. The developers asked for these specific logs in the image below. Feel free t ocomment once you have done so. Thank you!

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• User5910
    User5910 Member

Re: Help > Report a problem

I typed up a message here and attached about 100k of additional log and PNG files but received the following when I clicked Send to Quicken:

"Unable to send report to Quicken, please try again."

Why? This error message should provide useful information.

Unsurprisingly it failed when I tried it again.

I'm using Quicken R46.12 on Windows 10.

• Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭

Done! Made mention of your name and path to this discussion.

• Quicken Janean

@User5910 I am sorry about that. I would just submit the files requested first and then try the others.

Quicken Janean

• JohnB67
    JohnB67 Member

I finally cancelled it after 30+ hours. Quicken did start and I submitted a problem report under subject Patch & Upgrade. I attached all files available. According to Help → About, I'm using Version R48.9 Build: 27.1.48.9

• Quicken Janean

Thank you all. A ticket has been created regarding this issue. We will share any updates when we can. Thank you for your patience as we look into this and find a resolution for you. (CTP-6224)

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

• JohnB67
    JohnB67 Member

Is there a way to stop quicken from auto installing when opening? I just checked preferences and I don't see a setting to turn off auto install of updates.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnB67 - the only way to prevent QWin from auto installing is to use the Windows security feature called User Access Control - UAC - to control, prohibit, and prompt you for any software updates to your system

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• yuriy
    yuriy Member ✭✭

Here is how I was - unexpectedly - able to overcome (not fix) the problem.

During the Nth (4th or 5th) attempt I killed the MSI Cleanup task under the Quicken task group when it reached that "Optimizing and Executing files" stage and hung there for about 5 minutes. I cannot reproduce the exact picture but imagine that it says "MSI Cleanup " instead of "Windows host process":

After killing the task, the Setup window message displayed "Update successfull" and now I'm running version R48.9

I hope, this helps the devs troubleshoot the problem.

• Ronnie Hatley
    Ronnie Hatley Member ✭✭

I killed the MSI Cleanup task and that worked for me too!

• Quicken Janean

Hi There, There is a new R48.15 patch update. If you do update, please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue. Thanks!

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

• yuriy
    yuriy Member ✭✭

Can't speak for everyone but it worked flawlessly for me.

• JohnB67
    JohnB67 Member

I finally decided to give it a shot. I ran a validation on my data file and all was good. Created 4 different backups of my data and then used Help → Check For updates and allowed the installation of 48.15. No errors. I've only briefly tested, but everything seems good.

• ddemoney
    ddemoney Member ✭✭
    Problem is still there with SR Version R48.18 HF3 (Apr, 2023)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are there any pending Windows Updates that need to be installed and require a reboot when done? Do that first, then reboot.

When done, please download and install the latest Mondo Patch file, R 49.22, from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• yuriy
    yuriy Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > Are there any pending Windows Updates that need to be installed and require a reboot when done? Do that first, then reboot.
    >
    I experienced the same issue with the latest (48.18) update. No pending WUs. I've solved the problem in exactly the same manner as I´d described on March 18, 2023.
  • scapman
    scapman Member

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in that so many people are experiencing this issue yet all we get from support over and over is "please send us your logs". If that many people are experiencing the problem, safe bet your QA folks should have no problem reproducing the problem without people's logs. Although I would add if the QA folks were doing their job properly, this update with this issue should have been caught in their testing before releasing. BTW I worked in QA in a software company for over 6 years so I speak from experience. Lets get it together Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.