Wells Fargo Connection Issues (yet again)

2»

Answers

• RK874
    RK874 Member

Same issues. CANNOT connect to Wells Fargo via Quicken right now. I wouldn't try and “fix” it by changing anything. Appears to be a Wells Fargo isssue, not Quicken, as all the other banks works just fine right now.

• I am not getting an error but no acct data is downlaoding. it's 5:10 PM AZ time.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭

I have several Wells accounts. All I get is “an error has occured", no identifier. I tried to reset account and an empty dialog box appeared that would not go away. I was only able to shut down Quicken using the task manager. This reiterates a suggestion that I made some months ago. Quicken needs a method to clear a hung process other than closing the process via the task manager. I guess we will just have to wait this one out.

• Steven Ewing
    Steven Ewing Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    The "official" announcement from Quicken can be found here: "NEW! 3/11/23 Wells Fargo - OL-292 and OL-294" https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7931353/new-3-11-23-wells-fargo-ol-292-and-ol-294#latest

I suggest that all Wells Fargo customers also contact Wells Fargo directly (either via social media or by telephone) and make sure they are aware of the issue and are working with Quicken's tech people to resolve this quickly ("the squeaky wheel gets the grease"). I sent them a message via Facebook.
  • Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    updates worked for me this am (Sun 8AM ET). haven't seen a notice that it's fixed yet though...
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

OSU with WF worked for me this morning, as well.

A Quicken Moderator will update the Announcement post (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7931353/new-3-11-23-wells-fargo-ol-292-and-ol-294#latest) when they get confirmation that the issue has been resolved.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• SK2020
    SK2020 Member ✭✭
    Wells Fargo direct connect one step update worked for me this morning - using Quicken for Mac
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Wells Fargo Advisors (Direct Connect) and Wells Fargo Bank (EWC) worked for me this Sunday morning (Quicken for Windows). 😀

• ldroath
    ldroath Member ✭✭
    Back to normal 3/12/23
  • degeester
    degeester Member

Working for me, Sunday, 3/12/23.

• jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ok I can download transaction but I still cannot pay bills online with Bank Bill Pay.

I did do a Reset Account but I do not get the option to pay checks electronically. Any suggestions?

• BrianKNJ
    BrianKNJ Member ✭✭

I was able to run the one click update on sunday also but now back to the OL-297-A errors for Wells Fargo

• Boatnmaniac

At the top left of the Account Register, directly beneath the Account Name, what type of connection does it show is set up? Direct Connect or Express Web Connect?

• Boatnmaniac

I was able to set up a bill pay with Wells Fargo earlier today. Not sure why you cannot do that since you have DC set up for WF.

At the bottom of the Online Services tab of Account Details does it show that Bank Bill Pay is activated?

• RK874
    RK874 Member

This Wells Fargo issue was fixed 6 days ago. Why is Quicken still stating today, no ETA to fix the problem? Weird....

• Boatnmaniac

I agree. I did a search of Community for 3/11-3/18 for WF issues with these 2 error codes and found nothing new was posted. I've asked the Moderators to review and update accordingly.

• Steven Ewing
    Steven Ewing Member ✭✭
    I saw an alert for this issue popup again dated yesterday (3/18/2023) about this issue. If it affected me then they must have already resolved it because everything works fine today on my end (3/19/2023).
  • lindycorp
    lindycorp Member ✭✭✭
    What’s the difference? It will be fixed and then it will break again. And it’s not just Wells Fargo — I have the same problem currently with Usaa, Chase and Capital One. Cumulatively that’s like 50% of important stuff I need reminding/updating on. Break, fix, break fix, round and around. Sometimes it’s a day, sometimes a month — you never know which. Last time I used Quicken was 3 nights ago and it upgraded. On restart, Bills&Reminders wasn’t even usable - on entry it would show 2 overlapping cards in the top center, and not respond when I attempted to select another bill. Tried a few other things including exiting and restarting Q with no change. Dreading if this will be the new normal. Meanwhile, I see the release notes load on startup and it’s a handful of esoteric features I have no interest for. Personally I would much rather they fix their basics.
  • Boatnmaniac

You are talking about things that are very different from the subject of this thread. If you wish to have discussion regarding your concerns please start a new thread so it gets the dedicated discussion support that it deserves and does not get diluted by the discussion surrounding this particular thread. Thanks.

• lindycorp
    lindycorp Member ✭✭✭
    Not really. This thread is about disruption of communication with a major bank. Which was exactly my topic, but with multiple banks and pointing out the larger picture. Thread had already been started: Online Bills Just Never Seems to Work Consistently
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭

It seems now things are back to normal but I had to go through the entier micro deposit initiation to get Bill Paying working again.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2023

This thread is about a specific bank with a specific connection issue with specific connection methods caused by a specific and known WF server problem and a specific posted Alert. It has nothing to do with any other bank or other connection issues and most certainly has nothing to do with Online Bills (the connection method affected was DC and that impacted DC Bank Bill Pay which is very different from Online Bills).

The issue of this thread is, as is noted by several people posting here, resolved as of 3/11. The ongoing discussion is mostly wondering about why the posted Alert says it is an ongoing issue with no ETA when it appears there no longer is an issue.

Again, if you wish to have a discussion about the larger picture issues of your post I suggest that you start a new thread about it so it gets the attention and focus it deserves.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2023

Glad to hear that it's working for you now. I must say that I'm not familiar with a micro deposit initiation being required for DC Bank Bill Pay. Maybe that WF server issue messed up your Bill Pay authorization at WF and that is what needed to get reinitiated? Whatever, you can now put that to rest.

• Hello @jcoley2,

I'm glad to hear its working for you now. You mentioned having to enter micro deposits to get bill pay working again. Are you using Bill Manager to pay your bills or are you using your bank's bill pay through Quicken using Direct Connect? If you're using Bill Manager, the micro transactions are a normal step for setting up check pay. If you're using your bank's bill pay through Quicken using Direct Connect, you shouldn't have to do that.

To check, you would go to Tools>Account List. Scroll to the account and click the Edit button. That will open the Account Details window. Click on the Online Services Tab. Near the upper left, it will show the financial insitution name and the Connection method.

Below that is an Online bill payment section. If you are connected by Direct Connect and using your bank's bill pay, it should look like this:

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.