One Step Update not downloading transactions

Starting on March 7th, when I run the One step update it acts normally, bu no transactions are downloaded. I can see them on the account websites but they no longer appear in the account register where they get matched and accepted.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Buckyinsc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To clarify, you are experiencing an issue where no transactions are downloading from any of your accounts, this includes different Financial Institutions, and you are not receiving any error codes or messages?

If so, then I suggest that you sign out of your data file completely and then sign back in. In doing so, you will refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services.

Please follow the steps below in order to do so.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Buckyinsc
    Buckyinsc Member

I tried that, and it didn't work.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Buckyinsc,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps.

Could you please clarify whether this is occurring with all accounts across different financial institutions or if this is occurring with a specific financial institution?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Buckyinsc
    Buckyinsc Member

it is for all accounts that have transaction download set up.

• Buckyinsc
    Buckyinsc Member

across different institutions

• kc10er
    kc10er Member

I tried this also and it's not working. But only one institution, Wells Fargo Advisors.

• kc10er
    kc10er Member

Same exact problem. No transactions downloaded since Feb 17th 2023

• Sally5Ever
    Sally5Ever Member
    edited March 2023

I'm having this exact same problem, tried the suggested troubleshooting suggested by Jasmine above, and it did not work for me either. Quicken is telling me everything is downloaded and is fine, but I can see clearly that my bank account hasn't uploaded any transactions/balance in 4 days.

I'm a fairly new Quicken subscriber, and it's really frustrating to me that [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] worked better and did it for free.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• LM
    LM Member ✭✭
    I have had this problem since early March also. Updating all accounts produces no downloaded transactions for the accounts. I have to update each account individually which is time consuming. Hoping for a fix to this soon!
  • Scotsman
    Scotsman Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I have this exact same problem reported above by Buckyinsc. One Step downloads nothing, though the new transactions are clearly visible on my bank's (Wells Fargo) website.This is not the first time I have had this problem with One Step Update. Today after the latest update I was forced to go to the website, cut and paste the transactions, and enter them manually. I had the latest Quicken update today.
  • overkill
    overkill Member ✭✭
    I'm having this same problem. I update my accounts one at a time, and the first two I did yesterday had missing transactions, so I did not update any more accounts. It looks like about an 8 day period of transaction dates earlier this month that did not download.
  • SJ68512
    SJ68512 Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. A few of my accounts are still updating, but others such as Chase and US Bank haven't updated since around March 17th or 18th. I can't remember when the last software update was, but it seems like it was fairly recently. I just tried using the "Reset Account" option under online services and this appears to have reset the connection to many of my accounts......but what a pain.
  • overkill
    overkill Member ✭✭
    I haven't seen any more about this problem. Has it been fixed?
  • Frosty1945#
    Frosty1945# Member

I can't even report a problem because each time I try Quicken locks up then goes away. I'm using a big datafile. Could this be the problem?

Frosty

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• lsn
    lsn Member ✭✭

Same problem; I update accounts using one-step update when I want I need it, rather than updating all at once or on a schedule. Normally, if there are no transactions or there is a problem, the summary will at least say 0 transactions. Now, the update returns quickly like it's not even trying and there is nothing in the summary, even though the summary was green.. I did Help>Report a problem, but did not get a response after a day so I tried logging out and logging back in per a previous suggestion. Now update gives me an error saying there is a problem with one or more accounts have been deleted or something like that and I have to re-add them. Of course, this makes no sense since the accounts exist online and in quicken and quicken does not give a connection error. So I go through the "fix it" process for my checking account. The result is that it added an adjustment transaction to zero out the account and the update choice is gone from the menu. So I restored a 3/24 backup which I know worked properly, and I'm back to "it appears that one or more accounts have been deleted". Something obviously changed with Quicken because this was working fine on the 24th.

I missed the fact that Help>Report is not a request, but a data collection mechanism so you don't get a response so you have to go to quicken.com/support or call to get help.

• Nancy
    Nancy Member ✭✭
    I have this same problem, One step update is not downloading my Fidelity transactions when there are transactions on the Fidelity site. This problem was fixed some months ago and it is now not working again. P:lease fix it permanently.
  • Bob Zeiser
    Bob Zeiser Member ✭✭
    I discussed this with support group on Saturday, and they said they were aware of the issue and a team would be working on it this week. Any upddate from Quicken support?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

@Bob Zeiser - always good when jumping into an existing topic to share a couple of bits of info ….

what version .. Help —> About Quicken

What bank or brokerage - as we have no idea as it might relate to your problem.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Bob Zeiser
    Bob Zeiser Member ✭✭
    I talked to Quicken support on Saturday, and they said they would pass the info to you, and noted you already knew about the problem and had a team working on it...but here goes....one step update not downloading Fidelity transactions....version is R48.15...Brokerage is Fidelity...hope that helps
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

ARGHHHH

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Bob I had the same issue of transactions saying they downloaded but they didn't. My issue started after March 17 OSU update of data. Same issue on 2nd computer. Long story short, I contacted Tech Support after validting my files on both computers (different file names). 2 1/2 hours later we had it fixed. The TECH guy finally had me make a copy of the file. He then led me thru the process of opening the "copy" file and we reconnected to each financial institution and each account. Tech guy got me going again and said lots of folks were having the same issue and Q was working on it. I thanked this Tech Guy for struggling thru the long process of getting me up and going again. He thought Q did something causing the issue or there was an issue with the 3rd party server at Intuit. He didn't think it was caused by the financial instution as I had more than 1 institution involved.

Side note: I was using R47.15 version when I had the issue. Used this version for a long time without issue. After Tech Guy got me going on both computers I updated to R48.15 (newest update) on 1 of the computers. It works just fine even after updting to latest version update. Updated the 2nd computer a few days later and it is good to go also.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Bob Zeiser
    Bob Zeiser Member ✭✭
    We went thru the sequence Proscribed to someone earlier:

Navigate to Edit
    Preferences...
    Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

it didn't work, and tech guy said a tech team would need to work on it
  • Bob Zeiser
    Bob Zeiser Member ✭✭
    i just tried a one step update to see if Fidelity transactions would download, and it appears the Quicken team has reconnected Fidelity....BUT the download only contained transactions from April 1-3.....still missing are all transactions on 3/31...
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

You can read my post here of April 3 concerning this issue. It talks to the same issue that started in March 17.

It happened again today on 2 computer. Shows that numerous transactions from multiple financial institutions are downloaded but they are not available to populate into my accounts. They do not even come up to give me the opportunity to accept them. [Edited-Readability]

Running R48.15 …. The Quicken Tech that helped me get this fixed last time after working on it for 2.5 hours said it may be something Quicken has done or maybe an issue with the 3rd party servers at Intuit.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭

OK……. ONCE AGAIN I HAD TO jump thru hoops to re-connect to all of my financial institutions on 2 separate computers.

Hopefully Quicken will fix it so we don't just out-of-the-blue loose the ability to download tranactions even though Quicken says there are transactions downloaded. No transactions are available to accept and populate the accounts.

SECOND OCCURANCE SINCE MARCH 17, 2023.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭

I am eperiencing EWC account not showing as updated in the OSU Summary orinthe download date/time stamp but it looks like transactions got downloaded. To me, it seems the use of the Cloud to manage Quicken datafiles metadata is adding complexity and confusion to transaction downloads.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭

Side note: I have always had the Cloud turned off on both computers mentioned in my posts.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭

@retird I also have Cloud turned off. Howver, Quicken still uses the Cloud to store datafile metadata info regardless of the Cloud setting.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

This discussion has been closed.