Ability to Run All Reports in your Base Currency (for multi-currency users, Q Mac)

adsoft2015
adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta
edited May 2023 in Reports (Mac)

As a multi-currency user, I'd like to run have the option to view my reports in my base currency using all transactions regardless of which currency the transaction occurred in. For example, if my base currency is USD but I purchased items in AUD and EUR, I'd like to see these item converted to my base currency.

Currently, Quicken for Mac allows me to run my reports for All USD, All EUR or All AUD, but. there is no options to run the report for All Currencies.

Quicken user since 1992... Version 1!

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct. Not available in QMac at this time.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

The developers have said multi-currency functionality is coming to Quicken Mac. We just don't know when; it could be in a month or in a few years.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • quinnski56
    quinnski56 Member

I am one among many many people who have expenses in different currencies (American and Canadian in my case). In a software product as complex and useful as Quicken, it seems crazy that relatively simple functionality cannot be created to multiply transactions in one currency by an exchange rate to create a consolidated report. I called support today, and he checked with a supervisor before coming back to say it's impossible in the current software. This seems like an obvious oportunity to increase the value of the software to many users.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@quinnski56 As noted just above your post, the developers have stated this is a feature they are either working on or have in their plans. So it's coming — it's just a question of when. (And they never share information about that!)

And yes, it may seem crazy that you can't run a report with currencies converted to your home currency. But isn't it crazy that you can create a budget, but can't get an actual-versus-budget report through the end of the prio month? Or that there's a search-and-replace feature, but it skips any transaction with spliit lines? Or… well, you get the idea: there are lots of very valid feature ideas which have yet to be implemented.

When they restarted building a modern Quicken Mac from scratch about a decade ago, no one — including the developers — thought it would take so long to build all the functionality users want and expect. But Quicken is complex software, and the Mac development team has a finite (and not huge) number of programmers and designers. So the good news over the years has been that the program is steadily getting better, while the bad news is that it's taking so long to get many seemingly-obvious features built.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mark303
    mark303 Member ✭✭✭
    I also want the consolidated reporting capability across currencies. Weird that the sidebar can show the balances in home currency but not reports.
This discussion has been closed.