Dashboard graphs should allow omitting transfers - Income vs. Expenses is not useful as a result

Options
Scheff
Scheff Member
edited October 2023 in Display/UI

I have monthly transfers that are just internal bookeeping, but they dwarf the size of my actual income and expenses. Since I can't omit these from dashboard graphs like the "Income vs. Expenses" graph, the resulting dashboard graphs are just noisy chart junk, and don't actually show me anything real or useful.

Please, please, please - allow us to customize these graphs to omit transfers, as we can for reports.

9 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Scheff,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• nycaleksey
    nycaleksey Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    This is very important and should have been done long ago. Please give users an option to ignore transfers between certain set of accounts, they have no relevance on the financial situation but distort the reporting a lot!
  • Tom39
    Tom39 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had the same problem and was getting ready to post it with pictures.

I did a search first and saw this post about transferring into brokerage accounts. It mentioned customizing the report to prevent incorrect reporting.

When I went into Income vs Expense graph customization, I noticed not all accounts were included in the report. Once I added in the missing accounts, my monthly income which had mysterious occasional jumps (I'd love to be making 30k per month) disappeared. My expenses likewise came into line. I was just ignoring the report the last few years rather than realizing the new accounts weren't included and that's why it was wrong.

Hopefully that corrects the problem for you.