Using _MileageChrity allocations

Options
williamspl
williamspl Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)
How can I get _MileageChrity allocations to show up on a Cash Charity Report?

Many thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @williamspl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. To assist, I do need more information. It sounds like you may be referring to a custom report. Do you recall what report it was based off of, such as Cash Flow, Cash Flow by Tag, etc? Also, is _MileageChrity a category you have created or is it a tag or something else?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

As with all other categories beginning with an _underscore character, these categories may be hidden by default, cannot be deleted or edited and should be unhidden when used.
    _Mileage… categories require the use of the Vehicle Mileage feature, available only in HB&R.

Not being associated with a specific bank account, the Mileage tracking records appear only in Tax - related reports which are specifically programmed to include Mileage tax line items, e.g., Tax Summary, Tax Schedule.

You can print entries from the Vehicle Mileage feature as a report. Customize the view to only show records for the desired time period then click the printer icon at the lower left of the view.

Actual expenses like Parking, Tolls, etc., need to be recorded as separate cash or credit card transactions using separate categories. That will make them appear in all your reports.

What's deductible, and in what specific tax line item … please check with your tax advisor.

For more information please see https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/About+tracking+mileage

• williamspl
    williamspl Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since I am using just Q Premier and manually tallying my Charity mileage, I guess I should create my own Mileage Certegy to reflect the total amount on my Cash Charity custom report. And, not get too complicated.

Thanks!
  • williamspl
    williamspl Member ✭✭
    Options
    And perhaps hide my _ categories that I do not use?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ususally Categories that begin with _underscores are special Quicken categories like the ones for investment income.

It is probably not a good idea to use underscores in your own categories.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.