Lost all my data

NancyCL
NancyCL Member ✭✭
I didn't renew my Quicken 2019 and have been using the program without accessing my bank through the Internet. I have been able to do this up until two days ago when I went into Quicken, and everything is gone! Is there a way to recoup my data, or was I cut off due to not renewing? If I should renew, will I get all my data back? Please help!

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

WIndows or Mac? Your profile says Windows but you're posting in the Mac forum.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Hello @NancyCL,

You shouldn't be cut off; the Data Access Guarantee means you should be able to access your Quicken file and update it manually. You would be cut off from Quicken on the Web and from Quicken Mobile, since those are connected services, but you would maintain access to the Quicken file(s) stored on your computer.

When you say everything is gone, do you mean it came up to a blank file? If that is the case, then it may be you accidentally opened an incorrect file. Since your profile says Windows, but you posted in the Mac forum, I will give you directions for both. In Quicken for Windows, click on File, then near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit, it should list the 4 Quicken files you have been in most recently. The one you are currently in would be in the #1 spot; the one you were previously in would be in the #2 spot.

If you use Quicken for Mac, the process is similar. You would go to File>Open Recent, and it will list your recently accessed files with the one you are currently in at the top.

I hope that helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Quicken never deletes your data, even when you don't renew a subscription. IT remains in your data file on your hard drive. Since you've been using a lapsed subscription for the past 3+ years, nothing should have changed recently. Please provide more details about your platform, what you're doing, and what you're seeing.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.