Chase not linking credit cards (Error CC-800)

Today Quicken did a version upgrade. Upon completion, only 2 of my 4 Chase accounts are updating. The two credit card accounts do not link in Quicken. When I go through the update or add connection, the chase side says it is sharing all 4 accounts with quicken, but quicken only sees the checking and savings and not the two credit cards as linked to the bank. This has worked fine for years until the upgrade today,

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

(CTP-6602)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears Chase credit cards are very broken today. I have 3 cards under 2 logins in my Quicken file. All of them failed with CC-800 and none of them can be re-authorized and reactivated. Everything fails. The dialog shown below just repeats and never succeeds.

So I'm wondering whether this is system wide - has anyone successfully downloaded Chase credit cards today?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Reed M
    Reed M Member ✭✭
    Again, I cannot download transactions from Chase. CC-800.
  • Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭

I followed the cc-800 instrutions, deactivated both my cards and reactivated. One reactivated but still has the red"no" sign and the other does not link when trying to reactivate.

• geoffj
    geoffj Member ✭✭✭

Also getting CC-800 errors on Chase. Only one of three accounts found when I try the "fix it" option.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

(CTP-6602)

-Quicken Anja

• Wayne104
    Wayne104 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I sync'ed today and have the issue of Quicken deciding my Chase credit card account is closed, even though it clearly is not closed and nothing had changed.

I reauthorized with Chase, which says the account is already linked.

I reset the online link as suggested by Quicken, but it cannot re-link to the account (clearly, because how could Quicken link to an account it thinks is dead?)

Please fix.

I have filed an error through the Quicken "report a problem" link.
  • Houstee
    Houstee Member ✭✭
    I am having the exact same problems as noted by other people.
  • geoffj
    geoffj Member ✭✭✭

I am having same issue. CC-800 on Chase. "Fix it" option doesnt work. Niether does the deactivate all and add again.

• danyankees
    danyankees Member

I was having this problem for the first time today. I closed Quicken and restarted it without taking any of the "Fix It" steps to correct the problem. When I attempted to update transactions it found my account and updated successfully. Perhaps Quicken fixed something?

• mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭

Same thing, I had four credit card accounts at Chase not download, tell me they were closed, gave a red circle next to account in account bar, and error 800. When I just went back into Quicken after closing it and ran another one step update everything worked fine. So either that fixed problem or the orignal problem has been resolved.

• AVP
    AVP Member ✭✭
    Also tried 'Fix It' - didn't work! Very frustrating!
  • Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭

Whatever the problem was. it seems to have resolved. I just went back in, went to link accounts, they both linked. I could then update and they both updated. The red "no" sign went away and there was no CC-800 error.

• Wayne104
    Wayne104 Member ✭✭
    Thank you everyone who reported it is working now. I went back, re-linked with Chase, and Quicken reaffirmed the account. Fortunately a short-lived error.
  • whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta

It is not a short lived error. I also went back, re-linked with Chase and Quicken reaffirmed the account. That lasted 1 day. Today, the error came back. So unless you do that every day or 2, it will reoccur.

• Laura111
    Laura111 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

I have also had this problem with 2 Chase accounts. I have reported the issue to quicken but as of yet the problem still exists. I can restore one account but then the other one deactivated. Keeps going around in circles, very frustrating we are paying for this [Removed-Language].

• decpdx
    decpdx Member

This is still happening for me. 1 of my 4 accounts does not show up on the Quicken side during the final steps of reconnecting. I also tried quitting Quicken and then opening again, as recommended in this thread, and that did not solve the problem.

• Wayne104
    Wayne104 Member ✭✭
    > @whodiini said:
    > It is not a short lived error. I also went back, re-linked with Chase and Quicken reaffirmed the account. That lasted 1 day. Today, the error came back. So unless you do that every day or 2, it will reoccur.

Sorry it's not been fixed for you. My statement was premature!
  • Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭✭

Had this problem this morning. Chase CC account got CC 800 error on One Step Update. I checked the account detail and saw that my Quicken program still had the account details. So, I updated from the Account not the OSU and that fixed the problem. Hope this helps.

• brhutch
    brhutch Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

I have two credit card accounts from the same bank, Chase, in Quicken. They both have been updating fine for years. Now I'm getting the circle with a slash through one of them saying "unable to update...add account again". When I do that it goes to the bank and ends up with a message to not add to Quicken but it does show the other account. I've tried to fix this by disabling the update of the account and reenabling it. When do that it adds the account in but disables the other account. Is this a Quicken or a bank issue and how do I fix it?

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited April 2023

Hello @brhutch,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are both Chase accounts under the same user ID, or do they use different user IDs? You mentioned you're seeing a circle with a slash, does it look like this (see image below)?

If it doesn't, would you be able to provide a screenshot of what you are seeing (with any personal information obscured or blurred)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

• Laura111
    Laura111 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

I have reported the issue multiple times using the "Report a problem" tab under the help menu and sent all of the log files. Are you saying that no one at quicken is monitoring that? I have tried all of the so called trouble shooting fixes that don't work.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    edited April 2023

Thank you for your reply,

The information you provide via Report a problem to Quicken is used for statistical and investigative purposes.

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps from earlier in this discussion and you are still getting the CC-800 errors on accounts, the next step would be checking for file specific issues. I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

• Laura111
    Laura111 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

The issue still persists after the validation process. I went to the support chat and attempted to open a support ticket. After a long wait I was basically told the issue has already been reported so no ticket was created. How do I get notified if or when this issue gets resolved?

[Merged Post]

• brhutch
    brhutch Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

Thanks for the reply. These accounts are under different user IDs. The circle with a slash is exactly what I see. I wonder if this is related to the issues Chase had at the end of last year where they changed the connection method? An internet search showed there were problems getting accounts to download after changes at Chase. I've tried the "Fix It" sequence, Account reset, and the Account Reactivation. I can never get both accounts to show up with no errors.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    edited April 2023

Thank you for your reply @brhutch,

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(CTP-6602)

Quicken Kristina

• Bob@45
    Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭

I had a similar problem with several Chase credit cards last week. Also savings accounts at ETrade, and one other account somewhere (I forgot which). I resolved my issues (I think) by doing a complete Deactivate of online services for all accounts from the institution, and then doing the "add account" process to re-register all of them (all at one time).

• UserSteve
    UserSteve Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Hello, I am having a similar issue. Every time I run an update for my accounts, it tells me my Chase accounts are CC-800 and they have been deleted. So I do the re-authorization thing again, it logs on to Chase, I enter my information, check the boxes, it says I'm good, then it syncs my accounts and downloads transactions. Then the next time I start Quicken I get the same message again and start all over. They are showing in Quicken and Chase website says all is well. This is seriously annoying and a big waste of time.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @UserSteve,

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the steps in this article do not resolve the issue, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(CTP-6602)

Quicken Kristina

• JimPost
    JimPost Member

I just got the same error this morning with my 3 Chase credit cards with the Chase checking account updating fine. It does not let me fix the error and reconnect the accounts. Upon connecting once again to Chase which was successful, the option to link the broken credit cards to quicken says do not link with no drop down. Please help.

• brhutch
    brhutch Member ✭✭
    Ok after talking with Chase they informed me that these two credit card accounts have nothing to do with each other so it can not be an issue with Chase. The problem here lies with Quicken and I suspect an update that occured about 3 weeks ago. What else can it be, and is there anyone else I can contact?
This discussion has been closed.