PayPal Credit account will not update after adding the account.

donm527
donm527 Member ✭✭

I added my PayPal credit account to my Quicken and when I do it only downloaded transactions to March 17th (Today is 4/16) and it will never update with any more transactions since the 17th and there are a lot of transactions. If I do then manually, Quicken will never update transactions even though it will update Online Balance showing.

I have tried deleting and re-adding the account maybe a dozen times and still not working.

I had to rebuild my entire Quicken after somehow the file got corrupted and messed up updating on accounts so I am not happy with this product after using since Quicken 2001

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @Paul D.,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert if you would like to be notified of updates (when available) and know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon in the upper right, please make sure you are signed into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10205021/CTP-6508)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Kalman
    Kalman Member ✭✭
    Same for me after resetting account for Paypal credit it does not update any transactions.
    Also tried to deactivate this account, does not fix the problem.
    Having this issue for a few months, all my other accounts update without issue.
    Been using Quicken for over 20 years ..
    HB&RP Version R48.15 Build 27.1.48.15
    Windows 11 Pro
  • Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭

PayPal is another one of the online accounts interagration that does not work, it keeps saying "We are still connecting to PayPal, try again in 1-2 days". Capital One the exact same thing.

They are having a very difficult time remediating these online connection errors, many of them have been reported for several months and nothing seems to be done to correct.

• compumonk
    compumonk Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Same happening for me as well. Worked for over a year and about this last month or so, just stopped updating. No errors on the update, just no new transactions. I've tried resetting and removing/adding the connection. No dice. :(
  • letch
    letch Member

My PayPal credit account was updating fine until April 3rd, now it's not updating. I've tried resetting/rebooting and removing and adding back the connection - still nothing.

• Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Hello @Rich Burke,

Are you encountering the same issue as the other posters? Your description of the error message sounds more like an issue connecting to an online biller. If your issue isn't the same as the others, I'd recommend creating a new discussion.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Paul D.
    Paul D. Member ✭✭

I'm having the same issue; The last transaction Quicken downloaded was from 3/18/2023. I know I hit recently the unable to login issue but that went away sometime ago and now its just not downloading updates at all.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @Paul D.,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert if you would like to be notified of updates (when available) and know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon in the upper right, please make sure you are signed into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10205021/CTP-6508)

Quicken Kristina

• Kalman
    Kalman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Kristina: In addition if you try to add it back quicken messes with your Paypal credit balance [Edited-Language]. Your balance due will be higher then your actual balance. I would suggest everyone verify your balance against your last statement and current account balance.

• JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

After months of not downloading any transactions from PayPal (Credit or MasterCard) today I get an error message."A name or number for your PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto account may have changed. Let’s fix the issue by reconnecting your account. (Error Code: 324)" . Of course clicking on the reconnect button goes through the steps and then says "Quicken couldn't find any accounts to add. It seems ridiculous to be paying for a service that doesn't work any better than this.

• DJFord
    DJFord Member

I've been having this problem for over 1 month now. I've deleted accounts, I tried to re-add the account. Just gave up on Quicken and download the transactions and upload to quicken. What a joke that they can't keep the connections working. We pay a lot to have this function.

• nmeyerz
    nmeyerz Member ✭✭

Same here. Paypal credit has not updated since April. Been using Quicken for over 20 years and since they brought it all to their cloud based subscriptions, connections seem to fail randomly and their resolution response is slow. According to all these posts, something changed in April and they can simply back out the impacting change…as we do with our clients. @Quicken Alyssa - can you all look into this issue, please?

• nmeyerz
    nmeyerz Member ✭✭

Any updates on this issue. When is Quicken going to correct this? This has been going on since April. Please continue to post daily about this issue until they correct it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

• nmeyerz
    nmeyerz Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023

PayPal credit still not working. When will this be fixed [Removed - Beta Mod Tag] ?

• RJQkn
    RJQkn Member ✭✭

This is still an issue and the alert has not been updated in almost 2 months. Can we get an update from somebody at Quicken. Are you still actively working this issue or has it been put on the back burner?

The alert is posted here:

• Paul D.
    Paul D. Member ✭✭

This is seriously causing me issues not being able to track my purchases on Paypal Credit. Its been over 4 months and no updates on the situation.

• Experiencing the same

This discussion has been closed.