renewing - Having trouble with 40% discount and cannot open Quicken or access data [Edited]

So took advantage of the 40% off renewal offer an though I would give quicken another year. Unfortunately it will not recognize that i renewed and apparently i need to go through a bunch of steps to download a patch.

So i followed the steps and when i got to the last step it said that if I have the Canadian version to follow the link to a different page, which starts the steps over again from the begining, but with different files. So now that i wasted more time…

Downloading and installing the patch from before my expiry. which didn't seem to run. i double click and is looks like it is going to load, then nothing.

however now when i open Quicken it gives me a renew message for a full price renew and exits.

(support is currently closed of course…)

what the hell

Comments

• update - looks like my quicken account might now be disabled as well. Did a clean install, then my credentials don't work. but i know im entering the right creds because i have used them dozens of times this morning already.

Does anyone know of a way to get the data without using quicken? I need to lookup some stuff

• creatingaccountagain
    creatingaccountagain Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

more update - I of course tried to reset my password just in case. however after multiple attempt the email verification code is always invalid

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Every 40% off deal I have seen for the last few years has only been for NEW USERS. That means that the Quicken ID (forum account) could never have had a subscription Quicken version registered against it.

If you have been using Quickne recently, it would mean that you would need to create a new Quicken ID to register this new Quicken purchase. You will be able to open/use your previous Quicken data file(s) but you will need to go to Edit→Preferences→Quicken ID and use the option on that screen to login as a different user using the new Quicken ID.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Thanks for the comment, but they keep sending me a 40% email to get me to renew, I was even logged in to my quicken account when I renewed it gave me the 40% off.

but at the moment quicken will not accept any logins or new account creation attempts it seems stuck at the password dialogue
  • Hello @creatingaccountagain,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When I take a look at your account, it looks like you accidentally paid for a US subscription instead of a Canadian one. That is why its not recognizing your subscription. To get that issue corrected, you will need to reach out to our phone support. They will also be able to assist you with the login issue.

As @splasher said, the 40% discount offer on the website is intended for new users. If you did receive a promotional email promising that, Quicken Support may be able to help you with getting it applied.

If you do need to log in today, I would recommend waiting at least 4 hours before trying again. I can see that too many failed login attempts did lock the account temporarily, so you will need to wait to give that temporary lock time to release.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• After waiting about 9 hours, Quicken will still not accept my credentials (the same ones I used to log in to the website) And I would not have any failed login attempts so I'm not sure that would make sense.

Why would I be charged a US subscription? The address on my account is in Canada. And why would the 40% discount be applied if I wasn't eligible?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The purchase of US vs Cdn is on different webpages, so if you are on the wrong page, you get the wrong subscription.

You got the 40% discount because you were a first time US buyer using that Quicken ID. If you had been on the Cdn purchase page, you would not have gotten the 40%.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.