No pending payments, but can't delete online biller

Quicken will not let me delete an online biller because it states that there are pending payments. However, there are none. I followed the instructions given to Dexter42 in a similar post and it didn't help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @G_Y,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Could you please link the similar post you are referring to or list the troubleshooting steps you have already done? Would you be able to include screenshots of the error you are getting (with personal information obscured or blurred out)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume this is the discussion you are referring to:

So, @G_Y , after Repair Online Biller you did go back to Manage Online Billers and tried to delete the online biller … then what happened?

• G_Y
    G_Y Member ✭✭

Yes, several times.

• Thank you for your response,

Is it the State Farm accounts you are trying to remove? When I check on our servers, it shows that biller has not yet successfully connected due to 2 factor authentication. The error message recommends turning off the 2 factor authentication with State Farm (at least temporarily) and trying to connect again. It won't let you delete it because of that pending action, rather than an actual pending payment.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• G_Y
    G_Y Member ✭✭

I reluctantly removed the two-step authentication for State Farm, clicked on "Fix It" and this is what I got (just like the times before)…

Since turning off two factor authentication didn't let you proceed, the next step would be checking for file specific issues. I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• G_Y
    G_Y Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Success. Thank you.

I'm glad to hear that corrected it.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.