Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Comments

• rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭✭
    I chose to enter the reminder as a Bill, not a transfer. But why did Quicken change it to a Transfer Reminder without my permission?
  • rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭✭
    I am having this same problem. I have several Bill Reminders that I set to Auto Enter that were changed by Quicken to Remind me 0 days in advance. These Bill Reminders now show up as Upcoming on the list instead of Auto, after I did a One Step Update. This has happened several times and causes me to go back and change them all manually.
  • Scott C
    Scott C Member

I have seen the same issue with the Income & Reminders. A large portion of transactions have changed themselves for Auto back to Upcoming, meaning they will not enter themselves automatically in the register like I had set them, thus you must enter each transaction manually I guess. I went and changed 24 reminders back to Auto setting and then exited the program and then logged back in only to see that the program had changed them back to Upcoming again. I changed them all back to Auto again and exited the program. I After reading this thread I fully expect them to revert back on their own again. Frustrating to say the least. While on the subject of income & bill reminders, in trying to organize all of our finances for my wife, should something happen to me, I have setup all the bills to auto pay, but with the increased security protocols of Banks such as Bank of America not allowing to pay bills anymore through Quicken I have setup bill pay through the Bank and make use of their e-bill functionality where they receive the vendor invoice and then schedule the auto payment. Unfortunately not every vendor subscribes to this functionality so for those vendors I set up auto pay directly with the vendor. Now, all that being said it sure would be nice if we had options in Quicken to choose from when setting up a reminder that you could tell at a glance which type of Auto payment it is. Currently the only choice you see is Auto. It would be nice to have choices to label the reminder such as Bill Pay (meaning you have to set up payment on banks bill pay), e-Bill Pay (meaning the bank receives the bill and sets up payment automatically), Vendor Pay (meaning the vendor automatically drafts payment from bank account or charges credit card), and there may be others that make sense. They are just labels at this point. It would also be nice to be able to edit and choose what columns are shown in the Bill & Income Reminders section and be able to size them any width we want. I know, I know, now I'm just dreaming.

• sullfam1
    sullfam1 Member ✭✭
    OK, so I just went and changed all my Upcoming items back to Auto and restarted Quicken. All items are still Auto. I then synced to Bank of America, but not the cloud. All the items I switched to Auto are now back to Upcoming. Any idea when this will be fixed??
  • John Patriarca
    John Patriarca Member ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue across 4 different files. Started about 1 month ago. Used "Report a Problem to Quicken", no response.
  • davidsh
    davidsh Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023

I use Quicken Deluxe for Windows and do not sync to cloud [Edited-Readability] (never enabled cloud services, do not use Quicken for mobile). At some point in the last few weeks, all my bills that are set to auto-enter (typically set for 0 days in advance), stopped auto entering. The items still say "auto enter" but they just sit in an unentered state and show under the Past Due grouping. I have tried to troubleshoot by doing the following:

1. Super validate - did nothing
    2. Recreated new bill reminders set to auto enter - these items failed to auto enter
    3. Edited existing reminder that failed to auto enter and changed to manually enter. I could then add it to the register.

Is there an easy fix that I haven't uncovered yet? Any chance this will be addressed in a future update? Or is this one of those things that I am just going to have to live with (an inconvenient loss of a feature that I had come to rely on)?

• Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    I encourage everyone with the problem to report it to Quicken. In the program go to Help/Report a Problem. This will help Quicken staff to understand the scope of the problem and the associated log files can also help with their diagnosis.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2023

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6834)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @davidsh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.
    >
    > While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

Thanks for your work on this. It is appreciated.
  • spkcoil
    spkcoil Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Since the last update, my bill reminders that are set to Auto switches back to Uncoming the next time I launch the Quicken program.

• Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭

@TexLa07

I've done some more checking into this and found that it's not 30 days but what actually changes is the NEXT DUE bill or income entry.

I have some payments that are entered quarterly, biannually and annually and find that the NEXT DUE entry is the only one that changes back to "remind me" from "automatically enter" after running One Step Update…all of the entries beyond that are not affected.

Also note that it still does it regardless of whether or not "sync to cloud" is checked in OSU.

Paul

•  KQ
    KQ Member, Windows Beta Beta

ISSUE- When working on Bill Reminders, bottom left options to select Estimated amount of bill.

Once I select the Estimated amount and turned ON for Bill Reminders, it does not stay selected. When opening the Reminder right after the selection is turned ON, Quicken immediately turns this setting back

OFF.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @spkcoil,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6823)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• sgj31
    sgj31 Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I reported it but have heard nothing about a fix.
  • stevezilis
    stevezilis Member

I am having the same issue. auto entry is changing to "remind" no matter how many times I change it back. this is obviously a bug that needs to be fixed, not a simple support issue as a moderator suggested in another post. this can cause real damage as this community member above describes. To Quicken: you are dealing with real people depending on you to manage finances and meet financial objectives. You need to take this seriously please.

• stevezilis
    stevezilis Member

same issue. get your act together Intuit please! waste of time to call support. this is a bug.

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Same issue, the auto enter transactions mode will not save.
  • Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. Each time I select the amount due to be the current balance on the credit card it reverts to "Fixed amount" which was not the case in the past.
  • Lorenzo
    Lorenzo Member ✭✭
    Same issue here as well. All auto enter reminders are reverting to remind only. Please advise ASAP.
  • Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue in the past few weeks. Auto entry disappears and the bills and income estimates keep returning to "Fixed amount" after I change multiple time to "Current credit card balance". This used to work fine.
  • Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭

@Quicken Kristina @Quicken Jasmine

In my post prior to this one I talked about ONLY the NEXT DUE bills & payments changing from "automatically enter" to "remind me" after running One Step Update.

This morning I found that you don't even have to run OSU for this to happen…I had a Netflix payment which had previously changed from auto to enter and after manually entering that payment I immediately scrolled down and found that the NEXT DUE Netflix payment had now changed from "automatically enter" to "remind me"…and that's with doing nothing but manually entering the payment.

Perhaps you could forward this information to the group that's working on this issue as it may help them solve this.

Thanks,
    Paul

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭

This issue has been a problem since 2021 and has been reported to Quicken under several different posts.

• Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, as Kristina mentioned it's still ongoing and there's no ETA. You can bookmark her thread so you can get notified once it's fixed.

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭

This issue has been reported many times to Quicken under various posts and titles. It has been a problem since at least 2021.

• sullfam1
    sullfam1 Member ✭✭
    I'm wondering if Quicken/Intuit is even aware of this issue. The people on here named "Quicken..." Do they even work for Quicken?
  • Paul Roques
    Paul Roques Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes they are completely aware. I have submitted three different problem reports, via Quicken, which included log files and descriptions of various scenarios regarding this issue.

• alan2857
    alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

After the most recent update R49.33 all my Bill & Income Entries which were set to "Auto" entry have been reset so that I have to manually authorize them. Also I tries reporting this as a bug but the bug reporting system was kaput.

[Merged Post]

• alan2857
    alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Did some investigation and determined that all Bill & Income "Auto" entries are reset to "Upcoming" after syncing with Quicken mobile. I contacted Quicken support they admitted this was a known problem. Way to go Quicken my guess is that I'll have to spend time fixing this manually when they fix the web version. Not a happy customer

[Merged Post]

• dparteka
    dparteka Member

Same issue here… after changing all my bill and income reminders back to automatically-enter they have now all reverted back to remind-me… please keep me posted as this is quite annoying.

This discussion has been closed.