It's skipping bill reminders again [Edited]

Options

All of my memorized transactions for July are marked skipped. I did not skip them. I thought this bug was fixed. Any way to restore them without re entering everything?

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You're not the only one, but you're a little late to the ball game. There have been plenty of discussions in the past.
    I'm still hoping for the Quicken programmers to get with it and fix whatever they were changing when all this "skipped" business started.
    If you don't have a bunch of solid date calculation subroutines, date calculation is one headache after the other. BTDTGTS.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

(CTP-6996)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kwallyz
    kwallyz Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Earlier comments suggested to set reminder days to 27 days or less. Mine are mostly in the 7 to 10 day range and it still happens. I also have some Auto payments set to 0 and these have been a particular issues, being skipped entirely and not auto entering as I expect them to do.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @lmb100,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What do you mean by skipping memorized transactions? Are you saying it is not saving transactions you want to memorize? Or, since you're specifically using the word "skip", are you talking about Bill Reminders showing as skipped?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• lmb100
    lmb100 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for replying. Bill reminders for July are all listed as Skipped. There is an option to place them in Skipped status under Edit. I did not do this. There is no option for "un-skip." This also happened about a month ago but then did not happen again until now.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you please capture one or more images of the Tools / Manage Bill & Income Reminders view / All Bills & Deposits tab showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac
    Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• lmb100
    lmb100 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here you are - one section of July. All of the monthly items are set up to post automatically 30 days in advance. Skip is an option if you go to any one item and click on edit. I did not skip any of them.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's my suspicion that a change in Quicken, made some time last year, is causing this problem.
    Due to this change, a Reminder's next instance date cannot be calculated correctly if
    "[xx] days before" is equal to or greater than the number of days in the interval between two instances.

To prove or disprove this, could I trouble you to change some or all of your reminders to "27 days before" or less and then let's see what happens next month.
    Of course, you need to change the Due Date back to the correct next instance date, too.

BTW, if you wonder why I'm suggesting 27 days (or less) for your monthly reminders … the shortest month in the year, February, usually has 28 days and a lot of my reminders, set to 28 or 30 days, have skipped the February due date. Since changing my reminders to 27 days or less, there have been no more skipped reminders.

• lmb100
    lmb100 Member ✭✭
    Options
    sounds interesting, I'll try it. But why am I the only one complaining?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You're not the only one, but you're a little late to the ball game. There have been plenty of discussions in the past.
    I'm still hoping for the Quicken programmers to get with it and fix whatever they were changing when all this "skipped" business started.
    If you don't have a bunch of solid date calculation subroutines, date calculation is one headache after the other. BTDTGTS.

• lmb100
    lmb100 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Correct. Change the days from 30 in advance to 29 in advance and the status changes to Auto. Change back to 30 and the status changes to skipped. I'm going to switch to 27 days to make sure there's no road bump in February but considering the number of programmers Intuit employs you'd think several million people wouldn't need a workaround.
  • alan2857
    alan2857 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have seen this problem for some time but only on my income reminders, the transactions still get posted to the account even when they are flagged as "Skipped" so I have ignored it. This falls into the annoying but non-critical bugs category like the disappearing "Auto" entry flag. I think "Imb100" is definitely onto something with the date calculation.
  • lmb100
    lmb100 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just as an update, I changed all the monthly transactions to "automatically post in 27 days" and they show as status=Auto. A few days later many of them had changed themselves to status=Upcoming and the checkbox was now "remind me 27 days in advance". I have fixed some of them and want to see if they change back again. I will see if per alan2857 they post anyway. It appears as though this part of the program is very buggy. I wish that Quicken would spend more time on it and less time trying to create investment reports.
  • Quicken Kristina
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

(CTP-6996)

Quicken Kristina

• lmb100
    lmb100 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just tried to and got a message saying that the error report could not be sent to Quicken. Also I don't know where to find log files.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To find log files in Quicken for Windows, go to Help>Contact Support>Log Files.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• kwallyz
    kwallyz Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had this issue for over a year and submitted it to the community to see if others were running into it. It seems like every time I update an online account after the update some or most bill reminders have their next pay dates moved back a month, e.g. if a bill was due 7/23/23 that reminder is skipped and the bill is now due 8/23/23. Every few days I have to review my bills and move the next due date back so I don't miss paying a bill. Now it started happening with monthy deposits also.

• lmb100
    lmb100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes it does that too. I now have all my transactions set as automatically post 27 days in advance (so I can see the month ahead more or less - when I made it 30 it juist dropped the item entirely) with a status of "auto" and most of them (but not all) revert when I close the program to "remind me" with a status of "Upcoming". I'm trying changing that to 20 days which so far has helped. Why I don't know. I can only assume that Quicken spends all of its programmers' time on investment issues but they're ignoring the huge number of clients who just use the program to make sure they have enough cash to pay their bills.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi All, There was a fix made in R50.16 which should have resolved this issue as this is no longer reproducing at our end with latest R50 release. Could you please confirm if you are still seeing bill reminders being skipped?

If this is still reproducing in R50.16, then please share a screen recording video demoing the steps and leading to this issue?

Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Janean, what was done to resolve the issue? Was a new version released?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• kwallyz
    kwallyz Member ✭✭
    Options

This is absolutely still happening in R50.16 - it happened to me again yesterday. I don't think I can capture video since it happens after an online update, which takes a long time. I will try to get screen shots if still needed. I do have steps taken that seem to cause the issue.

I have bills setup mostly for credit card payments, but also for utility bills. As a test I setup a dummy bill not tied to an account and that never be skipped. I have tried setting them up based on an account amount, estimated amounts and fixed amounts and nothing has stopped them from being skipped. I now check my bill reminders after every update and change next payment dates on those that were skipped.

Reproduce steps:

1. Enter monthly bill reminder. Base amount on last bills or a CC account balance.
    2. Check due dates.
    3. Reconcile an account. It asks whether to update transactions - do the update. Note the update seems to take a very long time.
    4. Check your bill reminders. You should see that some bills that were due in July for example are now due in August. It may change accounts other than the one that was updated.

• kwallyz
    kwallyz Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Earlier comments suggested to set reminder days to 27 days or less. Mine are mostly in the 7 to 10 day range and it still happens. I also have some Auto payments set to 0 and these have been a particular issues, being skipped entirely and not auto entering as I expect them to do.

• jrose323
    jrose323 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had this issue as well. Have to call my credit card company and beg for a late fee forgiveness thanks to this issue. Online Billers became one of my favorite features of the the software since it came out, but over the last year or so, their reliability as been on a steep downhill. Half the billers I have wont properly sync each month and many of the billers I have arent available to sync anymore (Bank of America Credit Cards, Capital One, etc)…..

Really frustrating to develop a great feature and then let it go to crap.

• lmb100
    lmb100 Member ✭✭
    Options

So far users have reported three different types of serious issues with the reminders. Mine was the system on its own marking items as Skip, and once I changed the interval until posting from 30 to 27 days, on its own changing the item detail from Automatic entry at X days to Reminder at X days, which changes their type from Auto to Upcoming. Other people are just having a month worth of entries deleted from the list.

• kwallyz
    kwallyz Member ✭✭
    Options

To clarify, my issue is not that entries are being deleted from the reminder list, though that has happened it's rare. My issue that occurs regularly is that existing reminders have the due date changed, apparently when I do an online update, without me ever entering the bill or selecting Skip the bill.

• jrose323
    jrose323 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, this is what happened with me as well. Reminder is not deleted, just the due date is change when the bill was not paid for the month. This is only happening for me with reminders linked to online billers.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your responses. If you are still experiencing issues with your bill reminders skipping, please submit your logs by going to Help> Report A Problem. Let me know that you have do so, so I can report this as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience.

Quicken Janean

• kwallyz
    kwallyz Member ✭✭
    Options

I just submitted a report after reproducing the issue.

Had reminder bill for Amazon Visa due 7/24/23. Updated Citi Visa account - completely different account. After the update the due date changed as shown below.

I also had two Yearly reminders for which the due dates were changed by a year, due now in 2025, they were 2024 before the update.

Also note the update took over 5 minutes (per my stopwatch) which seems like a long time to me.

This discussion has been closed.