Apple Savings Account - Quicken Import throws OL-221-A Error

Options
tks
tks Member ✭✭

Trying to import downloaded Apple savings qfx throws OL-221-A error. The file imports fine in Quicken for Mac. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Vinay Gupta
    Vinay Gupta Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the save issue.
  • rcork
    rcork Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue. I really wish Quicken and Goldman would get web connect working for Apple Savings and Apple Card.

• jwwells123
    jwwells123 Member
    Options

Me too

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• unfrostedpoptart
    unfrostedpoptart Member ✭✭
    Options

Me too. Here's the details from the connection log:

==== OSU End (20230501/17:32:18) ====
    20230501 17:33:26: Not all required fields present. Object: BANKACCTFROM missing tag: BANKID
    20230501 17:33:27:
    20230501 17:36:39: Not all required fields present. Object: BANKACCTFROM missing tag: BANKID
    20230501 17:36:39:

• unfrostedpoptart
    unfrostedpoptart Member ✭✭
    Options

p.s. - I created the account in Quicken as an offline savings account.

• Vinay Gupta
    Vinay Gupta Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jasmine Any update on when this may be resolved?
  • Arpit
    Arpit Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue as everyone else here. Quicken for Windows R48.18.

• mike49107
    mike49107 Member
    Options

Following this hoping to see that a fix is in our future.

• cjjf_cjjf_cjjf1!
    Options

So how long do we think this will take to fix?

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi all, if you are still experiencing this, please go to help> report a problem and upload a sanitized file so we can further assist you. Thanks!

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• eld
    eld Member ✭✭
    Options

Now May 31st. Any progress? Thank you.

• solmssen
    solmssen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here, two months in a row. Manually entering transactions is getting old...
  • shavony
    shavony Member
    Options

tried this today. The QFX for Apple Card works fine. But the QFX for Apple Savings gives the error still.

• Eric_Leder
    Eric_Leder Member ✭✭
    Options

I am unable to upload a sanitized file. I tried to add the QFX file to the upload. I am also unable to find Apple Savings as a supported institution when I try to use add account. What is the progress on this 1 month old issue?

• rcork
    rcork Member ✭✭
    Options

it wouldn’t let me upload the QFX either so just did the sanitized file along with all the logs which I’m assuming would have the error details Quicken needs.

• eld
    eld Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for this; your efforts are much appreciated. Can't imagine that Q is not in contact with GS…but, you never know!

• McKev22
    McKev22 Member ✭✭
    Options

Following this thread as I'm having the same error. I'm able to import Apple Card transactions with the QFX file but getting error OL-221 B from the Apple Savings (GS) QFX file.

• Jason C3
    Jason C3 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I am also having the same issues. Like others have pointed out it appears the Bank field is blank and there are problems with how its imported into Quicken.

I tried using Quick* to open the other format offered by Apple. It also did not open and returned a similar error. It looks like the FI code for both Quicken and QB has not been updated to include Apple's Savings. As such the issue is probably on Apple's End.

• jordan.jacob
    jordan.jacob Member ✭✭✭
    Options

So two problems need to be resolved. Apple must export the routing number as the <BANKID>, and Quicken needs to add 18940 as a recognized <INTU.BID> for Savings accounts or needs to assign a new one to them.

When I add my routing number as the <BANKID> and change my <INTU.BID> to the one from Bank of America (the only other QFX I have to compare), I can start importing the transactions.

Quicken for Windows User Since 2005, IT Support Professional with 18 years of experience.

• eld
    eld Member ✭✭
    Options

So how do we make these changes ourselves? Thank you

• shappel
    shappel Member ✭✭
    Options

same problem, really like this to be resolved

• liberty76
    liberty76 Member
    Options

Following to be updated once this is resolved.

• ssllii
    ssllii Member ✭✭✭
    Options

following

• Paditt
    Paditt Member ✭✭
    Options

Following

• eld
    eld Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue is NOT on Q’s list of known issues, FYI.

• BlueZork
    Options

Apple Savings QFX files work in Quicken for Mac, as reported in this thread.

Apple Savings QFX files work in third-party app YNAB, as reported in a thread here:

Why does Quicken not fix Quicken for Windows? We're all paying for a subscription to Quicken. Not handling Apple Savings QFX files in Quicken for Windows has been unresolved for over four months! I am very disappointed with this lack of support.

This discussion has been closed.