Father's Day Fun Times...

Options
Quicken Jasmine
Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
edited July 2023 in The Water Cooler

Happy June to the wonderful Quicken Community.

I figured that this month we could piggyback off of last month's icebreaker and discuss our favorite memories with our fathers, being that Father's Day is just around the corner!

When I graduated high school, my father took me skydiving. There is nothing like jumping out of an airplane at 13,000 feet in the air with the man that raised you. We had an extremely fun day, went shopping and out to lunch then off to the skydiving center. I have a lot of great memories with my dad, however, this one does tend to stand out quite a bit for me!

I look forward to hearing y'alls memories! Happy Father's Day to all the dads, granddads, great-granddads, and so on!❤️

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

I was an absolute daddy's girl before my father passed! Although I only had just 8 short years of life with him, he will forever be my favorite person in the world. He was funny, silly, and while he was ill for most, if not my entire childhood, he never failed to make my childhood memorable. Frankly, I didn't learn how ill he truly was until I became an adult. That's how well he made sure not to worry me during that time despite being in and out of the hospital constantly.

One of my favorite memories with him was when he owned a cafe next door to our home. Every morning I would go in while he was working and ask for chocolate. He never said no despite my mother's side-eye. It's a small memory, but in hindsight, I can see all he wanted was to make his little girl smile. And that he did very well.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads in the world! ❤️

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Its hard to pick a favorite memory of my Dad. When my sister and I were kids, he always made time for us. We'd rather frequently get to go on walks with Dad after dinner. During summer vacation, we'd get to meet him at his office and enjoy lunch break with him. He has a seemingly endless supply of Dad jokes and puns, and he tries to help make everyone's day a little bit better.

I guess one of my favorite memories would be when we'd go bowling together every week. None of us were professional level, but it was just a fun thing to do.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Father's Day!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When I was visiting my parents, and my now deceased Father was in his late 80's and using a walker to get around, he used to place a serving tray on the seat of the walker to bring everyone their martinis.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

WOW! I didn't think that my memory was so earth-shattering as to preclude further discussion.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @NotACPA,

How could anyone follow that wonderful memory?! LOL

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@NotACPA

he used to place a serving tray on the seat of the walker to bring everyone their martinis.

I learned the art of martini-making at my father's knee. "A martini must be painfully cold" was his advice, as he shook (not stirred) the concoction with ice in a metal shaker. You knew the martini was ready when the metal shaker was too cold to hold on to.

In later years, I expanded on his technique to increase its usability: I simply kept my bottle of gin in the freezer where it stayed liquid at 0°F.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's no better place to store one's gin & vodka

This discussion has been closed.