Discover Bank

Options

Answers

• jtcrawf55
    jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Janean Connection method is Express Web Connect. When you get to the error page that says "Sign into Discover Bank bank failed. Try again." I hit the back button, which brings you to the "Search for your financial institution" page. Under "Best Results", I clicked on "Discover Card", which brought me to the "Add Account" page. I put in my "User Id" and "Password" and it found the accounts to re-link to my existing credit card accounts in Quicken. No idea if this works for anyone else and this only works to relink credit cards. I still cannot connect my Money Market account even though that account uses the same User ID and Password as my Credit cards.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

@jtcrawf55 Thank you for sharing those details. Are you able to see any other connection method available?

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jtcrawf55
    jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Janean the only other option I see is for "Importing older transactions from your bank website", but I am not going to click on it to see what happens.

• Bruce Kantor
    Bruce Kantor Member ✭✭
    Options

@Janean Quicken Version: 49.29, Financial Institution: Discover Bank, Connection Method: Express Web Connect. Any version after 49.29 fails to connect.

• Bruce Kantor
    Bruce Kantor Member ✭✭
    Options

@Janean Also, Financial Institution: Discover Bank is the only way you can link Checking or Savings accounts with Discover.

• JohnS956
    JohnS956 Member ✭✭
    Options

I stopped getting updates for my Discover savings and checking accounts sometime in early June . After no success repairing the accounts I deactivated them, but could not reconnect my Quicken account to Discover . I kept getting message that the attempt failed . I had no success reactivating them. I read a post suggesting rollback to version 27.1.49.29. I did that and was immediately able to reconnect to Discover and have been getting updates from Discover ever since. BTW, my connection method is Express Web Connect

• Quicken Janean
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thank you all for providing this information. I have reached out to our developers and shared your feedback. I asked that they look into this further. When I have more details to share, I will let you know. I do not have an ETA for when I will receive a response or when this issue will be fixed. Thank you for your continued patience and again, I am sorry for the delayed response regarding this issue.

Quicken Janean

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Janean

You asked: " @RB, for the accounts you were able to connect, can you let me know what connection type you are using?"

Express Web Connect is the connection method used to download Discover Credit Card Data using Financial Institution: "Discover Card".   People who are only interested in Discover Credit card should pick the Financial Institution: "Discover Card".

The Direct Connect and Web Connect methods are NOT support by Discover anymore. Discover Bank and Discover Card will only provide downloads in excel and csv formats from their website.

————————————————————————

@Quicken Janean @Quicken Jasmine @Quicken Alyssa

The major problem people are having is with inability to link Discover Bank Checking and Savings Account with Quicken!

You create a total new quicken file and select Financial Institution as either "Discover Bank" or "Discover Card Account Center" and you and your team will rapidly understand the problem we are having. See my earlier post (Quoted below) for further details.

After trying with the current version you might try it on an old version of Quicken (QW27.1.49.29) which some people report success. If the problem doesn't exist with the old version, it should not take long for your develops to figure out the problem.

• MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am happy to report that this morning I got an update. I deactivated Discover credit card to Quicken, erased the financial institution name, and then set it up again for" Discover Card." A few minutes later, all transactions downloaded.

• Matthew42
    Matthew42 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Janean Can we please get an update on this issue - the alert you reference hasn't been updated since 6/6 and we're apparently getting conflicting information from Discover customer service.

• MintUserNew
    MintUserNew Member ✭✭✭
    Options

From shutterbug613:

I have been a loyal Quicken user for 20+ years and have never had One Step Update issues that lasted this long. This is unacceptable. We pay you to provide us with a product/service and you are failing to provide us with a solution we can use. If this happened where I worked, people would be looking for a new job. A defect lasting this long would not be tolerated, especially with no updates on what the issue is, what is being done to resolve it, or when to expect a resolution. I rely on this product for so many different tasks and it is no longer meeting my needs. Yes, I know that saying this means nothing to Quicken and won't provide any solution to the issue, but it needed to be said. They are pissing off a lot of long-time customers.

I wish this message could let you know how frustrated I am with it.

• - - - - -

I felt this way earlier this year too, when Discover stopped working. I called tech support when my renewal ended, but the guy was just plain rude about it. He claimed I had never called them to report an issue, so wouldn't issue any credit. However, for this one, I at least may call.

I am starting to wonder if this is something to report to the FTC given that they do have a monopoly, and they are not providing the service. And, under the current administration, they go after these guys more.

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@BereanPK Thanks for reporting the results of your experimentation that confirm and extend my results in my earlier post (quoted below). Very Clearly stated!

It seems clear that something in the updates since R49.29 that prevents people from being able to add any accounts with the DISCOVER BANK financial institution.

• Wingding
    Wingding Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken - you should be paying the lovely people who are doing your testing for you. A QA Engineer salary is about $90k/year.

• Matthew42
    Matthew42 Member ✭✭
    Options

@BereanPK @RB Out of curiosity - when you roll back to R49.29 and can connect to Discover BANK does it create an Express Web Connect or an Express Web Connect Plus connection?

With R50.15 it attempts to create an Express Web Connect Plus connection when it fails.

• JohnS956
    JohnS956 Member ✭✭
    Options

After I rolled back to Version R49.29 an Express Web Connect connection was created

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Matthew42 I think you likely stated the problem very clearly!

@Quicken Janean @Quicken Jasmine @Quicken Alyssa Please take note

Recent versions of Quicken (after R49.29) are attempting (by default without the user able to change) to connect to DISCOVER BANK via "Express Web Connect Plus connection". The first step of this connection process is to for the user to login to a Discover website to authorize accounts. Quicken fails before it is able the even reach a Website that would allow a user to input their username and password. Quicken needs to STOP USING the Express Web Connect Plus connection method when the FINANCIAL INSTITUTION is DISCOVER BANK or DISCOVER CARD ACCOUNT CENTER.

Please pass on this information to you developers so they can make the necessary correction in the current code.

• BereanPK
    BereanPK Member ✭✭
    Options

@Matthew42 It's an EWC, not EWC+ connection - which I've discovered & @RB has mentioned also, Quicken seems to have a problem with EWC+ connections for certain accounts. Unfortunately, there's no really easy way for us as the users to select what type of connection we want to use. But given the difference between no connection at all with an EWC+ attempt, and plain EWC giving me access to the account data, I'll be happy if Quicken just stuck with EWC for Discover if they can't get the + to work.

• BereanPK
    BereanPK Member ✭✭
    Options

@Wingding Funnily enough, I used to be in the IT field before 9/11 changed my path to medicine. Maybe they can pay me a QA consulting fee! ;)

• Quicken Janean
    Options

Hi All, Thank you for all the testing that was done. I have shared this with our developers so that they are aware. I do not have an ETA on when this will be resolved but it is being looked into and I was asked that it be moved up in priority. Please stay tuned.

Quicken Janean

• PJH57
    PJH57 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic]

• cynwins
    cynwins Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic]

• LarryHolmes1414
    LarryHolmes1414 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still no joy… Jul 9, 2023 with

• BereanPK
    BereanPK Member ✭✭
    Options

@LarryHolmes1414 See my post above. You may want to roll your version back to R49.29, and stay there until the Discover situation gets resolved. To prevent Quicken from automatically updating, set your User Account Control (UAC) to the highest setting which will force Quicken to ask you via a popup to accept or deny any app changes/updates, and just always deny/cancel so you stay on 49.29. I keep checking the forum here to see when they will announce that the problem has been resolved, and because it appears that it is an issue in every version since 49.29, they'll certainly release a new version number beyond 50.16.

This discussion has been closed.