Accounts Summary Report (Q Mac)

Options
Subdriver
Subdriver Member
edited October 2023 in Reports

Could we please get the full date of the report on the top of the Accounts Summary Report, or the option to customize the report. Currently the top of the report only has "As of [month] [year]" no date.

3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Subdriver,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Subdriver The report you're referring to, Accounts Summary, is one of the few remaining "old" reports which carried over from the 2010-era Quicken Essentials when the modern Quicken Mac code was developed. Several years after the new Quicken Mac came to market, the developers wrote a new reports engine and created new reports with more configurability for users to replace the old ones. I don't know why the developers have not yet removed this old report from the program, because there's a newer report which shows essentially the same thing. The site moderator, @Quicken Jasmine, probably can't say this, but I feel pretty confident in saying there is no chance the developers will revise this old report as you have requested.

Instead of Accounts Summary, have you looked at the Net Worth report? It allows you to specify any date for the report; you can run it as of the end of last month, or last year, or any date. (And happily, the exact end date is shown on the report. 😁) Just like the old Account Summary, this report lists each account balance, subtotalled by assets and liabilities, and within that by account type (e.g. Cash, Savings, Brokerage, Retirement, other assets, credit cards, loans). You can also control which accounts are included in the report. As with alll the modern reports, you have more control over formatting the report, and you can export it shold you want to re-arranged the data in a spreadsheet. (I believe the only thing on the old report which is not on the new one is the credit limit of credit card accounts.) I'd encourage you to switch to using the modern Net Worth report in place of the old Accounts Summary.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I hope the old report doesn't go away until they add a Credit Card Utilization percentage report. My workaround for this shortcoming is to copy/paste the accounts summary into a spreadsheet that calculates CC Utilization.