Citi - CC-502

Options

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Alert regarding Citibank CC's is here:

Last update posts a purported work-around.

• Milehigh5280
    Milehigh5280 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've not been able to download my CC transactions (Costco visa) for days now. I tried to reset the account and now it can't even do that. Keeps telling me the Citi Bank website is down. I hope this issue is fixed soon.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Alert about this is here:

The most recent post in this thread has a purported work-around.

• Mary Ann Evans
    Options

i am having same issue - getting so frustrated

• Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

After working well for months Citi connection has been down since 9/12 with a CC-502 error. The workaround asks to remove 2 step authentication, and then to activate financial mgt apps and try to update. 2 step authentication is not set on my account so that does nothing, activating financial apps does nothing AS QUICKEN CANNOT ESTABLISH A CONNECTION.

• Phil C
    Phil C Member ✭✭
    Options

Me Three……

CC-502 today…worked fine over the weekend!

• Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    Options

Just started experiencing this issue this morning. Will try the workaround

• GeezerGeek
    GeezerGeek Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've not been able to update my Citi accounts using One Step for the last two days so today I tried updating by using "Update Now" from the drop-down menu in the registry. That caused Quicken to crash.

Quicken user since 1991, DOS version
  • husslein
    husslein Member ✭✭
    Options

Same cc-502 errors here for Citi — both checking/saving accounts and citicards. Tried the 1) deactivate, 2) readd as new account and get the unable to connect/cc-502 issue after entering login credentials.

(sigh)

• CBrashear
    CBrashear Member ✭✭
    Options

I have this problem also.

• Allen Rosenston
    Options

Keep getting a "CC-802" error from Citi Bank. Anyone else

• bLouChip
    bLouChip Member ✭✭✭
    Options

ditto, same problem as previous few users.

tried this solution, but got this quicken error:

So I went to citi.com/datamanagement and followed instructions to "Add Access" to allow quicken to pull data.

I went back to quicken to retry the account setup as the above link informs… It's working fine again.

• joebrebrennan
    Options

Thanks bLouChip - I followed your instructions and it worked.

One other thing I had to do was change the Financial Institution from Citibank to Citi Cards. Maybe others have to do that as well. Good luck to all.

• sjmsing
    sjmsing Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thanks Linda. Using Citi Cards instead of Citibank I was able to link my 2 Citi Credit cards but not my Citi Checking account. Selecting Citibank continues to produce the error while Citi Cards only works for credit cards.

As @RDMQ says you need to delete the existing online connections for your credit cards and the Institution and Account numer on the General Tab within the Edit Account details box.

Linda's write-up provides a direct link to the Citibank Manage Desktop Apps page to start the timer at Citibank to allow you to access external apps. If you are trying to get there from within the Citi site go to Profile - More Settings - Manage Desktop Apps.

Still cannot connect my Citibank checking account. Assistant from Quicken would be much appreciated. Thanks

[Merged Post]

• mgibson4997
    mgibson4997 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

For the past 24 hours I get an error messge CC-502 when attempting to update 2 Citi Card credit cards. Additional info states "Citi Cards website is temporarily unavailable try again in a few hours. I have tried for hours. Also I an able to login the website using the same user names and passwords. Please help.

Thanks Mike

[Merged Post]

• Sobotai7
    Sobotai7 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I have the same issue.

[Merged Post]

• skyflash1
    skyflash1 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Same….

[Merged Post]

• Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

This error has been going on for 72 hours. Quicken told me to call Citi. The Citi tech support worked for 30 minutes with me (29 minutes more than Quicken) and could find nothing on their end. Now Quicken posts a generic message saying their is an increase in this error and we are looking into it.

[Removed - Rant]

[Merged Post]

• michaelrhodes1954
    Options

Tried bLouChip's solution, but alas…no luck.

Well, sorta. The 502 error went away. But I got a 501 error (unknown issue)!!

Ugh!!!

• JohnE
    JohnE Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta
    Options

I also cannot download andy Citi Card Transactions as of now.

• KOBrien12
    Options

Same errors here, same situation as @sjmsing. I can sign into Citicards but that only gives me access to credit cards, I need to sign into citi.com so that I can access my checkings and savings. Sometimes I get the Care Code: FDP-102 error; Details: FI_TIMEOUT Retry. IMJAC login failed. Other times I get QCS_SERVER_ERROR. I've turned 2 factor off, and I've tried going into the Citi website to manage desktop apps and that doesn't work either.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The Citi Cards direct connect financial institution setup solution does resolve this issue for Citi credit cards, but it does not work with other types of bank accounts. Those who have said they were not able to get Citi Cards to work properly might not have taken all the appropriate steps to complete a successful set up. Those who wish to try this might find the detailed step-by-step process spelled out in the following thread to be helpful: Re: Costco Citibank Visa.

Regarding other types of Citi accounts (checking & savings): Unfortunately, there is no DC set up option available. What can be done to download transactions is to use the Web Connect connection method. WC requires you to log into your online Citibank account and manually download and import transactions in the QFX (or "Quicken" or "Web Connect") file format. It is not ideal because it is a manual process but it can be very helpful until this CC-502 error code gets resolved.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, reading all our woes and just tried an OSU.

Wonderful. Like a virus.

Waiting to hear if Direct Connect really does work? I have had Citi CC working for months as EWC.

Data Management on their site shows Quicken active but also not used since March?? I thas worked fine until what, last Friday?

Not enough info to know what is wiorth trying.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

New OSU, back to just Citi cc-502

• Barry Bloom
    Barry Bloom Member ✭✭
    Options

Followed all steps as outlined above (through the CostCo thread link) - now when I try to reactivate my credit card I ge the CC-502 error & it says there is a connection problem

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

cc502 yet again. on and off for years! Unacceptable!

• DavetheGreat
    Options

One of two Citi cards wasn't updating for more than a week before I noticed the issue. Now neither updates. Did all the recommendations. I don't understand how Quicken didn't know about this until 9:00 a.m. today.

It would have saved me a lot of time and aggravation.

• jlz0418
    jlz0418 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant] While a CC-502 indicates this is an error connecting to the bank's servers I highly doubt that. For one, Quicken's own FAQ indicates "If the update is not successful, try again the next business day. If the problem persists for more than a few days, contact Quicken Support for assistance. Your financial institution cannot resolve this issue." So, this would appear to be a problem on Quicken's end connecting to the Banks servers. Secondly, I have a second set of files I maintain for another family member and their Citibank accounts are updating normally when using OSU. [Removed - Rant]

• Andrew Kurtz
    Options

Getting the same with Citi Costco Visa

This discussion has been closed.