Citi - CC-502

Options
DFC
DFC Member

What's the latest with CC-502 and Citi? I'm not able to download any transactions.

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you asking about Citibank Checking, Savings accounts or the Citi Credit Cards?

AFAIK, Citi credit cards should be connected using the "Citi Cards" Financial Institution Name and "Direct Connect" as the download protocol.

Select Citi Cards from the list.

Click Advanced Options to select Direct Connect from the next panel.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The Citi Cards direct connect financial institution setup solution does resolve this issue for Citi credit cards, but it does not work with other types of bank accounts. Those who have said they were not able to get Citi Cards to work properly might not have taken all the appropriate steps to complete a successful set up. Those who wish to try this might find the detailed step-by-step process spelled out in the following thread to be helpful: Re: Costco Citibank Visa.

Regarding other types of Citi accounts (checking & savings): Unfortunately, there is no DC set up option available. What can be done to download transactions is to use the Web Connect connection method. WC requires you to log into your online Citibank account and manually download and import transactions in the QFX (or "Quicken" or "Web Connect") file format. It is not ideal because it is a manual process but it can be very helpful until this CC-502 error code gets resolved.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @DFC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known intermittent issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you asking about Citibank Checking, Savings accounts or the Citi Credit Cards?

AFAIK, Citi credit cards should be connected using the "Citi Cards" Financial Institution Name and "Direct Connect" as the download protocol.

Select Citi Cards from the list.

Click Advanced Options to select Direct Connect from the next panel.

• R Foster
    Options

UKR, I'm having the same issue at DFC. It's for my Costco Citi card. In prior downloads it's just said Citibank as the financial institution. If I need to change it to something else like Citi Cards (or more specifically in your example, Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi) then I need instruction as to how to make that change. Any assistance with that would be appreciated!!

• jbsanchez194
    Options

I've been having this problem for MONTHS! it's crazy because it never was a problem for years and Quicken continues to say they don't know when it will get fixed. I have activated and deactivated my account several times in hopes that something would correct it. When I go to re-activate it, I don't get the screen UKR shows. Perhaps it is because I am not trying to set up a new account, but rather trying to activate online downloads for an existing account. So frustrating.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is for the US only, for Citi - issued credit cards, the US Costco card among them.

You need to deactivate your existing Citi credit card account register(s) first.
    Next pretend to add a new account (Tools / Add Account), select Citi Cards as shown and click Advanced Options. Select Direct Connect. Use your existing Citibank userID and password.
    When you get to the list of accounts found at the bank click the Add / Link button for each account on the list and choose LINK. From a mini-popup select the correct already existing account register.

• Ladyjeepster82
    Options

Hope this is helpful - I found I had to do an additional step: When you go to complete this, you will get a screen in Quicken with a message in it to visit a secure (https) URL on the citi website. It will give you three options to choose from. Leave the "try again" option checked. Go to your web browser and Type in the URL. It will ask you to log in with your credentials. Once you do that, complete the instructions, then return to quicken and hit next. You should be able to complete the process and transactions will download. This step was a little confusing since I was not expecting it so thought I would add this.

Also, it would only download my last six days of transactions. Does anyone know how to get at least the last month to download?

• Ladyjeepster82
    Options

Oh and thank you so much @UKR for these instructions!!

• Ladyjeepster82
    Options

More info! To download prior transactions, you can go to the Citi website, login and choose the download icon in the transactions section of your account overview:

Choose to download as a quicken file. It will download the entire statement of transactions. If it downloads duplicates, you can delete the transactions that you already have in your register in quicken before accepting them into your register.

• R Foster
    Options

Thanks, UKR. I can try that, but a question first. Will I lose all the data (meaning the detailed categories I entered, especially in Split, on most transactions) if I deactivate the current account? I have info dating back to 2021 thru June 2023 already entered. Will the current detail remain in the deactivated account and the new account will just start where the other one left off?. If this deactivation is going to make me start from scratch and recategorize everything, then I guess I'll just have to live with it if it's my only option. Really appreciate your help!!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No. "Deactivating" is not equal to "deleting (an account together with all its transactions)".
    Deactivating an account only means that you are unplugging the account register from the transaction download process. All transactions currently in your register remain untouched.

When you use the Tools / Add Account process, in this case, you only pretend to add new accounts. During the connection process you will be able to LINK your existing account registers to the accounts found at the bank. Downloading should continue where you left off.

• Pog Mo Thoin
    Options

Quicken has been telling me they are working on this for over 30 days.

• Qunbee
    Qunbee Member ✭✭
    Options

Just another in a long string of errors associated with Quicken updates.

This is the error message I have after several attempts disconnecting and reconnecting 2 of 3 accounts at Citi:

HTTP-200 Error from Citi Cards

Might be a Citi error but who can say? Why would 2 of 3 account fail to connect?

• chdeloach
    chdeloach Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm trying to update my Citi card account and the vault says 'Password not required," but I keep getting the Error Code CC502. I use Quicken Deluxe version R52.20, Build 27.1.52.20, Windows 11. Other accounts were able to update except for bank which reported the same error code.

• kwallyz
    kwallyz Member ✭✭
    Options

I was having the same issue for over a month. I sort of followed UKRs suggestion and deactivated and then reactivated the online connection and now it works - my data downloaded for the last 44 days.

• Paul V
    Paul V Member ✭✭
    Options

Things seemed to have moved backwards. The most recent advice was to disable two factor authentication on the Citicard website. I checked and I did not have it enabled. It used to be that I would get the CC-502 error and if I retried it would usually work. If not, I could go to the settings on the register window and do an "Update now" from there and it would work. Now nothing works. Perhaps it will work again tomorrow.

I just don't get what the problem is that has this failure mode for 10 months. Is it that the Citi side will not focus on it? Surely a snapshot of the dialog between Quicken and Citicards would show what the error is. Intermittent? Then perhaps some kind of race condition between the two sides. Adding a pause somewhere might be the ticket. Get help to have a new look. If it is the bank side dragging its feet, let is users know and we can apply pressure with a letter to the CEO. Let's get on with it.

• sjmsing
    sjmsing Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Unable to download transactions for the past 3 days.

I see this has been an ongoing issue since 2022??

Do you have an updated ETA on a resolution timeframe?

This work around I found here does not work for me:

Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    September 13
    UPDATE 9/13/23

We have a temporary workaround if you are receiving this error.

1. Go to the Citi Bank Website.
    2. Remove option "Enable 2 Step Authentication"
    3. Attempt to add and link accounts again in Quicken
    4. On the Citi Bank website, Go to More settings and select "Add Access".

Please try these steps to see if this helps resolve the error. Thank you.

[Merged Post]

• T106
    T106 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am getting an error when I try to download my Citi Card transactions; error CC-502. I got this all day yesterday and I'm still receiving this error this morning. Surely a bank as large as Citi would not let an error (on their part) continue this long. Does anyone have any suggestions how to address this error? I have Quicken Deluxe.

• user17881
    user17881 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

This did not work. When I went to the Citi Bank Website and tried to remove option "Enable 2 Step Authentication" (BTW, it would have been helpful if you had provided information on where on the website you can do this), I did NOT have 2 Step Authentication enabled.

[Merged Post]

• Linda Moran
    Linda Moran Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I solved it for myself this morning. Hopefully this will work for others. It wasn't straightforward, and took a lot of experimenting and research. So I've written it up in my puny little technical blog which I mostly use for myself. I try to do giveback to this support group when I can.! Here's the link: https://computerish1.blogspot.com/2023/09/quicken-cc502-on-citi-cards.html

[Merged Post]

• RDMQ
    RDMQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

This worked great except I had to deactivate my existing online access on my Citi accounts in order from them to appear in the "Link to Existing…" dropdown list. After doing that, I linked them to my original account and it worked. Thank you!

[Merged Post]

• crwalejr
    crwalejr Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same here.

• Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I tried following suggestion above and deactivated Citi. When I tried to add a new Citi account, I was unable to log in due to a "Oops. There is a connection problem" CC-502 error. This is not an internet connection issue since I am posting this comment and able to do a One Step update minus Citi, and it is not a password issue, since I logged into Citi's website using the same user ID and password I entered in Quicken. I guess I'll wait to see if there is an actual solution offered by Quicken at some point.

• Ajoy Mallik
    Ajoy Mallik Member ✭✭✭
    Options

i am having this too and on Citiank as well since Sunday early AM

• Dave H
    Dave H Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having this problem also

• Reid
    Reid Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem since Sunday

• famarr
    famarr Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried following suggestion above and deactivated Citi. When I tried to add a new Citi account, I was unable to log in due to a "Oops. There is a connection problem" CC-502 error. This is not an internet connection issue since I am posting this comment and able to do a One Step update minus Citi, and it is not a password issue, since I logged into Citi's website using the same user ID and password I entered in Quicken. I guess I'll wait to see if there is an actual solution offered by Quicken at some point.

YES»»

I have the same problem and waiting???????

• DanZ
    DanZ Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also getting CC-502 error for both of my CCs from Citibank since Sunday AM.

• Ppresident
    Ppresident Member ✭✭
    Options

I continue to get the CC-502 error with my citi card. This is beyond frustrating as it seems to happen periodically. Anyone else dealing with this now? Is it an issue that is being addressed?

• fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same problems and scenario as Paul V described.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's an Alert on this matter here:

The most recent post to this Alert has a purported work-around.

This discussion has been closed.