Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It seems that Elan might be having some technical issue(s) and/or is doing system maintenance today. It is not uncommon for financial institutions to schedule system maintenance on weekends.

See this Support Article regarding CC-502 error codes: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502 .

Also, click on the following link to see a thread with additional information regarding today's CC-502 issue. That thread also has information about how to manually download & import transactions via the WC method for anyone who wishes to not wait for the CC-502 issue to be resolved.: Fidelity Rewards Visa (Elan) - "Quicken cannot connect to this account" error.

Hopefully this CC-502 issue that started today will be resolved not later than Monday morning (or preferably sooner).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• HMJ
    HMJ Member
    Options

Hi All,

I'm on R52.20 Build 27.1.52.20 and having the same problem. I spoke with Elan Financial Services after getting the CC-502 error starting this morning. I got bounced around four times at Elan only to be transferred to a department with poor telephone audio quality. They mentioned the site was under maintenance and it wouldn't be resolved until the end of the year. Not believing my ears, I looked elsewhere for a solution. As much as I don't like to manually download the transactions and import them, I found this is better than manually entering them. When at Elan, be sure to narrow your date range, download the .QFX, and then import. Looking forward to Quicken's fix so we don't have to do that any more.

• sonomaron
    sonomaron Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same cc-502 issue starting this morning. Was able to download yesterday morning. Logged into my Elan/Fidelity/Card Member Service account and downloaded transactions manually.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Yes, it started for me today, as well.

I'm glad you were able to manually download and import your transactions. I was able to do that, too.

• Qckn User
    Qckn User Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@jfclague I had to use a different id from Fidelity when setting up Elan per Elan support. That was years ago though.

Deluxe R49.33, Windows 10 Pro

• rscalzo
    rscalzo Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here.

• rscalzo
    rscalzo Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Started today for my Elan CC.

I did notice that their website changed dramaticall over the last day or so.

• Susan Brasel
    Options

Getting the same message. Elan is making changes to its website, so I do not know if that has anything to do with not being able to access. I sent them a message saying that Quicken will no longer connect to the accounts. I suggest everyone should go to Elan Financial website and send messages.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I and several other people have this issue. You can see all the other posts with the same issue today.

• Ken Weissberg
    Ken Weissberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem as everyone else. Hopefully they will fix it soon

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Problem still occurring Sept 24th at 05:54 MST.

B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • MaazMansori
    MaazMansori Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here. I have a BMW Mastercard through Elan Financial Services. It worked fine for the past several months but yesterday and today I'm receiving the CC-502 error. All other accounts update fine.

• HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

This account has been working fine until 2 days ago. Now when I run OSU or "Update Now" I'm receiving a CC-502. This is my primary credit card and I've never had issues.

In addition, I also received a CC-502 for my Discover Card but when I ran an "Update Now" it resolved.

[Merged Post]

• William Smith Jr
    William Smith Jr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm on Quicken for Mac and getting a slightly different error with Elan for the last couple days as well. Net result is same as others here but will hold out a little longer and hope the issues get all sorted out

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-102

Details:
    FI_TIMEOUT
    Retry. Layout has been changed.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

QMac error codes are different from QWin. In this particular case, the issue with Elan affects everyone regardless of whether QMac or QWin. There is a QMac thread regarding connection issues with Elan that you might want to review at Re: Fidelity Rewards Visa (Elan) - "Quicken cannot connect to this account" error.

Hopefully, Elan's server issues/maintenance will be resolved by tomorrow morning. If not, as noted above in this thread and in the QMac thread I just referenced, one can use Web Connect to manually download and import transactions into Quicken. WC worked well for me and others both yesterday and today. It's not an ideal connection method but it is better manually entering all transactions.

• charlieb2
    charlieb2 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I've got the same problem - anybody know what to do about this? Help!! [Edited - Readability]

[Merged Post]

• Jeepien
    Jeepien Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, just noticed this today, Sun Sep 23'23, updated okay on Friday as I recall. Haven't reset or anything as yet. This will be a MAJOR PROBLEM, as most of my transactions go through these two Fidelity cards at some point. No reply from Quicken yet??

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I have had the same issue since 9/23 also. my last update (and have never had problems updating ) is listed as 9/22

hope this is temporary. see others have the same issue

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes . same here. Last update was 9/22 and have never had trouble. error 502 makes it sound like it is on the end of the bank and their server. I also hope this is temporary. could not update today, 9/25

• HLee
    HLee Member
    Options
    1. One Step Update through Elan has been working for me for several years until Fri 9/22/23. I have been getting the CC-502 error. I also thought it was a server maintenance issue. But still unable to download on Mon 9/25/23 07:15am (USA Eastern).
    2. Logging into the website (https://www.fidelityrewards.com), I am seeing that the Fidelity CC website is now requiring 2FA each time I log in. There is not an option to "Remember this Computer". I wonder if that's what is causing the CC-502 error?
    3. Until they resolve this, I will manually download transactions from the website.

(Premier 52.20 on Win 11 Enterprise)

• George L
    George L Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I've been having this problem for several weeks now! Never had a problem before. What changed?

[Merged Post]

• Dennis Mc
    Dennis Mc Member ✭✭
    Options

Since Friday I've been getting CC-502 errors when attempting to DL transactions from my F&M Bank of S. CA account. Signing out/into Quicken has not helped and all other accounts, like Chase and USAA, are OK.

Is anyone else having problems with Elan Financial Services?

Dennis

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same for me. As mentioned by another the website states the website is being updated "to give you a better experience".

• quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue. Is there a date for a fix?

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

When u click contact Quicken it takes u to an online post that they are aware and a fix may come in a quicken update.

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

go to quicken.com click support. There is a header for fidelity rewards. A statement by their fix

• Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same support article that was linked above on 9/23 that hasn't been updated since 9/16 that says - yes we have a problem and we have no information on when it will be fixed…🤣

• dvmdoc
    dvmdoc Member ✭✭
    Options

So was getting the CC-502 error then see my note earlier in this thread from 9/5/23 where I said it appears to be working now (which it was, for a couple weeks), is now failing again with the same error....<sigh>…..

• pjjameso
    pjjameso Member ✭✭
    Options

Hasnt worked for the last week for me…

This discussion has been closed.