Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• rscalzo
    rscalzo Member ✭✭
    Options

The Elan site totally changed the look of their website. I'm guessing this is the issue. Why Quicken cqn't get a fix in place is beyond be. I stopped upgrading after 2017 and recently gave in. Seems they aren't any betten than six years ago.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It seems to me that this is a different problem that is much wider in scope than just this Elan site. Same/similar error code but a different issue. Well, I hope we'll find out more and that this latest issue is resolved soon.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Dave Qkn
    Dave Qkn Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have an issue going via Fidelity. Just tried options above. Was able to sign into Elan site with same UN and Pwd… Getting CC-502 in Quicken.

• Union Mike
    Options

Hasn't worked for several days. Contacted Elan but they have no idea referred me to Quicken.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited September 2023
    Options

The only download method that has been confirmed by many other that at this time consistently works is Web Connect: Download from the online account (makes no difference if you do this with the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card or Elan Financial Services websites) in "Quicken" (or QFX or "Web Connect") format. Then open/import that file with Quicken and match it to your current account in Quicken.

I've been using this Web Connect download method since Monday and it is working very well at keeping my Fidelity credit card account in Quicken current.

Two other posts I've seen say that they were able to download transactions using Quicken on the Web. But I don't use Quicken on the Web so I have not been able to confirm this myself.

• RobbHyland
    RobbHyland Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@dawg355, I received the same email today and had the same thoughts. Where's the status updates?

[Merged Post]

• Road2FIRE
    Road2FIRE Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm experiencing the same issue w/ my Fidelity credit card like everyone else. Frustrating. Hoping they fix it soon.

• mcgumic
    mcgumic Member
    Options

If it's any help, I am able to download transactions from Elan using Quicken On the Web but still not working on GWIN. Weird!

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Is anyone else able to download using Quicken on the Web or Quicken Mobile?

• jstevensr
    jstevensr Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I was just now able to login to Elan's login site (with its new login page) on a Windows PC using the Google Chrome browser and download the missing recent transactions by linking the download to my existing account in Quicken (I only ran into this issue after 9/20/2023).😀

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Do Quicken support [Removed - Sarcasm] access metrics on what 1-step-update accounts are failing across all their users or do they depend on all of us submitting problem reports? I spent a lot of time helping them to track down their months of problems with Discover bank downloads not happening. It still took months. And now after a calm month, Elan connectivity seems to be tanked. Just curious whether we all need to [Removed - Disruptive] point out their bugs or can we depend on them noticing the errors.

• saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Started to get CC-502 when trying to download data from Fidelity investment accounts.

Fidelity does not have 2 Step Authentication. Fidelity does not have an export to Quicken structured data. It only supports export to Excel.

How can I get data from Fidelity investment accounts?

• George Thompson III
    Options

Having the same issue. Just got the card and want to add to Quicken Windows. Is there a way to export from the Fidelity Rewards site and then import into Quicken?

• JALunceford
    JALunceford Member ✭✭
    Options

Started for me last week.

• jstevensr
    jstevensr Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes there is. Login to Elan and click on download transactions and select the date window. Once downloaded on a Windows PC, clicking on the downloaded file called "download.qfx", then either (in your case) create a new account, or link to your existing account. It is very easy.

• vnolin11
    Options

I use Quicken and Mint. Quicken was unable to download after 9/22. Mint had no such problems.

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same CC-502 problem with Fidelity Rewards Visa - Elan Financial happening here. Windows user.

• BuddyFriendBuddy
    Options

My downloads have not worked again for 10 days. As a workaround I decided to manually import to the Fidelity account using Account Details—>Online Services—>Download and Import Transactions. I downloaded the Quicken format data and Quicken proceeded to create a brand new credit card account and put all of the transactions into that incorrect account. To get it to work, I had to right click on the downloaded file and specify the proper credit card account.

Come on Quicken, get this fixed!!! Enough with the "Quicken Classic" rebranding e-mails; please devote some attention to this broken download.

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I took a former suggestion to reset account for Fid.Rewards Visa/Elan financial services and now I do not get an error code, have no automatic download on account list, and when trying to reset with ID and password get a page that comes up "this is not your fault", try again later or enter transactions manually.

I have no trouble accessing the account online through the website. Truly feel after seeing a comment here that other third party downloads are successful that it is an Indication it is a Quicken server problem. When will this be up and running.

very frustrating

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried OSU this morning. Now getting CC-505 error for Elan credit card account.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Dennis Mc
    Dennis Mc Member ✭✭
    Options

Empower (formerly Personal Capital) has no problems DL'ing from Elan Financial Services. The problem is with Quicken's Cloud.

• jc828
    jc828 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the Fidelity rewards card and connect via Elan Financial Services. I also have been receiving an error for the last several days, but it's a CC-505 error, not CC-502.

• hoomans
    hoomans Member ✭✭
    Options

Fidelity Visa Transaction Downloads from Elan Financial Services Not Working. I am getting- Error CC-505 now and was getting Error CC-502 before. This has been happening over the last few days. Any solutions yet? Thanks.

• Richard Smith
    Options

I'm also getting the CC-505 this morning (rather than the CC-502). OSU claims to sequentially go through "Updating Account", and then "Processing Data", and then "Downloading Transactions", and then the CC-505 pop-up error message. No transactions were actually downloaded although the Elan and Fidelity websites show 2 transactions that would be eligible for download.

• msn2022
    msn2022 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Quicken and Elan Financial Services need to talk to each other and fix the issue.

*** It is imperative that they fix this soon as both will lose customers *** [Edited - Readability]

• ronaldllenz
    ronaldllenz Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Windows user since 1995. Elan downloads have worked very well since 2009. Now they are failing for CC-502 for several days. Tried via deactivate/setup (from account edit) and via 'add account' using either Elan Financial or Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. Fails in all cases. Even tried File Copy a few days ago (which breaks ALL financial institution connections; rebuilt connections to all accounts) and I did get a connection to work to Elan (but took 20 minutes of 'spinning' icon). Then for several days now it keeps failing. Any updates?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Per Quicken Support:

• CC-502: "This error is caused by maintenance on the bank's servers that Quicken uses to download transactions."
    • CC-505: "Quicken is unable to update your account. This may be due to a temporary server issue or a communication error."

The error code might have changed but they are both saying that there is an issue communicating with the financial institution because of maintenance or some other financial institution server issue.

Rather than wait for this issue to be fixed (who knows when Elan will get that done) I have been manually downloading and importing transactions in a "Quicken" formatted file from Elan. Works great.

• sharpo367
    sharpo367 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem since 9/22

• anh6870
    anh6870 Member ✭✭
    Options

Trying to update Fidelity Visa rewards card now for 3 days. Keep getting CC-502 error. Tried to do "Reset Account" and that has failed.

• J C H
    J C H Member
    Options

Same issue (Elan/Fidelity Rewards). Getting CC-502 since 9/22, this morning (9/26) the error code is now CC-501, but no way to download transactions. I can log in to the account manually with no issue. QUICKEN SUPPORT——PLEASE GET THIS FIXED!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.