CC-506 Flagstar Mortgage

DanZindler
DanZindler Member ✭✭

Anyone else having issues downloading transactions from Flagstar today with CC506 error?

Comments

• DaveHansen0516
    DaveHansen0516 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

yes me too. I get the account mismatch error for the last several days. of course I can log in via the web just fine

• DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭

thanks for confirming I won’t waste my time trying to fix it now.

• DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭

I went ahead this morning and followed the CC-506 troubleshooting instructions to re add the account however Quicken returned the "could not add, it's not your fault" error, same issue as we had in July.

• DaveHansen0516
    DaveHansen0516 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

so did that work for you?

• DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭

no it did not work. Quicken will not connect to Flagstar to even find the account. Same issue we’ve had reportedly.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @DanZindler and @DaveHansen0516,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps should resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

It sounds like you already followed some of the steps in this article; can you confirm that you did all of the steps below?  If not, please give it another shot and let us know the results.

First, backup your Quicken file.

Instructions

Update to the latest release of Quicken

1. Choose Tools menu > One Step Update.
    2. Deselect all items, and then click Update Now.
    3. If an update is available, follow the on-screen prompts to update to the latest release.
    4. Try updating your accounts again. If the problem persists, continue with the procedures below.

Refresh your account information

1. From your account register, select the Actions gear icon at the very top of your register (Ctrl + Shift + N).
    2. Then select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. If the problem persists, continue with the procedures below.

Deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts:

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A);
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List;
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab;
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List;
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken;
    7. Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the Account Bar on your main view;
    8. Walk through this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented, UNTIL you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution;
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

If the account was closed, deactivate it from future online updates

1. Choose Tools menu > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to deactivate.
    3. In the Account Details dialog, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate to stop downloading transactions for this account.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023

As I stated in my second post, I’ve already done that. [Removed - Disruptive]

• Quicken Jasmine

Hi @DanZindler,

Please be informed that I am a real person and thank you for confirming you have already followed those instructions.

Due to the steps located in the Support Article not assisting you in reaching a resolution, we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭

Thank you

• Quicken Jasmine

Have a wonderful day!

Please come back and update how your Support Interaction goes so that way other users may find this thread and use it as direction for the issues that they may experience.

-Quicken Jasmine

• hamryebri
    hamryebri Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I am having the same problem and have tried all these steps. I have two step authorizations; the pop up asks how to receive OTP code. I select the option and receive text from Flagstar with code. Enter the code and get "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.) What is the next suggested fix?

• hamryebri
    hamryebri Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I have logged into Flagstar to check my login credentials without a problem.

• DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭

I have the exact same issue, and when I deactivated the account and tried to reactivate it Quicken responded with unable to connect to the financial institution. When this happened in July I did all the troubleshooting with support to no avail. Turns out the issue was with Quicken and Flagstar communicating. I am going to sit this out and wait until the higher ups resolve this. I have used Quicken for over 20 years.

• DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023

Jasmine thank you for your concern. I am going to sit this out. In July when this very same issue occurred I spent over an hour and no solution with a representative and at her direction ended up deleting all of my data and had to do a recovery from a previous backup. It was very time consuming and in the end she said it was a Quicken/bank issue. The problem was finally solved about 2 weeks later I (and everyone else it seems) have been able to download transactions again until recently. In the mean time I will enter manually. Thanks again.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

This is now considered a known issue and has been escalated internally. While we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time, our teams are working to resolve this. In the meantime, we advise referring to and bookmarking this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

@DanZindler You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• The Real Kris
    The Real Kris Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I was told by customer service at Flagstar just now that this isn't going to be fixed because these programs don't support the authentication they require. WHich sucks and is not true because it use to work and they did something.

• DanZindler
    DanZindler Member ✭✭

It seems to be fixed. was able to re add my account and download transactions.

• Nathen
    Nathen Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

working now for me, also

• JP
    JP Member ✭✭✭

As of 10/11 or 10/12 I am able to connect to Flagstar Bank Mortgage account.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.