Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) (QMAC)

Options

Answers

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Strange – both my wife and I have Fidelity accounts with Elan. This morning, her account updated, but mine didn't. Both have Quicken Connect as the Connection Type.

• Tom Schaefer
    Tom Schaefer Member ✭✭
    Options

I called Fidelity Elan Credit card phone number on the back of the card. They say it is as quicken problem. I said I would have to stop using the credit card until it is resolved. Easier said than done with all the auto pay I have with this card. But I will stop using it for my discretionary spending.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @dbakkum,

You can access the alert using this link where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

That number you called is for Customer Service which generally has no involvement with anything other than helping people deal with business issues. Customer Service people at almost all financial institutions will, when pushed to provide an answer on something they have no knowledge of or expertise with, is to point the finger elsewhere.

One needs to talk with their Technical Services Dept on issues like this. In a separate QWin thread there are several people who have had discussions and message exchanges with their Technical Services Dept (myself included) and all have said that Elan told them they are experiencing technical/server issues that is causing this download problem….which correlates well with my 9/23 post above.

As a ray of hope, one person posted the following this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed.:

If you do not wish to wait for this issue to be resolved and don't want to manually enter every transaction: You might want to consider downloading/importing from Elan via the Web Connect method. See my earlier 9/7 post in this this thread. It works really well.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• KDXKidd
    KDXKidd Member
    Options

Okay, looks like the ELAN/Fidelity link is working as of 10/5/23 8:00am EDT.

But is only downloaded the last two days of transactions. Any gaps will need to be manually downloaded.

• lcindallas
    lcindallas Member ✭✭
    Options

Finally they resolved the issue. I did the following:

1. Made sure Quicken was up to date.
    2. Reset the connection to use "Elan Financial Services"
    3. I still got the above error. But then waited 15 minutes and retried and it worked.
    4. I had been downloading manually (via .qfx file) so it picked up the last couple of days…

This was so frustrating due to lack of communication from either company.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This morning, just for grins, I tried to connect to the old Financial Institution: Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. IT WORKED! I'm now back connect to my Fidelity Rewards Visa card.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Cruz
    Cruz Member ✭✭
    Options

Good to hear that. Mine still doesn't work at both Elan or Fidelity Rewards unfortunately.

• dougcurrie
    dougcurrie Member ✭✭
    Options

It worked for me today after a hiccup. First a Quicken popup pointed to the Ongoing Alert

Then I got a dialog to enter a 2FA code sent as a text message from Elan. I entered this, but then got a timeout error message.

Then I tried updating the account again, and it worked! Fingers crossed that it will continue to do so.

• ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Elan's using 2 step verification now.

• ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

after entering code it downloaded on the second try without code.

• mtyler1115
    mtyler1115 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had issues downloading transactions for my Fidelity Rewards Card for several weeks. I disabled online connections previously and tried to reset it, but the connection would not work. It has been a week or so since I last tried until today. Today, I was able to set up online access and download transactions. I connected to Fidelity Rewards. In the chain here, there are references to connecting to Elan Financial services which may also be working, but I did not attempt that, so I don't know.

• trsands
    trsands Member ✭✭
    Options

I am finally receiving transaction downloads for my Fidelity Visa card using "Elan Financial Services' as the bank. It did require Two Factor Authentication (2FA), but the code came into Quicken for Mac as it is supposed to, making the download process very easy. I haven't tested it to see if the 2FA will be required once a day going forward, but I am satisfied with the way that it is working now. Thank you to all of the members who supported this thread since the beginning and offering so many suggestions.

• 9Scoops
    9Scoops Member ✭✭
    Options

I also just tried mine and it worked using the Elan website and 2FA. Hope this sticks!

• drinian
    drinian Member ✭✭
    Options

Today I did the manual download at the Elan site for my Fidelity Visa cards. After the download Quicken asked me if I wanted to activate downloads. I replied yes and after Elan sent me a code to my cell phone the usual downloads began again. Seems like this may be fixed.

• ragush
    ragush Member ✭✭
    Options

After reading posts that folks had successfully connected, I too was successful. I clicked on settings within the Fidelity Rewards register, clicked on downloads, and clicked on Update Login. (I am using Elan Financial Services as the financial institution.) I entered my password, and I received a text message with a code. Clicked on the code message that popped up in Quicken, and I successfully connected. The orange dot is gone!

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I assume they're still only doing EWC and not Direct Connect?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• mjwood220
    mjwood220 Member
    Options

Frustrating - yes. However, I can confirm that the workaround will keep you working until this is resolved.

1. Go to Elan's activity page (I save this in Quicken in the Account Details tab under Activity Page, so it is one-click):

https://www.myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/login

1. Login using your Elan account info.
    2. Select Download Transactions.
    3. It defaults to Quicken format. Enter your date range. I do the time period after my last transaction and yesterday. Then Download.
    4. Open the file from your download location while Quicken is open and it will import it right into Quicken.
    5. Select the existing account you want it to go into, and you're done.

Not perfect, but not as much work as it sounds like. They are obviously aware of the problem, so do this until it is resolved.

• JoeQkn
    JoeQkn Member ✭✭
    Options

A promising sign…..

This morning, 10/5/2023, after I started to update my accounts in Quicken, I received a 6-digit verification code from ELAN / Fidelity Rewards Cardmember Services via text message.

In Quicken a dialog box was presented (automatically during the update process). I entered the verification code, and Quicken downloaded all transactions since this problem started. My Quicken register is in sync with the info on the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card site.

I then closed the Quicken application. I restarted Quicken and ran through the full update process again.

On the subsequent update, I WAS NOT prompted by Quicken to enter a verification code, and my Fidelity Rewards card updated correctly without any other intervention.

Hopefully, this issue is fixed.

Unfortunately, I am left wondering why we are learning from Quicken user (me) about this issue (apparently) being fixed, and not via a proactive update from Quicken Support. A ack of communication between Elan and Quicken, or Quicken and its user base???

If others are seeing that these updates are now working for them, please let this group know.

• Chris16
    Chris16 Member ✭✭
    Options

10/5/23 - partial connection (verification code sent).

10/6/23 - full, correct connection. Non-functional for about 2 weeks.

Looks like it's finally fixed for me.

• Johnny_
    Johnny_ Member ✭✭
    Options

My transactions flowed through this afternoon after a security code text was entered. Maybe it's fixed?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

If you scroll back to early yesterday morning you will see a lot of users stating that the issue was resolved for them yesterday. It was for me and it worked well for me, again, today. I think it is very safe to say "it's fixed".

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@JoeQkn said:

Unfortunately, I am left wondering why we are learning from Quicken user (me) about this issue (apparently) being fixed, and not via a proactive update from Quicken Support. A ack of communication between Elan and Quicken, or Quicken and its user base???

This is what normally happens. I don't know what the exact reason is for this but I suspect the biggest cause is the line of communication from the Financial Institution to Community is simply too long. For example, regarding this Elan issue, the communication line might look like this: Elan > Intuit > Quicken Engineering/Quality > Quicken Moderators > Quicken Community. There are lots of areas in this communication line for communication delays to occur. In contrast to that, users will get the insight on the issue resolution as soon as Elan flips on the switch for it and the user runs OSU.

In other cases I think it's possible that the Quicken team wants to get feedback from users that an issue actually is resolved before they make a general announcement about it. I think most of us have seen instances where Quicken announces an issue is resolved only for the users to find out that it really is not.

I'm sure there could be other reasons for the lag between users observations and Quicken announcement, many of which we will never find out about.

This is one reason why I use Community. It is a really good forum to get status updates on things quickly.

• John F Hutton
    John F Hutton Member ✭✭
    Options

Yea! (I think). Seeing some people having some luck, I tried to re-add my Elan accounts. Quicken actually pinged me for the 2 Factor authentication code, I put it in, and we are now downloading. Looks like it did find my quicken accounts and re-linked to the bank. I seem to have no gap in my transactions (going back to 9/18).

I'm still a little disappointed, however, as the main support site still has this:

which was last updated 9/16. :-( Seems like having this fixed would be a big deal and someone official would have said something.

• Gary Virshup
    Gary Virshup Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Fidelity/Elan is texting me a Authentication code to reauthorize the connection to Quicken BUT Fidelity isn't able to send me texts!! argghh.

RoadBiker

• trsands
    trsands Member ✭✭
    Options

Are you saying that the Authentication Code isn't automatically showing up in a box right below the field where you need to enter the code in Quicken for Mac? It looks like this has been working for everyone else posting to this discussion including me. I understand the frustration. A few months back I had the exact same problem with my Credit Union and Quicken for Mac. I hope that this starting working very soon.

• Gary Virshup
    Gary Virshup Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I called Fidelity and they are having a issue sending texts to some customers. I am one of the unlucky customers.

RoadBiker

• Lamp Lighter
    Lamp Lighter Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Elan Financial downloads for me as of today 10/6/23. I received no notice. I simply tried it tonight as I always do, and it allowed me to set up the account in Quicken again.

• Boog
    Boog Member ✭✭
    Options

Working today for me. I reconnected my Fidelity Rewards VISA using the Fidelity Rewards connection (not Elan) and it successfully reconnected the account and downloaded transactions and reconciled appropriately. Hope it stays fixed!

• Boog
    Boog Member ✭✭
    Options

Working today for me. I reconnected my Fidelity Rewards VISA using the Fidelity Rewards connection (not Elan) and it successfully reconnected the account and downloaded transactions and reconciled appropriately. Hope it stays fixed!

This discussion has been closed.