Unable to download transactions from Novo (Middlesex Federal Savings)

mpeacock
mpeacock Member ✭✭

Starting yesterday, I've been receiving errors when trying to download transactions from Novo. This morning, I received an MFA text from them when trying to download. I then tried to reset the account, but that too errored in Quicken and generated yet another MFA text.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited September 2023

Hello @mpeacock,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the popup box that you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• I am having the same issue.

• Like the comment above, suddenly my transaction download from Novo stopped after working consistently for over a year. I kept getting MFA texts to my phone each time I tried (and failed) to download transactions. I disabled Quicken download from Novo, just like the user above did, and now I'm getting the attached error when I try to reenable direct connect to Novo within Quicken. I am using Quicken Classic Deluxe annual subscription.

• mpeacock
    mpeacock Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023

I'm receiving the same error box as @MSPMatt

Also, I did send all my logs through the Report Problem functionality and am running the current version of Quicken Classic.

• Same issue here. I keep getting a MFA text from Novo when trying to download. I have never needed to use a MFA code to download Novo transactions into Quicken before. No window pops up in Quicken for entry of the MFA for Novo either. I kept my connection in tact hoping this will be corrected.

• Thank you for your replies,

If the issue has been persisting for longer than one business day, then I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken support: Your response is disappointing. This many instances prove that this is a systemic issue between Quicken and Novo, not solvable through “troubleshooting” with each of us individually. What is Quicken doing to proactively reach out to Novo Bank to do system testing with them relating to your transaction download feature?

• sh0rtchica
    sh0rtchica Member ✭✭

I'm having the same issue too - started this week. Clearly it's not something that we can troubleshoot on a one-on-one basis if many people are experiencing this.

• Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• joy r
    joy r Member ✭✭

I'm having this issue as well, though it's been working consistently before this. Please address this as soon as possible!

• I am having the same problem. It stopped working in late September.

Resetting didn't help. I tried deactivating online and re-activating, still get an error.

What can I do to help speed the fix/resolution?

• mpeacock
    mpeacock Member ✭✭

Just got a response from Novo -

"I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting Quicken to your Novo account and we appreciate you flagging this issue to us. Our team is aware that some customers are having issues with connecting their Quickbooks account and are investigating the cause of this outage."

So no resolution from either Quicken or Novo, but hoping that they're now working together on this.

• mpeacock
    mpeacock Member ✭✭

I spent at least 30 minutes on a chat session with Quicken Support yesterday, following up on @Quicken Kristina's suggestion. They created a ticket (10502156), but then closed it and asked me to raise the issue with Novo. I created a support ticket through the Novo web site but have not heard anything from them yet.

So, the current status (as I understand it), is that Quicken is not actively working this issue and instead is waiting for my Novo ticket to result in some resolution. I was pretty clear with the Quicken chat agent that, as a former CIO who, in the past, had customer service responsibilities for software products, I thought being put in the middle of a Quicken-Novo connectivity issue was very poor customer service. Needless to say, my responses to Quicken's post-ticket customer sat questionnaire wasn't very positive.

• sh0rtchica
    sh0rtchica Member ✭✭

I spent 90 minutes on with Quicken support last week and now have a ticket number as well, but nothing else. I can try and raise this with Novo too - I think something may have changed on their end, as my connection to Novo with another software provider is also not working anymore.

• mpeacock
    mpeacock Member ✭✭

Received this update from Novo about 90 minutes ago -

"Great news! Our team has just confirmed that the connection issue with Quickbooks has been resolved. You should now be able to log in to Novo via Quickbooks and sync transactions.

I want to sincerely apologize again for the inconvenience this caused you and are grateful for your patience. Do let us know if you need any further assistance."

I then went into Quicken and was able to re-activate my Novo account and download transactions. The download was a little wonky — transactions from last year were coming thru with 2023 dates — so I'll keep my eye on it going forward. But at least the connection is reestablished.

• Still not working for me and Novo support was useless and a joke.

• So I got mine to work by:

1. De-activated services
    2. Deleted the 'banking institution name' in the account details
    3. Re-activate online servicing and manually selecting Novo
    4. Suddenly it works now

• eddiekona
    eddiekona Member ✭✭

Thanks for posting this. Just did the same and my Novo accounts are back online in QMAC

This discussion has been closed.