R52.xx - Enter Valid Date after download transactions [Edit33]

Options

Answers

• Dogfart
    Dogfart Member
    Options

October 17, 2023 and still having the issue. No worries though… a minor inconvenience. R52.33 and counting…

• BBG
    BBG Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

They claimed it will be fixed in R53?

+1 that R52.33 and this annoying error is ongoing. No worries about the spurious error but it suggests something about competency - be it communication, QA testing, programming, whatever. From Community history this is not the first time of 'enter a valid date' errors.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure what your concern about competency is. The Moderator said a fix is expected in one of the R53.XX versions but you are comparing it to the just released R52.33? R53.XX has not yet occurred.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• BBG
    BBG Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

FWIW a question mark is meant suggest 'I think' not 'I know' because their responses are all over the community…and there are many posts about this in parallel. Some have been merged others seemingly not.

I have 40+ years in IT from core development to senior management - not relevant excepting for my 'attitude'. They have made this exact same error before. It is pretty basic stuff. Breaking it and fixing it more than once is pretty ordinary. I have been reporting it for months into what has been a black hole. other issues - try taking a screen shot while the 'enter valid date' or most other errors pop up. It seems to disable screen shots - although I have not tried every way that MS makes that possible. Adding a screen shot to the error? Not possible either. Pretty special as far as I am concerned….

• kevin17@
    kevin17@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Like @BBG, I too have decades of IT development & deployment and share the "attitude". For me, it's simple - I want a stable, well performing product. Since the new business model, there's a steady stream of updates adding features of questionable value, and routinely introducing bugs (new & repeated) worsening the user experience. Now customers are spending more time search Community boards for shared experiences, workarounds and bug status (this thread is just one example). And don't forget, we receive emails from CEO claiming "huge progress" and Marketing boasting "tips" for really basic stuff. Look - I'm ok with subscription services, providing company sustained revenue. But should QK continue the course, the customers will not!!

• khpostma
    khpostma Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

• dan11
    dan11 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Sarcasm]

• Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I am not so concerned about when it will be fixed, but my confidence in Quicken management has sunk to a new low. [Removed - Rant]

• hmharden
    hmharden Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

All dates are downloading in correct format, but I still get the pop up.

At end of download from brokerage account. Fidelity.

Most recent Quicken updated; latest verson of Windows. New Lenovo

Please don't give me a long list of instructions like uninstalling, etc. I won't do it; Quicken should fix. Started with latest update.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See the posted Alert which states that a fix has been identified and is planned for release in one of the version R53.XX updates: ONGOING! 10/16/23 Enter Valid Date Error after Download Transactions for Investment Accounts (QWin).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Leon Pink
    Leon Pink Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Using Quicken Classic, Business & Personal, R52.33, build 27.1.52.33, on Windows 11 Home. Been a user since 1984 and have seen many issues pop up over the years. They usually resolve themselves in 1 -3 months. I guess this issue is breaking records for them. The simple solution, just click on OK and it goes away. Yes, it is a pain to see it, but I have got to believe they haven't put an intern on the problem to find the solution so it must be more involved than we think.

Therefore, anxiously waiting for Version R53+1. I'm just happy it only takes place with my brokerage accounts at TD Ameritrade. I have a bigger problem with my Fidelity accounts as I am unable to upload my activity and Fidelity is blaming Quicken.

Don't you just love it when everyone points to someone else? Sit back, relax, just hit the OK button and move on.

• JeffAR
    JeffAR Member ✭✭
    Options

I've experienced The "Enter a Valid Date" message also. I've submitted three reports under "Report a Problem" over the past month. I never received a response back. Today I called customer support. I mentioned multiple times to pull up me report submissions. I could tell he could find them or did not have access After about 30 minutes on the line he was told by someone to have me run the Validate and Repair File program. That didn't work. I decided to look at this community sight and of course found that Quicken is aware of the issue and a fix is in the works. I should have looked here first, my error. Howeve, you would think that Customer Support would have access to issues being worked on and the ones I submited through my account.

• Bobbo
    Bobbo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Re: Leon Pink's comment. FWIW, I have not had any problems with Fidelity. Go figure.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic/Rant]

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• JonBike
    JonBike Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

This is ridiculous that Quicken can't fix this "issue". Yes, I can just click OK, but I shouldn't have to take that extra step.

[Removed - Rant]

• sjrily
    sjrily Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue for some time now. I don't have any account with auto-reconcile turned on, and I get this message for most of them (definitely for investment accounts). I thought at first it was related to another reconcile issue I'm having (manual reconcile window pops up even though I have "reconcile using online balance" selected for all accounts), but I get the "enter valid date" error message regardless of whether I try to reconcile or not - after clicking the "done" button.

• kevin17@
    kevin17@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The irony is, while the bug itself is trivial, it's a constant reminder to a sizable part of the customer base of an inept and/or apathetic Quicken. I've seen it near daily for ~60 days now.

• markjrenna
    markjrenna Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I'm using Quicken for windows B63.12

When I accept a downloaded transaction in the register I get a pop up as shown.

• tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
  • markjrenna
    Options

No one else sees this?

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • markjrenna
    Options

Not fixed.

• markjrenna
    Options

Sadly they don't fix the obvious and never add anything we really want.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• EDacho
    EDacho Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic]

• BBG
    BBG Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Are there any competing products that are not so buggy, responsive to fixing problems, and can import QDF files?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@markjrenna - might check the version

.. Help —> About Quicken

I'm using Quicken for windows B63.12

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see this error every time I select Accept All downloaded transactions. I started seeing the issue when I updated from R49.33 to R52.33. Is Quicken getting buggier?

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure if Quicken is getting buggier, but minor annoying and widespread bugs are certainly taking longer for Quicken to fix. Problems like this one should have been caught in pre-release testing.

The "Enter a valid date" message is spurious. You can simply click on OK and move on. If you don't want to see it, click on an already-accepted transaction - not the last one - in your Transaction List (register) before clicking on Accept All or Done.

Quicken has acknowledged this issue and posted an Alert here

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.