PenFed Credit Union PFCU - FDP-102 (QMac)

Options
Laura JJ
Laura JJ Member ✭✭

My auto-updates from Penfed Credit Union stopped a few days ago, which used to be a regular occurrence. However, the interface has been pretty reliable in recent months.

Since my statement closed at about the same time the problem started, I wonder if anyone else has the same issue.

Message: Connection to Pentagon FCU. is unavailable right now. Please try again later. If this error persists for more than 24 hours, please contact Quicken care. (FDP-102)

Comments

• Sid C
    Sid C Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I've been getting the same error for the last 3-4 days.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @Laura JJ and @Sid C,

We do currently have an active alert regarding various error messages with Pentagon Federal Credit Union, which includes an FDP-102. You may follow this link to access the alert which you may bookmark for any and all future updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Laura JJ
    Laura JJ Member ✭✭
    Options

Great! Thanks, Jasmine!

• JoanCarol
    JoanCarol Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I have not been able to get updates from Pentagon Federal Credit Union for several weeks. Have tried updating connection but no luck.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @JoanCarol,

To assist you with this issue, could you please provide additional information? Are you getting any error messages or error codes when you try to update your account(s) with PFCU? If not, what is happening when you try to update?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JoanCarol
    Options

Yes, the error code is FI_TIMEOUT (FDP-102)

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately, you're encountering a known issue that has already been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10554198)

[Merged]

Quicken Kristina

• jcm
    jcm Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm using Quicken Version 7.3.2 (Build 703.50456.100) on my Mac running MacOS 13.6.1

For about the past week, when I try to update my accounts I get an error related to my PenFed account.

Connection to Pentagon Federal Credit Union. is unavailable right now. Please try again later. If this error persists for more than 24 hours, please contact Quicken care. (FDP-102)

The details state:

Details: Hystrix:: Hystrix Command Timeout Occured while executing request for InstitutionId=2864

Error Code: FI_TIMEOUT (FDP-102)

I've tried reconnecting to PenFed using the account setup workflow and got:

An unexpected error occurred.
    Please try again later.

Details:
    REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS

Is this a known issue?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @jcm,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

[Merged]

-Quicken Anja

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Quicken Anja - There has been no update in that Community Alert since 11/9/2023. might we please have more details about what is going on?

Is this an issue, as another poster had indicated - that PenFed decided to no longer support Quicken?

Thanks

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've contacted PenFed and received the following reply-

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @solostorm,

All available updates and information will be posted within the Alert. As stated in the last update of the Alert, "this Alert will be updated once more information, updates, etc become available". As of now, there is no new information or updates available beyond what has already been posted in the Alert.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Pelindaba
    Pelindaba Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok it's time to come clean….can the issue with Pentagon Federal Credit Union be fixed? If your relationship with the PFCU is really over I deserve to know about it! What is the status of this issue … patience is running out!😤

• Larry Epperson
    Options

I totally agree. This post will probably get deleted, but I'm getting damn tired of this problem. I've been using Quicken with PFCU since the mid 90s. We had this problem last year and it finally got fixed - after MUCH complaining and time. Now here we are again.

The very least that Quicken could do would be to tell us something about the problem. Is it because PFCU no longer accepts screen scraping? Is it because PFCU refuses to cooperate with Quicken? Is it because Quicken is just not capable of providing a reliable product?

If this doesn't get fixed quickly, knowing something about this problem will help me to decide whether I need a new money program, or to dump PFCU - with whom I've been a member for over 40 years.😡

• mikep7103
    Options

It's been 11 days now that I have not been able to download transactions from Pentagon FCU. The error messages are code FDP-102 AND WCC code CC-502 ( which I have a screenshot ). Please Advise

• Terry51
    Terry51 Member
    Options

Had no connectivity with the Pentagon FCU for a couple of months now. When will the download issue be resolved? Will I be credited with months that have been inactive?

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The problem appears to be at PenFed not Quicken. I'm Pen Fed-up!

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

[Removed - Duplicate Post]

• steve user
    steve user Member ✭✭
    Options

How do we get reimbursed for the months of Quicken where it is not working?

I concur with this post above and suspect its quickens inability to navigate the ever changing security requirements of banks.

• Rick Vansciver
    Options

So has anyone found a fix to this. This is the same that happen last year and it took forever to get it fixed. It is time to do something about this.

I have personally talked with folks from Pentagon Credit Union (their IT folks) and their answer is its a Quicken issue.

We all pay good money for Quicken and its time for you to get with it and quick sending your canned statement that your working on it. I have not seen any updates to this issue other than the one back last month

• harrycolvin
    Options

Is the problem with PFCU transaction download through Quicken going to be fixed or not? At least tell that, it will let us know if it ever work again.

• jim.methered
    jim.methered Member ✭✭
    Options

Is Pentagon Federal Credit Union coming back on-line? Unable to connect for 2 1/2 weeks.

• avic
    avic Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Speculation]

• Airborne06
    Airborne06 Member ✭✭
    Options

Getting rid of Quicken once and for all. This PFCU "glitch" is ridiculous! Their level of ineptitude is mind-boggling!

• yearms99
    yearms99 Member
    Options

My PFCU accounts finally updated yesterday. Saving, checking, and money market certificates.

• Laura JJ
    Laura JJ Member ✭✭
    Options

Woohoo! I'm able to connect both of my Penfed accounts now!

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm happy that so many of you have been able to connect to PenFed, but I have had no luck since mid-October.

I am seriously considering whether I should be changing either my institution or my software. Any suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.