R53.16 - One Step Update Problems

Options
2»

Comments

• waymck56
    waymck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

What a hot mess this is. Got tired of waiting for Quicken support to do anything. Downloaded transactions from my financial instution. QIF files do not work anymore in Quicken. Now downloads are QFX files, unfortunately when it imports into Quicken the saved categories is not used. Entries are duplicated. Luckily I had a good backup to roll back to something workable. All credit card transactions showed uncleared after the web download.

So, Quicken support - when do you plan on supporting us and fixing your SNAFU? It has been a month since many of us were able to do a One Step download from our financial institutions?

• 1jimsarti
    Options

Seems that Quicken only recognizes one login per bank. I have multiple Chase and Amex with different login ID's that worked as seperate accounts and login for years, now Quicken only want to use one log in per institution. Logging into one cancels the other

• mbuchta
    mbuchta Member
    Options

I've used Quicken for over 20 years and never had this much trouble. Ever since I started using the Quicken Subscription I've had issues here and there but for over 2 months now many transactions do not download and no error messages are shown. I signed out and back in and that did not help. I'm tired of entering transactions manually and nearly ready to give up on Quicken. Not all websites allow me to download transaction in Quicken format file.

Please help solve this. I've seen other posts similar to this but found no solution.

Martin

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @mbuchta,

Is this issue occurring across multiple financial institutions? Which one(s)? What is the connection method? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bmbass
    bmbass Member ✭✭
    Options

I hate to sabotage MBUCHTA's problem, but my One Step Update have also stopped updating the following accounts (with no error messages): Ally (Express Web Connect), American Express (Express Web Connect+), APCO Credit Union (Express Web Connect), CapitalOne (Express Web Connect+), Chase (Express Web Connect+), and Discover Bank (Express Web Connect). All show 12/8 as the last update, while all the rest of my accounts have been updated each day since then (including today 12/11).

• Jon_sacks
    Jon_sacks Member ✭✭
    Options

A fix that helped me with Amex on at least one of the cards (the other still doesn't work).

Go into Amex Web site and go to Account Services/Security and Privacy/Manage Third Party Permissions.
    -Click on Quicken
    -Note the Authorization Expires Date, Quicken was setting to 1 day BEFORE the Partner Authorization date
    -Click Revoke Authorization
    -Go back to Quicken and reauthorize.

As I said, this worked for one card but not the other, I have reported this to Amex and they are promising to work with Quicken to solve the problem, but do not have any information yet.

• mbuchta
    mbuchta Member
    Options

Hello: This is mbuchta. I download many accounts. Most are connected as Express Web Connect, some are Express Web Connect+, and 3 accounts are Direct Connect. I don't get any of the Express Web Connect+ accounts downloaded (but they did at one point). Only a few of the Express Web Connect accounts now download (these use to always download for me, but don't now. I have many of these), and the Direct Connect account just stopped downloading the other day (around 12/9/2023). Some of the accounts are:

American Express (Express Web Connect+)

Chase (Express Web Connect+)

My banking (checking and saving accounts) (Express Web Connect)

Brokerage accounts (Direct Connect)

I hope this help shed some light on this issue. Trying to be hopeful.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @bmbass and @mbuchta,

When did this issue begin to occur with multiple financial institutions?

Are you able to restore from a backup that was created before the issue began?

Just so you are aware, we do currently have active alerts for Chase and American Express regarding missing transactions/transactions not downloading. Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps located in these alerts?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• mbuchta
    mbuchta Member
    Options

[@bmbass wrote ] When did this issue begin to occur with multiple financial institutions? Are you able to restore from a backup that was created before the issue began? [@mbuchta wrote]  This started months ago so I don't have a backup that old. I backup Quicken every time I use it and have 4 cycling backups so the best is 3-4 weeks.

For my banking accounts, they started along time ago with not downloading but since they let me download in Quicken format I didn't care that much about it. It was still a hassle but at least I was able to get the transactions. I did the same with Chase. I don't believe Amex allows downloading in Quicken format. Regardless, going to each website to download transactions separately is even more time-consuming.

I do not receive any trouble shooting alerts or messages. They just don't download. I recently received this message ("an error has occurred") for downloading ETRADE and Fidelity but that's all. No, other message like Fix It.

• jorge_nuviola
    Options

I concur with all of you. I too have been using quicken for over 20 years and in the last year it has become a nightmare. It gets worst everyday. I cant download transactions and have to either reset or sometimes deactivate; not that it helps much. Payments to credit cards do not match regardless of doing bank first credit card second or vice versa. Too much to enumerate here. I did work with customer support a couple times and came out worse than started. I am currently working on a new account from scratch. I would lose all the historical data but I am hoping that Quicken will behave better. Should it still have all these issues I will call it quit and close this subscription.

• Schaeftex
    Options

I have multiple logins with Chase with multiple accounts and previously had no issues. I just added a new Chase account and it downloaded the account info and transactions when I added the account, but then realized none of the other accounts were updating. I have since tried to update and none of the accounts will update. I've tried de-activating and re-activating the accounts. Then I deactivated, unlinked Quicken from both Chase logins then re-authorized with one login, but it's still not working. Out of desperation I tried to manually download the transactions on one of my accounts, but that just created an entire new account - assuming because of pseudo account numbers they aren't linking…but very strange behavior resulted. It's odd that everything seems like it's working, no error messages or feedback as to why it's not working…just no updated transactions.

• bmbass
    bmbass Member ✭✭
    Options

My problems started 12/9, but RESETing (which also caused Re-Authorization) all the above accounts resulted in most of them being updated to today's date and time. Coastal Federal Credit Union will not reconnect (the error message says that Quicken can't connect to Coastal). If so many accounts needed to be reset and re-authorized because of some recent Quicken change, then why doesn't Quicken send out some alert informing the users of this need and keep them from missing downloads?

• booeysteeth
    booeysteeth Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken has acknowledged the same issue with Amex, but have yet to acknowledge the issue exists with Chase accounts, but I assure you friend, you are not alone. It hasn't worked right in over a month and it should make the folks at Intuit embarrassed as to the shoddy quality of their application.

How about refunds Quicken? Extend everyone's subscriptions by however long it takes you to fix this. We are tired of your inability to deliver the promise you made when we bought your software.

• Janks
    Janks Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having issues with multiple Chase accounts. I deactivated the minor account so the primary would work and now it stopped working.

Supposedly the outage is resolved - It's not working for me.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sub extensions are VERY hard to get. You cannot contact customer service, but rather have to call Tech support. Then, even when it's a KNOWN issue, they make you go through all these "troubleshooting" things (plan on at least an hour on the phone) and they will only issue an extension by one month (ie, if the problem has existing for 5 months, you're only getting one month credit).

Just informing folks if they want to spend the time and how to go about getting an extension. It's a very laborious process, IMO.

• iennacca
    iennacca Member
    Options

Yep consider this a multi user incident, @Quicken Kristina. I've been on the subscription for years now, haven't had an issue like this before. I also have 2 AMEX accounts; one is a secondary account (working) and my own business account (not working).

• mistele9
    mistele9 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm having the same issues with multiple accounts, both banks and credit cards. It says it's updated and the time and date stamp are current, but it doesn't actually pull in any items. I've been manually doing this for at least a month. I've dried re-authorizing but that doesn't do anything for me. And I did just realize that the accounts that are Express Web Connect + do update. If they don't have the plus, it says it updates (no error messages), but it doesn't.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience, please let us know once you have submitted the logs.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So much of what is being described in this thread sounds like classic runtime.dat file corruption. Has anyone tried following the process at the link posted in my 11/21 post in this thread?

If so, what were the results?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• siegelmichael
    siegelmichael Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I am having the same problem with AMEX. One card downloads, the others do not. I have multiple accounts with Chase, Fidelity and Regions Bank and they all work fine. I have tried all the steps suggested above and nothing works. Since multiple people have the same issue with AMEX, this has to be some type of software issue. This all happened at the same time, AMEX changed it's authentication process. We are going on two months now, without a resolution. I am using 27.1.53.32. This is going on to long!

• KaiyndaKrazy
    KaiyndaKrazy Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a problem with AmEx credit cards (I have 2) not downloading transactions.

The last transactions that actually downloaded are from 11/9/2023. I've deactivated and reactivated.

I've gone to the AmEx accounts and removed quicken permissions and then tried deactivating and reactivating again. When I do a one step update for ALL Accounts the 2 AmEx accounts don't even show up in the Update Summary list. When I do an update for only the AmEx accounts it very quickly displays the Progress dialog window and then the Summary dialog windows displays indicating that the update is complete - yet no transactions come in.

I've gone to AmEx and downloaded the last 90 days of transactions in a .QFX file and when I go thru the motions to import this file I again end up seeing the Update Summary dialog indicating the the Update is complete - yet no transactions are imported. I'm wondering if there are in fact any transactions in the QFX file - but I have no way of opening the QFX file to see.

I am REALLY not looking forward to manually entering all of the AmEx card transactions! And I'm really getting fed up with Quicken over the course of the last year or so. Can anyone out there recommend an alternative to Quicken Business and Personal ?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

OK, I'll ask one last time: Has anyone tried the process for fixing a runtime.dat file corruption issue? If so, what was the result?

I keep bringing this up because many of the posts in this thread are describing symptoms that are classic of runtime.dat file corruption. But, so far, there have been no responses posted about whether or not this was tried and what the results have been. It would be good to know if this is indeed the cause and solution or if another troubleshooting path should be taken.

The step-by-step process for fixing a runtime.dat file corruption issue is found in the thread at this link.: Time date stamp [of last account update].

• siegelmichael
    Options

Boatnmaniac - I have tried what you have suggested and it does not work. I have many accounts with other providers and they all work fine. Only one of my AMEX accounts downloads and the others do not. This all started when AMEX changing it's security/download protocols.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Thanks for the reply. It does appear that there might be more than one type of download issue in this thread and that the runtime.dat solution might be more applicable to that other one where OSU shows it is running but the financial institutions then do not show up in the OSU Summary afterward with no new transactions downloaded. However, it is good to know that we can perhaps rule out the runtime.dat issue as the cause of the issue you are experiencing.

• smoothdoc
    Options

which competitor? Quick books? I can't take this anymore

• Dlmcaliley
    Dlmcaliley Member
    Options

I have been battling this issue since the R53.16 update early December. I had my file on onedrive. Moving the file local to my computer fixed this issue.

• siegelmichael
    Options

Are people still having problems with updating multiple AMEX accounts?

• garyphd
    garyphd Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue with multiple accounts, Chase, Amex, etc. One-Step tries but then produces no result. Tried to deactivated and reactivate. When I tried to sign in there was an error message about connectivity problems.

• CampMags
    CampMags Member
    edited February 12
    Options

I too have been using Quicken for a long time, since 1994. I don't have AmEx, but same issue is happening with Citi card. All my accounts that support downloading were working for a long time until recently. Most I could repair after recent Quicken updates, but 3 are still not working for about 6 weeks now. Thought it would eventually get fixed.

My Citi issue is Quicken launches Chrome Citi card web page to accept Quicken access at Citi. This goes well and Citi shows Quicken now has access, but the Quicken pop up window waiting for the response never receives and times out. Tried this weekly for about 6 weeks to fix but still no luck.

This is a problem worthy of switching to competitor. [Removed - no soliciting]

• booeysteeth
    booeysteeth Member ✭✭
    edited February 12
    Options

I moved over to [Removed - 3rd part software]. They can import everything you have and….shockingly, wait for it….it works.

This discussion has been closed.