How can one contact quicken support from Canada?

Options
Glenn Dawe
Glenn Dawe Member ✭✭

when I go to the support webpage none of the links work, the chat windows simply opens up irrelevant videos to the problem I am experiencing. There is a phone number shone with a 650 area code which would be extremely long distance for me. My cell phone covers Canada wide long distance but calling to the US is a large bill. One would think Quicken would splurge and get an 800 number to be able to support their client base properly.

Best Answers

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Glenn Dawe,

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Glenn Dawe
    Glenn Dawe Member ✭✭
    Options

after spending an hour with Quicken a couple of weeks ago and another half hour today with BMO, each of them points to the other as the party causing the problem. Essentially, neither has been able to offer any real help. Looking further into the Quicken community reports, it looks like other people have found a way to get around the whole Quicken connect/Web connect issues between Quicken and BMO so I will have to see if I can get through some of those issues on a trial and error basis.
    BMO really offers no help whatsoever simply stating that they are not responsible for a third-party software even if it is their problem in making the connection. I am able to download transactions and import them into Quicken but not able to do the Quicken connect (Mac) version to get online connections.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you Google Quicken support you will get their phone number, it is 650-250-1900.

The help provided is hit and miss.

Good luck.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is an 888 number - at least for Canadian users - that can be obtained by logging into your Quicken account.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4 Answer ✓
    Options

There is also the generic toll-free for Quicken that is no longer easily found but is still valid: 1-888-311-7276.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hmmm, I wonder why they make it so hard to find the toll free numbers.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's a really bad idea to Google for Quicken Support. There are too many scam websites out there.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Glenn Dawe
    Glenn Dawe Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks to all for your suggestions. I was able to get through to Quicken Support using the toll-free number. Although BMO is at fault, Quicken has reviewed everything sharing my screen to confirm all the parameters are met. BMO is turning a blind eye and deaf ear to my problem. I guess they don’t really care about their customers.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy you got it sorted although it may not be the ideal answer, at least it is understood.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I guess they don’t really care about their customers

For what it is worth, I think this has more to do with businesses "optimizing their time".

Quicken users tend to think of themselves as this large population of customers that the financial institutions have to listen too. But in reality, they are a small percentage of any given financial institution. And when you throw out Canada, that becomes a fraction of a fraction. As such, their priorities don't line with ours at all.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW although I understand your logic, it occurs to me that at the very least Quicken should at least manage expectations and be more descriptive that all / some [INSERT FUNCTIONALITY] may not work so that the user is not disappointed, frustrated or surprised.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JoelC Yes, I'm not too happy with Quicken Inc's "communications", especially when it comes to dealing with the Canadian customers. On the other hand, there seems to be endless "announcements" that XXX problem is being worked on, but they basically can't tell you anything about it. The moderators are left out of the loop almost as much is the Quicken users, and when you step up to "online" well then you a chain that runs for miles, customers of customers of customers.

Signature:
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW appreciate the response.

I do not mean to open a can of worms but here goes!

I have — as you know from the wonderful assistance that you and others have provided to me — dug into Quicken much deeper than I had in the past configuring and reworking numbers items (i.e., accounting / tracking methodology, business accounts, business categories, charts, reports, views, widgets, etc.) all with the view of automating (to save time), improved decision making (i.e., dashboards, reports and widgets ),improved reporting , increasing the accuracy (better matching the timing of expenses / income), etc.

I now find myself in the situation of having spent 100s of hours tweaking Quicken with possibly little benefit or result because there are so many things that do not work fully or properly, many of which are noted in the 30+ threads I have started over that period.

The truth is that I have given up tracking the issues because that exercise was too time consuming and the number became too numerous.

Time will tell whether the "juice was worth the squeeze" because as of now I continually need to remind myself that "…this report / feature / widget works except for…".

This is not the result I was hoping for which was to put in whatever time is needed to customize Quicken to have an accurate, automated, reliable and time saving tool. This is not what I have today.

Your's and others' comments are encouraged and welcome.

Thank you.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cost-cutting measure? When they did this years ago, it was announced as we are trying something new, nothing else. Hasn't changed since.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know that at least on the US side this supposed to be one of the "Premier and above" features. As in you got to the head of the line, and if you log into your Quicken account it shows a toll-free number there (but not in Deluxe or below).

One way or another I would say yes this all about the money.

Signature:
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

And with the just announced price increase one would think this would be one of the areas of focus; there is no better way to upset a customer base by charging more and providing less.

This discussion has been closed.