Quicken downloading some but not all transactions QWin

Options

Comments

• LLindholm
    LLindholm Member
    Options

I am happy to find this group and maybe get some help. I am also a 1st Source customer that is missing transactions from 1/16 through 2/4/24. Some download but many are missing. From what I am reading here it's not just one bank but many and that points to the issue being with Quicken. So frustrating! I am going to have to manually enter quite a number of transactions. But I am also worried that if I do, and somehow Quicken fixes the issue, that it will download them again and make duplicates.

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue but with Chase. Since the end of January fails to download 3-4 transactions every day (out of a dozen or so). HOPEFULLY these ongoing complaints will attract the attention of Quicken Support.

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

I just got home after 3 weeks away in which I had been using my laptop and the trouble started. Yesterday (2/5/24) I fired up my (Windows) desktop and opened Quicken. The data file was dated 1/10/2024 which is what I had transferred to the laptop. Quicken downloaded 8 posted transactions going back to 1/22 which was the last date I'd had a successful download). It showed a balance adjustment of over $500 which accounted for all the transactions that had not been downloaded. The Quicken balance agreed with the online balance so Quicken was recognizing the posted transactions but not downloading all of them. This morning I did it again and Quicken downloaded 1 posted transaction and showed a balance adjustment for 3 transactions that were not downloaded. So some progress but the problem is not fixed.

Thank you "MishawakaKirk" for getting Quicken support involved again. Maybe someone will be able to figure this out. If not, I will just have to give up on Quicken and let my subscription lapse when it's time to renew. FWIW, I have been using Quicken since 1995!

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I would not be so sure that Quicken support is "involved." As far as I can tell they have ignored this thread for two weeks. Maybe there was a post I'm missing but the last Support post I saw was Jan 24.

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

You are correct about the last post from Quicken support. I was referring to "MishawakaKirk's" comment that he chatted with Quicken support and they looked at the thread and made a suggestion of something to try (which sadly did not solve the issue.)

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

I feel your pain! What I did, rather than manually enter each transaction, was use the "split" function on the amount that was not downloaded so I only had to enter the category and the amount. I don't really care who the payee is. This is somewhat easier than entering each transaction separately, at least for me. I have to say as a Quicken user since the 1990s, this lack of support to resolve this issue is very disappointing.

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ok everyone – I do not think Quicken Support is even aware of us and our problem. I’m not convinced my chat led Support to look at the link. I sent a link directly to our thread, and the Support person implied ‘they would look at it’… But as everyone is aware, we’ve seen no evidence of Support.

So, everyone – use the Chat, Call, or email Support. I used a link directly to our thread, so they could see all the Troubling shooting we (users) have done… with ZERO input from Support.
    Squeaky Wheel syndrome so to speak…. we need to get sqeakier / Whine more ?

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

I just sent a message and the thread URL to the office of the president. We'll see what happens.

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

Got a call from the office of the president. I sent him my log files and a screenshot showing which transactions did not download. He said the Quicken log files showed the transactions had been downloaded but not put into the register. He said he would follow up in a couple days. He had looked at this thread and was aware that others were having the same issue. Maybe we're making some progress.

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

I spent 90 minutes on the phone with Quicken support today. Did a bunch of stuff that didn't fix the problem with the current file. Then we deactivated the 1st Source bank account and created a new one which we called TEST. When we connected, it downloaded the last 86 days worth of transactions, including all the January transactions that had not been downloaded by the current file. Then we created a new 1st Source account and that downloaded 223 days worth of transactions but did not download the January transactions that had been missed by the original file. At that point he was stumped and said he would escalate the problem. Stay tuned!

• mdcbk
    mdcbk Member ✭✭
    Options

I have this same issue, for several accounts. When I download transactions from Schwab, any transaction dated 1/8/24 to 1/29/24 doesn't download. This is frustrating. I don't have the time or desire to run all the various 'fixes' described here, most of which didn't work. I don't care to go back to the 1990s either, and manually record each transaction. Hoping that Quicken resolves this

• RDMQ
    RDMQ Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue for the past about 2 weeks. Happening with Chase and my Credit Union checking accounts as well.

Most transactions download but not all.

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

https://community.quicken.com/profile/10119566/lmacmil "I spent 90 minutes on the phone with Quicken support today."

Wow, that's Dedication!
    I’m impressed, however it reinforces my point that we (users) are doing most of the troubleshooting. Hopefully the support person was serious about escalated the issue.

All of your troubleshooting seems similar to what I went through with my chat last week. It did trigger some transactions to download, but not all; and since it was a new copied/created file, it only had a fraction of my history. Totally worthless. So we’ll see what happens next!

As I mentioned, Squeaky Wheel works

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

I got a follow-up email from Quicken support today asking for a bunch of screenshots showing which transactions did not download. Nothing downloaded from 1st Source today and only 1 of 2 posted transactions downloaded from my Bank of America Mastercard. This is the 2nd time transactions from this MC have not downloaded. There were 5 or 6 in a 1 week period in the middle of January. I deleted the 2nd 1st Source account we created yesterday during my 90 minute phone call because it didn't download the missing transactions either.

I changed my 1st Source password today and it said my 1st Source account was not setup for downloaded. I went through the Quicken process 3 times before I was able get downloads activated again. Then I did an update and suddenly my Quicken balance agrees with my online balance. I still have a bunch of missing transactions but the balance adjustments that Quicken did at least got the balance right. Nothing from 1st Source has downloaded into my main Quicken file since 2/5 so there are probably 7 or 8 missing transactions. What I can't figure out is why the 2nd test file we created yesterday seems to be working. It has downloaded all the transactions going back to November 2023. Very strange.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited February 13
    Options

Hello All,

Some of the financial institutions mentioned in this thread, such as Charles Schwab, Chase, and Bank of America, already have open alerts for this issue. If there is already an open alert for the financial institution you are experiencing this issue with, please follow the directions in the alert, and if those directions do not resolve the issue, reach out to Quicken Support directly.

If there isn't already an open alert for the financial institution you're encountering this issue with, then, if you haven't already done so, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

If reaching out to Quicken Support is not a viable option for you, then please navigate to Help > Report a problem in your Quicken program and submit a problem report with the following information:

1. Specific transactions that are posted on the financial institution side, but are not in your Quicken.
    2. A screenshot of the financial institution website, showing the specific transactions (it's okay to redact personal information so long as the screenshot shows those transactions and that they're posted)
    3. A screenshot of the Quicken register, showing that those transactions are not there (it's okay to redact personal information so long as the screenshot shows that those transactions are not in your Quicken register).
    4. The names of the affected accounts as they show on the financial institution side and as they show in Quicken.
    5. The log files (usually pre-selected when you create a Problem Report).
    6. If there is already an open alert for the financial institution, please include the Ticket # or CTP # in your description of the issue.
    7. If you are willing, a sanitized copy of your data file.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue.

@dondgc,

The Community is a forum where users help each other, and there are a handful of moderators like myself who can do some troubleshooting with you. Posts on the Community are not the same as contacting Quicken Support. The issue you mention with Chase is a known issue. Please follow the directions in this Community Alert, if you haven't done so already. If those directions do not resolve the issue, please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

Thank you!

(CTP-9041)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Kristina Moderator —

I tried, but it failed!
    Wanting to send all the required information, I did what you asked for. Two Screen shots with all the log files preselected for me. I had typed all of my comments, clicked SEND…. and it says I've exceeded the number of attachments as allowed — 10. Well all the log files were 9, leaving space for one more? How can I attached the bank transactions as posted (1), Quicken not cleared (2), and any other screenshots (3), when it limits me to txt or jpg files, 10 total?

Frustrated

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

FYI — I figured out a work-around to report it.
    I reported to Quicken twice —
    First report included all the log files as requested (10 files, limit)
    Second report, I de-selected a bunch of the log files, then attached my screen shots. Also note, it will not accept a pdf. Only txt or jpg / png. There is a box for screenshots, but I could not figure it out. Tried drag, copy/paste, nuthin' worked.

Test of what I entered:
    1st Source Bank transactions are not downloading as cleared or entered. Details of the issue can be found at the Community forum here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7945977/quicken-downloading-some-but-not-all-transactions/p2 To the best of my knowledge other accounts ARE NOT affected -- Chase, BOA, Amex, Schwab, TDAmeritrade, etc. Nothing has downloaded since 1/22/2024 from 1st Source Bank.

I did it via the Help > Report a problem from in Quicken, knowing I probably won't get a response…. mostly due to not wanting to waste spend 90 minutes on the phone with Support, as they try all the things Imacmil tried with them… with no success

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

Pretty much everything I did while on the phone went through Quicken> Help>report a problem. And he set up a link where I could upload screenshots. BTW, my BOA Mastercard has missed several cleared transactions. The other day it downloaded 1 of 2. Previously it had missed 6 that were posted between 1/12 and 1/21. So far, my Chase Visa has not been affected. 1st Source is the real problem since we use our debit card a lot and there's no way I'd go back to entering transactions manually. I will be uploading a bunch of files today per the email instructions I got yesterday from Quicken support.

I don't really pay attention when Quicken downloads its automatic updates. I wonder if these problems started after a recent update. My current build is 27.1.54.16 but I have no idea when that was downloaded.

• Just a user
    Just a user Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue. I feel an update or something happened on 1/1/24, and the download has been all Messed up since.

• wb2rem
    wb2rem Member
    Options

Quicken still not downloading BOA transactions.

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If Quicken support is not notified by moderators of the HUGE number of complaints here about a significant issue which crosses multiple institutions and account types, then there is a MAJOR problem….

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

https://community.quicken.com/profile/10027357/dondgc

Quote: If Quicken support is not notified by moderators of the HUGE number of complaints here about a significant issue which crosses multiple institutions and account types, then there is a MAJOR problem….

Agreed — so if anyone reading this thread hasn't reported something to Quicken Support, please do so. The louder we get, the more people that report the issue, the more visabilty we have and the better our chance of a solution (sooner vs later?)

So, you can go here: https://www.quicken.com/support?unique-redirect=if1w9zkp05svjd6cl4y8#contact-support

And then:
    a) open a Chat Window with support
    b) Call Support, 650-250-1900
    c) From within Quicken itself: Help > Report a Problem

Whichever method you use, Please include a Link to our page, outlining all the Troubleshooting we have done; and note, it’s been all users (Imacmil, u000top2, myself MishwakaKirk), and not Quicken Support!
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7945977/quicken-downloading-some-but-not-all-transactions/p2

Lets hope our noise helps move this along. For me, it's been mid January since 1st Source Bank transactions downloaded.

• cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Have the same issue with Chase Visa and was participating in another thread on this issue:

There may be other threads on this issue. Anyway they can get combined into one?

• rayee
    rayee Member
    Options

Having same problem, definitely started with last update. and I just paid $131 for a renewed subscription. I cannot report the problem because when I click on either chat or phone it will not let me proceed without logging in, and I won't let me log in to that page, and I am already logged in to my account online. If this does not get resolved I will file a complaint with my bank and get the balance refunded and start looking for another option. I tried their "new" simplified version a couple of years ago and it was a major headache. It was not simplified at all, I was on chat with support constantly. At least I can use it for last year's taxes, but thats about it. :-(

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

rayee,

The phone support number is posted 2-4 posts above….
    Call Support at, 650-250-1900

Good luck calling, as it takes a bit of time. If you decide to call, please reference this very thread, which you posted to.

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Update 2/13/2024 —

Nothing has changed, that I'm aware of, but Quicken downloaded TWO transactions from 1st Source this morning — only 10 to go!
    Version R54.16
    Build 27.1.54.16 (check for updates say this is the latest version)

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    edited February 13
    Options

Lucky you. I have not had a 1st Source transaction download since 2/5 so I have 12 or so that have not been downloaded. OTOH, my Chase Visa seems to be working just fine. It downloaded the most recent 5 transactions this morning and the Quicken balance agrees with the online balance.

• DDSrubin
    DDSrubin Member
    Options

having the same issue. Sent two reports to Quick to no avail

• lmacmil
    lmacmil Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken downloaded three (3) 1st Source Bank transactions this morning, all from yesterday. After I accepted the downloads, it went to the reconcile screen and made a balance adjustment of over $400 which represented all the un-downloaded transactions since 2/5. Very strange.

• maddogdday
    maddogdday Member
    Options

I'm having the same issues with trying to download transactions from Chase Bank. Some are coming through but others that have already cleared according to Chase are not being downloaded. Online balance thus is off by the difference of the missing transactions.