Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) and QMac ?

Options
124»

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply @duckdude555,

The alerts have the same title and the primary symptom is the same, however, there is a bit of a difference. The original alert had another symptom that some users were seeing and the cause of the issue was not yet known:

By comparison, the newer alert indicates that the cause of the problem is now known and we are working with the appropriate parties to resolve the issue:

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mollinmark
    Mollinmark Member ✭✭
    Options

You understand I never claimed they were trying to trick us, right? But I think your idea of a problem being marked Resolved and mine are a little bit different. Obviously.

• Phil G.
    Phil G. Member ✭✭
    Options

Not resolved. Still a problem.

• Rigajohn
    Rigajohn Member
    Options

I'm beginning to regret signing up for Quicken. I moved to the platform because of the closure of Mint. Quicken has not been able to capture my TSP information since the day I started, and there has been no urgency in trying to resolve the issue. Very disappointing. I certainly won't renew my service given the poor performance, and I'm considering simply abandoning the platform.

• canorton3
    canorton3 Member
    Options

Agreed, this is still unresolved in Quicken Classic Premier - Version 7.5.2 (Build 705.51955.100). Perhaps, until this is finally resolved, the Quicken team can provide guidance / direction on how we can track our TSP investment manually? The has been affecting me for 6 months.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @canorton3,

If you already have the account added in your Quicken file and it's set to detailed tracking, you should have a transactions tab that you can use to manually enter your transactions. If you need instructions on how to manually enter different kinds of investment transactions, I would recommend using the help articles, since they provide that kind of information. To view the Quicken for Mac investing help articles, click here.

If you don't have a transactions tab, then your account may be set to Simple tracking. If that is the case, backup your Quicken file, click the investment account to select it, then go to Accounts>Settings…. You should see Investment Tracking Method on the Details tab.

If Detailed is greyed out, you may need to deactivate the account before it will let you change to Detailed tracking.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Gardennut11
    Gardennut11 Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Mollinmark
    Mollinmark Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a way that is very easy using the Daily TSP app (not the official TSP app). It is available for both iphone and android on their stores. I don't give it permission to access my TSP, but I do update the shares every 2 weeks when contributions are made. So I only have to access the TSP site every 2 weeks to get the share balances. It updates in real-time and once a day I go into Quicken and Duplicate an existing transaction. Then I just change the date and the amount. When duplicating a transaction, I choose one with either a loss or gain to match what the current day did. That way I don't have to mess with the minus sign.

• IlliniInDG
    IlliniInDG Member
    Options

I'm feeling the same way as those above, moving over from Mint, if this isn't resolved soon I'll be getting a refund.

• BrooksM
    BrooksM Member
    Options

Having this same problem. Cannot connect Thrift Savings Plan to Quicken Windows.

• Phil G.
    Phil G. Member ✭✭
    Options

mint is going away later this month and Credit Karma really stinks.

• Nick_00017
    Nick_00017 Member ✭✭
    Options

My TSP account balance continues to say 0 as well. I have deleted and reconnected, which succeeds in connecting but continues to register zero balance.

Can you please provide a detailed fix and recommendation. If not yet available please provide a timeline for solution

• jgbennington
    jgbennington Member ✭✭
    Options

TSP Balance on Quicken for Mac continues to show as $0 as well, Version 7.6.1 (Build 706.52627.100). Definitely NOT resolved by Quicken yet.

• awrightus
    awrightus Member ✭✭
    Options

Looking at this thread, I get the impression that the Mac version has gotten (or had) some sort of support for TSP. Does the Mac version actually have this functionality that the Windows version doesn't? It's something that people have wanted for decades. As a 20+ year user of ]Quicken, I've been teetering on the brink of finally letting it go in favor of Mint or something else. If we finally got support for TSP, I would likely keep my subscription. I'm not optimistic.

• family_cross
    family_cross Member
    Options

Request to Quicken is an ETA on resolution, please.

Quicken for Mac user.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Never going to happen. Quicken Inc, Intuit, and probably TSP have policies against giving ETAs, but even if they did, Quicken Inc and especially the moderators here wouldn't have such information, because it isn't going to be provided to them.

Quicken Inc pays Intuit as their aggregator, and they DEFINITELY have a policy never to give ETAs. And it is Intuit and TSP that have to work out some kind of solution.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Request to Quicken is an ETA on resolution, please.

@family_cross They never give an ETA. Part of this is because the resolution is out of Quicken's hands, involving their service provider, Intuit, and the financial institution. Second, anytime someone in software development says "this will be done a week from Monday," there are untold problems which can come up, bugs, discovered in testing, etc., which can delay the final product — and Quicken simply doesn't provide ETAs for bug fixes or new features to avoid having to backtrack or further annoy customers for missing a stated ETA.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • LelandB
    LelandB Member
    Options

What is interesting is that TSP seems to sync on Simplifi.