citi cards , using direct connect

Options

this discussion was closed, but the issue remains:

If you tell Quicken to use Direct Connect when adding CitiCards account (using control /advanced, it still takes you to the authorization page and adds a EWC+ account. This is on R56.9 .

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @qrad,

We do currently have an active alert regarding this issue which you can view here. I suggest bookmarking this alert to remain up to date on any new information.

You can also contact Quicken Support for further assistance, due to this issue occurring in a later version than the hot fix was deployed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

says a fix was deployed, but it doesn't work, which is why I posted this note.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @qrad,

I understand that and that is why I referred you directly to Quicken Support.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I reached out to support and tried various ways to do Direct Connect and none work. Support says, despite what is said in the link you gave me, that Direct Connect is no longer working with Citi Cards. Is that correct?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have more than one Citi card in your Quicken data file? I have found the issue occurs if you do. I have one Citi card which still uses Direct Connect, but I had to re-connect another card and now it will only use EWC+. There is no fix.

If you only have 1 Citi card, I don't know why it won't connect using DC.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 1
    Options

I have two citi cards. I tried deactivating both, and adding just one as Direct Connect, but that did not help, it always sends me to the auth page that then enables EWC+.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2
    Options

IIRC, reading some discussions in the past … Citi Cards continues to support Direct Connect only for currently connected accounts for as long as you do not have to make any changes. If you are forced to reactivate or reauthorize, you can no longer activate to Direct Connect and will be connected to Express Web Connect+ instead.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

They have marked this resolved in this announcement:

But is certainly not fixed!

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

report sent.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This does indeed appear to be the case. I have had to reactivate 2 Citi cards due to fraud and neither was able to reconnect via DC.

@Quicken Anja, @Quicken Jasmine are you saying we should be able to reconnect via DC?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    Options

For some odd reason it does seem that there is often a lag of up to a couple of weeks between the time an Alert for an issue is updated to say the issue is resolved and when we users actually experience that. There are other times when issues are resolved but the Alerts are not updated to reflect that for some period of time after that.

I've often wondered why that is. It is my understanding the Moderators will only post that an issue is resolved when they get official notification (from the Development Team?) of the fix. This, then, implies that sometimes a fix is identified by that Team and communicated to the Moderators but the fix has not yet actually been implemented. Conversely, It also implies, that sometimes a fix has been implemented but the Moderators are not informed by the Team of that until later. Sounds like there might be a communication process inside the Quicken team that could perhaps be improved upon.

My guess is that this DC/EWC+ connection issue is one of those where the fix has been identified and communicated but that the fix has not yet actually been implemented. If I'm correct about this, we should be seeing the fix will be implemented within the next week or so.

Of course, this is all just speculation but there does appear to be precedence for this type of thing.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My guess is that Citi won't allow any more Direct Connect setups (but won't kill off the existing ones). And Quicken doesn't know this, and continues to say it's fixed. But that's just a guess, and I'd love to be wrong. The added one day lag that EWC+ adds confuses any attempt to reconcile and it's another day before you see any possible fraud (unless you login to Cit's web site, an added complication.)

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Rocket J Squirrel,

A hot fix was implemented in R55.12 which was why the alert was resolved and closed. I have already sent this information to my team that users are experiencing this issue in later releases (R56.9). They are investigating the causes, this is why I requested logs.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine