Problems Adding Forbright Bank

ntrainer
ntrainer Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Well, this is a new error… I've just set up an account with Forbright Bank (a personal account). In attempting to add that account to my register at Quicken for Mac, I've correctly entered my logon name and password, and then Quicken is requesting additional verification — either a phone call or text — to phone numbers that are definitely not mine.

Help?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @ntrainer,

The two-factor verification via phone or text comes directly from the bank. If you do not recognize the populating phone numbers, you will need to contact the financial institution directly for assistance. Requesting to speak with a tier 2 agent or supervisor is also recommended as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ntrainer
    ntrainer Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Looks like Forbright Bank has no connectivity with Quicken, which is odd since Quicken offers me the option to connect. I've complained to them and requested that they permit downloads from 3rd party applications, but I guess for now that's all I can do.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

I’m sorry to hear they were not able to provide a solution for you. However, we appreciate you returning here to share this information.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ADEC111
    ADEC111 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I have a CD account at Forbright Bank and can download it to quicken. However, The connection to my savings account is rejected as: "cannot verify account"

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9

Your profile shows you are a QWin user. You posted in a QMac discussion thread so what you can or cannot do with a financial institution might or might not be applicable to QMac users.

That being said, I'll make a quick comment here that might be applicable to you and other QWin users: Which type of savings account do you have? If it is a High Yield Savings account, try setting up the connection with Forbright Bank - High Yield Savings in Add Account instead of one of the other Forbright Bank setup options.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

When you talked with Forbright was it a front line Customer Service person who gave you that information? Front line Customer Service people often know absolutely nothing about Quicken or downloading capabilities and it is not uncommon for them to say what you were told.

You might want to try contacting them, again, but this time ask to speak with their I/T or Tech Support, hopefully with someone who supports downloading data from their website. Or at least ask to speak with a Supervisor who more likely will have a better understanding of Quicken and how to download transactions.

QWin shows that Forbright supports two different download connections. Usually, but not always, QMac will often be supported in a similar manner.:

1. Express Web Connect (Quicken Connect for QMac): Connecting and downloading into Quicken from within the software.
    2. Web Connect: This is a manual download and import connection process where you log into your online account and download/import the transactions file in QFX (or "Quicken" or "Web Connect") format.

QWin also has 4 different Forbright Bank setup connection options for EWC. Selecting the correct one is usually critical to getting an EWC download connection successfully set up. Maybe QMac has more than one connection setup option, as well? If so, if one fails to connect properly, you could try setting up a connection with one of the other ones. Keep trying this process until you get one that successfully connects you.

When you log into your online account, do you see an option to manually download via this Web Connect method? If so, then you might want to try doing that to see if you can then connect the downloaded data to your Forbright account in your QMac file.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.