Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• same here - would appreciate a status update from Quicken

• mike25
    mike25 Member ✭✭

Worked for my MASTERCARD! Thank you for the tip.

• edoyle16407
    edoyle16407 Member ✭✭

I did the same thing - typed in CITI and selected one of the Master Cards. It worked.

• SMCHome
    SMCHome Member ✭✭

This is what worked for me to reauthorize my Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card. Even thought i had previously authorized my Costco Citi Card, the AAdvantage card would not until I followed the below instructions,:

Thanks Wendy, Wil and Dockle. Now I''m struggling to unsubscribe to this email thread! Steve in Iowa

"THIS is what finally worked- thanks to Wendy and Wil. THE KEY IS TO USE THE SPYGLASS SEARCH BOX AND BE SPECIFIC ABOUT WHICH CITICARD. FOR EXAMPLE, I HAVE HOME DEPOT WITH CITI, I HAVE AMERICAN AIRLINES AADVANTAGE WITH CITI AND ALSO COSTCO. I SEARCHED FOR AADVANTAGE ETC . DON'T JUST CLICK ON THE CITI LOGO!!!!!! IT WORKS, BUT JUST BE SPECIFIC ABOUT WHICH ACCOUNT.

Thank you @Wendy on p. 19 of these comments. My Costco Citi Visa cards are properly connected and updating, pulling just 4 days of prior transactions. Here's what I did, with a couple of added details:

In Quicken, go to your Citi Visa acct, and click the actions gear icon in upper rt hand corner, > Edit Account Details > delete what is in the Financial Institution field (mine used to say Citi Card) and delete what is in the account number field > click OK to save with those two fields blank

Then in Account Details, click the Online Services tab and set up downloads, making sure to choose "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi" as the financial institution > follow the prompts, choosing LINK TO EXISTING Quicken account (not ADD AN ACCOUNT), and choose your existing Quicken account for your card

When I downloaded, Quicken pulled just 4 days of transactions, not months or years worth, which was a relief.

I was able to update a couple of times today when I tested, and it worked fine.

Hope this helps"

• LarryC
    LarryC Member ✭✭✭

For weeks I had no problem downloading transactions. However, about 2 weeks ago my Citibank Mastercard and my Costco Anywhere card stopped downloading and requested reauthorization. I have tried several times to reauthorize downloads. Citi seems to give permission, but Quicken reports "Sign in to Citi Cards bank failed. Try again."

Please see attached screenshots.

• George Agich
    George Agich Member ✭✭✭

Yes, followed SMCHome advice and my Costco Citi and Strata Premier card connected and downloaded my missing transactions, missing since early September. Hope this continues.

Quicken, the problem seems to be that the various links to OSU for CitiCards, CitiBank, etc fail to work and only the Costco link works for Quicken. Come on folks investigate what's failing with those links and why the Costco Citi link works!!

• Please fix this. I can't get workarounds to work. At least email people so they know it's not them!

• Marc Auslander
    Marc Auslander Member ✭✭✭

This worked for me. Went into edit account details and cleared the Financial Institution. Ran update. Given a choice of institutions searched for Citi Smart Mastercard. Went through the login/authorize sequence and it worked! Download worked!

• shtevie
    shtevie Member ✭✭

Problem fixed by using the Costco Anytime Visa by Citi option when choosing bank when setting up online info.

• Fred9255
    Fred9255 Member ✭✭

Quicken has shown their very unprofessional face: Not ETA, no updates, no communication and coming up on a week with a major software problem affecting thousands of customers, with no fix. Very disappointing.

• jefisch
    jefisch Member
    edited October 2

NO - It still does not work. Even worse, there are no Error Codes, because the on-line functionality has been stripped from my CITI card accounts. I have to recreate the on-line access, which fails every time. Quicken - don't claim the issue is resolved, when it clearly is NOT.

• wpc09
    wpc09 Member ✭✭

I have the same problem. Every month toward the end of the month, several transactions don't download. Today, I reauthorized and Quikcne says the reauthorization failed, even though online Citi said it was fine.

• Marc Auslander

Citi Smart Mastercard also works. I authorized an account with one Citi card and an account with one Citi card and one Costco card.

• wpc09
    wpc09 Member ✭✭

Not working for me currently. None of the solutions work. And I am not offered the option of DirectConnect for Citi. I am manually marking transactions as cleared.

• Marc Auslander

did you really try:

This worked for me. Went into edit account details and cleared the Financial Institution. Ran update. Given a choice of institutions searched for Citi Smart Mastercard. Went through the login/authorize sequence and it worked! Download worked!

• Worked for Citi Costco but not Citi Master Double or Citi Dividend. Should these also be working somehow? How?

• mail4dcm
    mail4dcm Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2

Well, I have verified that this is a Quicken ONLY problem since I signed up for Empower (it is free) just to see and it downloaded all my CITI transactions perfectly so what am I paying for exactly? Poor performance? This has gone on for WAY too long!

• pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭

I talked to citibank overs seas yesterday - she said so sorry no can fix here

• hoebe1
    hoebe1 Member ✭✭

I'm having the same problem as LarryC.

• wernerpels
    wernerpels Member ✭✭✭

The problem continues for me … exactly as commented in these posts!

When will Quicken resolve this very annoying issue?

Werner

• pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭

just like the posters said above use the Citi Costco it worked just now for me, its like two road the driver took the wrong street in this case the programer input the wrong programing line - on this blog now spell checker dosent work

• kmagnush
    kmagnush Member ✭✭

Would appreciate an update from Quicken at least daily….

• Procedure above work for me. Thank you

• After almost a week and several attempts, we finally read the "fix" Dockle mentioned - and it worked.

WHAT IS MOST FRUSTRATING IS THAT QUICKEN DOESN'T PUSH THIS INFORMATION OUT TO USERS AFFECTED BY THIS.

We have literally spent hours trying to correct this.

Even more Frustrating is, since Quicken went to a annual subscription service, our cost of ownership - whoops, I mean usage - has gone up substantially (7xs what our average annual cost use to be - I ran a quicken report! ;)

Same!

• mail4dcm
    mail4dcm Member ✭✭✭

Uh, like, what procedure for what card would be really helpful. I assume it is not a regular CITI card unless you have stumbled upon a actual new procudure.

• Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭

None of these "fixes" work for me. I have a different Citi Card than those mentioned here. Citi says I'm authorized and sends confirmation email every time. Quicken servers keep failing every time. Please fix this already!

• mail4dcm
    mail4dcm Member ✭✭✭

Just to clarify my own posts, the following cards are NOT working:

CITI Rewards
    CITI Simplicity
    CITI Thank You

and have not been working since the 25th of Sept and this is a problem ONLY for Quicken since I have downloaded all my transaction (Pending and Posted) using Empower (free version). Again, it seems I am paying for poor performance and inadequate talent.

• Same issue here, what is the ETA to fix?

This discussion has been closed.