Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future? (213 Legacy Votes +1 Merged Vote)

Options

Comments

• lcendara
    lcendara Member
    Options
    I AGREE with all of the guys asking for a MAC H&B... In that case I will look for another Business Accounting software for my small business... and find a way to stop receiving Quicken's 50% off e-mails... as I have called their Customer Service and all I get is "Sorry we are thinking on doing a H&B version" - I'm NOT interested on buying a Windows for MAC virtual machine to run the current H&B... I had a real SOUR experience on my first MAC Air years ago.. and rather have an accounting software that runs on MAC.
  • abk12345
    abk12345 Member
    Options
    Desperate for an all-in-one software for personal and business - I needed invoicing - can you offer that as an add-on? THANK YOU
  • LMayhem
    LMayhem Member
    Options
    Please, please create a Mac version of Home and Business. Mac ownership is skyrocketing. I switched to Mac 18 months ago. I am running Home & Business on my Mac using a Windows virtual machine and so want to get away from needing that because there are issues where it occasionally crashes and locks up. I will add that is only with Quicken that locks up the VM, not my other Windows program on the Mac.
  • KC31
    KC31 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I used H&B for Windows, but once I switched everything over to Mac, as it made more sense for my creative business, I lost A LOT in Quicken. There are some functions that are absolutely needed for entrepreneurs & small businesses. Over the years, I've kept thinking Quicken would continue to update Mac version to equal Windows version, but that hasn't happened. While working on my taxes, I decided to finally send you my notes.
    1) Invoicing - It's not really Home & BUSINESS without this capability, is it?
    2) Separating Income / Expense in the dropdown Categories list in individual transactions (like in Windows version) is HUGE - & in main list as well, instead of choosing (which you should still be able to do), but put Income on top portion, then start Expense List after that - much easier to get right to it.
    3) I could do Reports with filters for Deposits or Debits in Windows. VERY bad not to have this filter. And you can’t even do it by Category for reason #2. No separation in the dropdown list. HUGE OVERSIGHT
    And a couple of bugs:
    - When I do a search or otherwise leave a window, I want to go back to the same place when I come back into that window. Instead, it takes me to the bottom of the register, every single time, so I have to scroll back up to find where I was. Lots of wasted time there.
    - When I click on an individual transaction in a report to get to it in the register, sometimes it doesn’t go to that exact transaction & have to repeat the action 2 or 3 times.

Thanks for a good product. It does seem it's lagging way behind what it should be capable of in Mac at this point, though, since it's been out for a good while now. Please do some of these major updates.
  • Lynn Irish
    Options
    I see this request has been out here for 6 years! As someone pointed out, Mac computers are at a high sales rate. Not sure why you can't add this feature? At least if we purchase the Mac Version, we should also have access to the Windows version. I've been a quicken user from the beginning. 2006 Quicken looks a lot like Quickbooks. Sorry you lost your best programmers when you sold out. Very frustrating for your long time users of Turbo Tax and Quicken. I was trying to use the Mobile App to photograph receipts and sync with my latest Premier version, but so far I have had no luck getting my Quicken Mobile app and quicken Premier version to sync. Sad
  • heason
    heason Member
    Options
    > @"Quicken Marcus" said:
    > Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

This is the only reason I have still been running Windows in Parallels on my Mac for the past 7 years. Once Quicken Home & Business is available for Mac, I can finally kiss Windows goodbye altogether.
  • FCruz
    FCruz Member
    Options
    You guys have added plenty of new functionality to Quicken Mac - great improvements, thanks! - BUT PLEASE don't prioritize adding more other features just to match Quicken Windows before you add H&B to Quicken Mac!!! Windows users are NOT the only ones needing basic biz accounting tools!!! Don't make Mac users the "needy step-children" of Windows users. No way I will ever go back to a PC (20+ years), nor to QuickBooks. So do consider putting H&B on your front burner . . .
  • Levanah10
    Levanah10 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @heason said:
    >
    > This is the only reason I have still been running Windows in Parallels on my Mac for the past 7 years. > Once Quicken Home & Business is available for Mac, I can finally kiss Windows goodbye altogether.

*Me too*. I have a Parallels WinXP VM running ONLY to be able to continue using Quicken H&B 2001 for my business account... which requires entering all transactions by hand...<sigh> I'd switch that account to QMac in an instant if I could.
  • jharle
    jharle Member ✭✭
    Options
    I work in the IT industry as an independent contractor. We are seeing more and more of our business clients purchasing Mac's. We are also all Mac users at our company. Could you please just make a Home & Business version for Mac? It's more likely that a business can afford to purchase a Mac than an individual. I would think that Quicken would be more on top of this.
  • QuickAnt
    QuickAnt Member ✭✭
    Options
    From Quicken's perspective, the demand for a MacOS version of Home and Business is probably skewed because people that absolutely need it are resorting to a Parallels VM with Windows. I'd rather not. Please consider Home and Business for MacOS.
  • abcdmath
    abcdmath Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, please provide a Mac version of Home and Business. I have been using Quicken on my Mac since 1989. I have just started a business and REALLY need this Business version. I don’t have Parallels. I don’t do PC. Please listen to us who support your company for so many years. Why is this so hard for Quicken to do?
  • pmfleck
    pmfleck Member ✭✭
    Options
    Clearly I am not alone in my quest for a Home & Business for Mac version, given the previous comments. Apple users make up a huge percentage of Quicken for Mac users; time for Quicken to pay more attention to us. I was directed by "Jake the Geek" to this discussion feed to add my interest; so here you go.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Make sure you add your vote, in addition to any comments, by going to the first page of the Idea thread, locating the yellow box with the vet counter, and clicking the little dark gray arrow under the counter. (If the arrow is light gray, it signifies that you have already voted for this topic.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Member
    Options
    YES, Quicken needs to get up to date with a H&B Mac version. I won't touch a PC ever again.
  • GracieSports
    Options
    Please, make it happen!!!
  • pmiyasaki
    Options
    I’ve been waiting for years for Quicken to come out with a Home and Business for Mac version. I use a PC only to run Quicken H&B and the PC is so old it is ready to die.
  • AKSapper
    AKSapper Member ✭✭
    Options
    YES--Please bring H&B to the Mac! Perhaps Quicken could use a hybrid model where data and processing is done on the cloud (Quicken's servers) and the Mac H&B software is either partially or totally reflecting data from the cloud. This would make Mac H&B both Intel and M1/2 chip agnostic...and might even support multiple computer and phone/tablet/device operating systems for multiple applications.
  • Hello All,
    Our Mac product team is researching the development of a Home & Business version for Quicken Mac--if you would like to add your feedback, please fill out the survey on the post here.
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • AMKinOz
    AMKinOz Member
    Options
    May I ask what is the best way to run Quicken Home and Business on a Mac? I understand I can install Parallels, however, I understand that with the new M1/M2 chips, it will be an ARM version of Windows 11 that will be installed. Does the Windows version of Home and Business install into that operating system? Many thanks. All my children’s computers are changing to Macs and I’m the last holding out…
  • jacobs
    Options
    Yes, you can run Parallels with he ARM version of Windows 11, and run Quicken Windows in that virtual machine. 
  • Luke Smith
    Options
    Voting for Quicken Home & Business for Mac
  • jacobs
    edited February 2023
    Options
    For anyone who has posted in this thread that you want to see a Mac version of a Home & Business level for Quicken Mac, the developers are seeking your input!

Many of the comments in this thread simply say "I want Mac Home & Business" and "Me, too!" The developers are signaling they want to create something, but it may not exactly mirror the old Windows Home & Business. Or maybe it will — but they need to understand what business features people want and need. Read and reply to this new post by the Quicken Mac product manager asking for your to provide details of the features you want! (Don't post in this thread; post in the linked thread.)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs interesting that they have opened a thread for this.  I remember not too long ago they posted a survey.  I think the thread will be better since a survey sort implies they already know what to implement and unless they have an "other" section.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    @jacobs interesting that they have opened a thread for this.  I remember not too long ago they posted a survey.  I think the thread will be better since a survey sort implies they already know what to implement and unless they have an "other" section.
    The survey on this site was actually asking people who were interested to sign up for a 30 minute phone chat about what they'd be looking for in a business version; I suspect that may have scared a lot of people off and they didn't get enough data. There were also survey questions to beta testers about business functionality, and some Quicken Mac users have received an email survey on future features which included some business software questions. I know the Quicken Mac product manager has read through this whole long thread and found lots of people saying "yes!" but not a lot of specifics that would help them define/assess/plan a feature set to develop. I don't think they're looking to validate something they've already decided on; I think they're legitimately trying to figure out what features people feel they need or want. As you know, the Windows product is old and has tons of nooks and crannies which were developed over many years, and I'm sure the Mac team has no interest in using that as a blueprint for what to build simply because it already exists; they want to figure out what the largest number of users really need, so if/when they embark on building it, they start with the core features most users need. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs thanks.  Not being a Quicken Mac user, I didn't follow the survey link to see exactly what it was.

I totally agree with what you have said.  As a programmer I would find this whole thread very frustrating given that there isn't anything in about what to implement other than to imply that they want what is in Quicken Windows.  I think that is a mistake, especially for starting.  For some reason people believe that you can introduce a complicated feature set like this all at once.  But what really has to be done is find the "core uses" and the need infrastructure for future features and implement that first.

What I find really strange about this is the timing.  They marked this "Planned" in 2016.  You would have thought that one would have done such research long ago.
    Signature:
  • jacobs
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    What I find really strange about this is the timing.  They marked this "Planned" in 2016.  You would have thought that one would have done such research long ago.
    No, this thread was marked as "New" for most of the time since it was created back in 2016. It was changed to
    "Under Consideration" in December 2020. It was only changed to "Planned" quite recently, just last month.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs, Oh, I could have sworn it had been marked planned long ago.  Well, then it makes more sense now.
    Signature:
  • MJulia
    MJulia Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I do not have this yet, what is preventing me is because I'm a Mac user. Quicken Home and business has the features I want. I run a very small business with independent contractors and we have rentals.
  • jacobs
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @MJulia A moderator has moved your post to this very long running thread requesting Home & Business functionality for the Mac. the good news, if you jump to page 1 of this thread is that you'll see this functionality is now marked as "Planned" by the developers. Of course, we don't know what it will look like, or when it will become available. (But not soon, as it's still in the planning stage.)

I'd also like to refer you to this recent thread from the Quicken Mac product manager asking people who want business features in Quicken Mac to explain what features they want/need (e.g. invoicing, rental property management, etc., not "like Quicken Windows"). You should add your vote, and especially your comments, to that thread. The developers are looking for as many details as possible, so they create something which will meet the needs of users. Add your input!