There should be a way to increase the number of files shown in the recent file list

Harold-JrHarold-Jr Member ✭✭
Under files, there is a list limited to 4 of recent files.  A search reveals that this is hard coded, but was also a request made 6 years ago and repeated 5 years ago.  It seems like a simple request and should be under preferences.
4 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• QuickenUserDCQuickenUserDC Member
    edited November 2018

I too would like to see the Most Recently Used (MRU) list expanded.

I find it helpful when I do testing of various features because I will access a number of data files to work with..

However, I suspect that the vast majority of users rarely use more than two data files and certainly not more than four.

What that means is that I suspect that Quicken gets so few requests for this idea that it never makes it to the 'To Be Implemented' list and I don't expect that to change.

To everyone that would like this, make sure to VOTE on this post. Just adding a comment is not enough. You need to click on the vote button to register your vote (And this goes for all ideas, not just this one).

• Don KameDon Kame Member
    edited November 2018
    I've been hoping for this feature for a LONG time!  Seems simple enough to extend an array and write a few more lines in the file menu module...
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Right click on the Quicken icon in the taskbar to get a some extensive list of recent files:

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Howard24Howard24 Member ✭✭
    Here here. This has been on my wish list for 5 years. PLEASE MAKE THE MRU LIST LONGER THAN 4. Or, at least make it a variable in QUSER.INI