Quicken for Mac 2015 v2.9 Release

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Roy said:

Tried to update last night due to the dire warnings and impending deadlines.  I had to change my password to conform to new standards.  All seemed well until I tried to re-enter.  My data file is gone.  It is nowhere on my computer.  Moreover, the new password nor the old one is recognized.  What a total mess!  As I write this, I've been on chat for over 4 hours and still not response.  As someone who's used Quicken for 20 years, and has been a beta tester for them in the past, this is unbelievable.

The file is gone.  It is not to be found using Spotlight or Alfred.  Luckily I had a time machine backup copy.  When I relaunched Quicken and went to recent it was a blank dummy file as if I were a brand new customer starting from zero.   The pop up sign-in screen was showing just behind the log-in screenwhen I tried to log in and is the same warning file on your website about the 9/30 deadline.

I was able to open my copy of Quicken and went through the same routine with Create a new account and create new password.  I was sent a 2 factor authentication text message.  When I completed that, I tried to log in with the new password.  I got the same create a new account and a second text message.  This happened a third time before I got into my account.   When I exited, and tried to log in, Quicken said my password wasn't right.

Something is very wrong here and I don't how to resolve this.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Roy said:

Tried to update last night due to the dire warnings and impending deadlines.  I had to change my password to conform to new standards.  All seemed well until I tried to re-enter.  My data file is gone.  It is nowhere on my computer.  Moreover, the new password nor the old one is recognized.  What a total mess!  As I write this, I've been on chat for over 4 hours and still not response.  As someone who's used Quicken for 20 years, and has been a beta tester for them in the past, this is unbelievable.

I updated and changed my password as required. Now my transactions won't download. Is the Quicken ID something different? What do I do?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

This release has completely borked the Status field. All my previous "blue dots" that indicated a reviewed item are clear. I can't change the status of any of the items.

Marcus, that’s one case. I also need to be able to change a transaction from reviewed to not reviewed, and vice versa, which I can’t do either. I’m guessing there must be a boolean flag being set that is only set after a sync, which then unlocks these capabilities. Thanks for your help.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

This release has completely borked the Status field. All my previous "blue dots" that indicated a reviewed item are clear. I can't change the status of any of the items.

Looks like it's also an issue in non-syncable (i.e. Cash) accounts. So there must be some sort of flag that is not getting initialized or set properly. Should hopefully be an easy fix. 2.9.2 please! :)
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

BTW, you have one small mistake...you reference Version *3.6...you probably mean 2.9 ;-).

In fact the more I read this, the more it looks like a lot of details for QM2016 Release notes. Is that intentional?

Thx. I try to be.

Sounds like you have merged/replaced the code base so you have only one between them. Interesting, and makes sense, so that changes are much easier to implement and if I understand correctly, presumably any change/fix can be performed once but propagated to all versions as applicable.

Did you do the same with QM2017 code base and QM2016 so all 3 versions share the same common base (turning off features as applicable) or is this just between QM2015 and QM2016? 

It would be good to know by SUs from a support perspective and it would shed light on future observations.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I update to 2.9 and all looked good except in my checking account there was no info in the balance column. It was fine in all other accounts, credit card, savings, etc. I reset the filters, didn't work, closed & opened Quicken app. Not sure what I ended up doing but it finally showed balance.

Maybe the register was not sorted by date?

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Roy said:

@Roy, see if this FAQ helps you track down your file:

Location of Data File created/stored for Quicken for Mac

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

BTW, you have one small mistake...you reference Version *3.6...you probably mean 2.9 ;-).

In fact the more I read this, the more it looks like a lot of details for QM2016 Release notes. Is that intentional?

In comparing QM2016 and QM2015, I see some other differences in the Release Notes. If the code is supposed to be essentially the same app, can you please confirm if the following are actually now part of QM2015?

(Not only are there a plethora of fixes but throughout there are new features too (all gleaned from the QM2016 Release Notes)! If they did make it in, a lot of QM2015 users would want to be made aware.)
    • IMPROVED: Added a new built-in screenshare capability that will allow a Quicken Care agent to see your screen while helping you through an issue if you approve of this service.
    • FIXED: Fixed a crash that would occur when completing reconcile after using the Start Fresh feature.
     We fixed a number of investment issues:
    • BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where the Portfolio View displayed the entered date and not the acquisition date for Added Shares.
    • BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where downloaded investment transactions weren't being marked as cleared.
    • BUG FIX: Fixed the investment day change value so that it resets at midnight.
    • BUG FIX: Fixed a Short Sell reporting issue where an expired Buy to Cover wouldn't appear correctly in the Tax Schedule report and Realized Gain view.
    • BUG FIX: Fixed how Return of Capital is handled across multiple lots.
     We continue to make improvements and stability fixes throughout Quicken:
    • BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where hidden accounts were accidentally unhidden.
    • BUG FIX: Fixed an issue where an account's currency setting was being changed to US Dollars after syncing or updating accounts.
    • BUG FIX: Fixed a hang that occurred when trying to do an Update All after entering Intuit ID credentials.
    • BUG FIX: Fixed a crash that occurred in the Edit Budget screen.
    • BUG FIX: Fixed a crash that occurred in the Reconcile screen.
    • Made a number of small customer-requested changes in other parts of Quicken.

• NEW: "Tiny" Register Row option.  This allows you to see more lines in your register.
    • We also made a number of bug fixes.
      • BUG FIX: Fixed a calculation error in % Day Change values in portfolio view.
      • BUG FIX: Fixed an issue in the calendar view running balance where today or overdue bill reminders were not being included in the balance calculation.
      • CRASH: Fixed a crash that could occur when undoing a check number change.
      • SOLUTION: Figured out an issue reported on Quicken Live community where reports were appearing on app launch causing Quicken to hang.  This would occur when some Payee names were blank which should never happen.   Go to Quicken Live Community and search for "opens extra windows" to read more and to get a tool to fix the issue.   (Thanks to Beaune and pauldv172 for posting the question and helping to figure out the issue.)    
    •  Big and Small Improvements
      • Improvement: Added a today button to the calendar picker and updated the look.
      • Improvement: Fixed an issue where some date fields were too narrow for Canadian date format.
      • Improvement: Increased the number of places today’s gain/loss number could be.  This will help our wealthiest customers. 
    •  Improved Stability
      • Bug Fix: Fixed an auto-matching issue that would pick the wrong manually entered transaction after downloading bank information if there was a similar older transaction.  (Thanks to Pearl who went out of her way to work with us to solve the issue).
      • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where categories weren’t being saved if the transaction was edited in the All Accounts view.
      • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where transactions were not being auto-categorized for some Direct Connect accounts.
      • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where scrolling would break and 2 arrows would appear if opening a register drop down at the bottom of the screen.
      • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the change PIN dialog wouldn't appear even after the financial institution notified Quicken to display the dialog.
      • Bug Fix: Fixed a weird scrolling anomaly where the toolbar appears over the latest transaction when sorted in ascending order.
      • Crash: Fixed the #1 crash in 3.2.1 which could occur when tabbing in and out of the Tag field.
      • Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur when updating a Direct Connect account.
      • Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur when editing a security name in the securities list.
      • Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur when enabling and disabling alerts.
      • Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur when opening and closing the Account Setup screen multiple times from different locations.
       improvements
    •  Investments
      • Calculation correction to adjust bond face values to align with Quicken Windows
      • Cash Balances now appear in Portfolio View for cash-only investing accounts
      • Links in Portfolio View now display the Security Detail properly
    •  General
      • Added better hot-key support for Dates (W, K, M, H, Y and R)
      • Fixed an OS-specific problem that prevented Reprint Checks from actually printing the checks
    •  Download Quality Fixes
      • Fixed a number of issues that could result in duplicate transactions when switching connection methods (Thanks to J Eiechorn, M. Vitulli, T. Swingle, muddiwater and many others). For example:

• Switching from a Quicken Connect to Direct Connect.
        • Switching from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect.
        • Importing a QFX file and then connecting via Quicken Connect.

• "Clean up payees" preference is now respected for Quicken Connect accounts (Thanks to Beta tester, kbw4)
      • Fixed an issue where transaction download could time out before completing.

• Fixed an issue where some customers saw a “generic error” when attempting to download.

• Fixed an issue where some customers received “Error 185” even after entering correct credentials to an MFA challenge.

• Fixed an issue where customers of Direct Connect banks that require a PIN change on first use were being prompted to change their PIN more than once.
    •  And more Fixes
      • Reconcile Starting and Ending Balance no longer defaults to a negative number.

• Note that you should always enter whole numbers (no negative signs) even in Credit Card accounts. Using a negative number will make it impossible to reconcile properly. Big thanks to all of you that brought this to our attention.

• Scheduled Transactions should now match to downloaded transactions!

• Fixed an issue where Reinvest Dividend transaction totals were inflated in the exported TurboTax (.TXF) file (thanks to gNeil and JM in Quicken Live Community).
      • Fixed an issue where account values could mysteriously disappear in the sidebar (thanks Beta tester, ctquinn).
      • Fixed an issue where Today's Gain/Loss amount on All Investments Portfolio view was inaccurate because it did not include all accounts. (Thanks to Beta Tester, cowgs)
      • Fixed an issue where past due Scheduled Transactions did not always display in the Calendar.
      • Fixed an issue where the Import option for Quicken Essentials files was not working properly.
      • Fixed an issue where Opening a Quicken Essentials backup didn’t always perform the correct setup steps.
      • Fixed an issue where importing a Quicken 2007 account could result in transactions going to wrong register.
      • Fixed an issue where shares for Option transactions could be incorrectly calculated.
      • Fixed an issue where importing an Investment QFX file could result in only placeholder transactions being imported.
      • Fixed an issue with the display of Investing quotes "Last Updated"  time on the Portfolio view.
      • Fixed an issue where Day Change on the Portfolio view showed in the wrong color if the account had a negative balance.
      • Fixed an issue where Day Change and Today's Gain/Loss amounts on the Portfolio view were not getting updated if two securities had the same ticker.
      • Added a feature that allows you to revert to the original Payee Names provided by your financial institution. This will change any “cleaned up” Payee Names supplied by Quicken (or any name you entered manually) back to the original Payee Name sent by your financial institution. To use this feature:
        • Select one or more transactions in your register.
        • Control Click on the selected transaction(s) and choose "Revert to Downloaded Payee Name” from the contextual menu.
      • Fixed an issue that prevented Quicken from importing certain Quicken 2007 files. Quicken could crash and/or display a message that said “An error occurred while preparing the file to be imported”. Customers that experienced this error should now be able to import their 2007 file.
      • Fixed an issue where Quicken could crash after editing a transaction in the register.
      • Fixed issues where downloading or syncing could show errors 500, 502, 503, or 504.
      • Fixed an issue where switching a Wells Fargo account from Quicken Connect to Direct Connect could show error 409.
      • Fixed an issue where future-dated investment transactions were incorrectly affecting portfolio and market value calculations.
      • Fixed an issue where the Net Worth Over Time and Spending Over Time reports sometimes didn’t show the final month if a custom date range was selected.
      • Fixed an issue where the footer of a printed report or register would be upside down when using OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
      • Fixed an issue where new transactions downloaded in Quicken Connect accounts for an existing payee didn’t always use the category that had been used in the past for that payee.
      • Fixed an issue where MiscExpX transactions imported from a Quicken Windows file were always uncategorized.
      • Fixed an issue where accounts could sometimes be incorrectly renamed during mobile sync or when downloading a Quicken Connect account.
      • Added an “FI Id” register column that displays the FITID of a transaction for troubleshooting purposes. Choose the View > Columns (...) > FI Id menu item to make it visible.
      • Removed the amount displayed in the top-right corner of the register when viewing the Spending or Income tabs to avoid confusion. The amount was labeled “Net Worth” but the calculation was more complicated than that.
      • Quicken will no longer show the “Alerts” item in the sidebar if mobile sync is disabled.
      • For new accounts, Quicken will no longer recalculate the opening balance adjustment if transactions are added with the same date as the date on which the initial download and balance calculation occurred.
      • Added a tooltip for opening balance adjustment transactions to describe how the adjustment amount is calculated. Adding, deleting, or modifying transactions dated prior to the date reported in the tooltip will recalculate the adjustment amount.
      • Alert notifications (“High Spending” etc) now have a “Close All” button to close all alerts.
      • When editing a transaction, you can now type “Transfer” in the Check #column to configure the transaction as a Direct Connect transfer.
      • Updated the product tour that’s shown the first time you open Quicken
      • Quicken will now switch to “Overview” (instead of “All Accounts”) after creating a new document
      • Signing in to an existing Intuit ID is now the default option (instead of creating a new Intuit ID) if you have ever entered an Intuit ID in Quicken before
      • Updated the Quicken Windows conversion instructions
      • Fixed an issue where the Quicken Windows converter (running in Windows) was unable to open a Quicken file
      • Fixed an issue where canceling a bill payment could report that the transaction was damaged
      • Fixed a crash that could occur when making a transfer between a savings and checking account
      • Fixed a crash that could occur when adding a subcategory with colon characters in its name

• Heidi O.
    Heidi O. Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

I just updated to v2.9 yesterday and am now having the same issue with the transaction reviewed/not reviewed feature. It is not marking them correctly and I have no ability to manually adjust. Has this bug been fixed?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    After upgrading and completing my first reconcile, the upcoming bills no longer show--even though it is set to show upcoming transactions for 90 days. This is only on the account that I have reconciled. The other account the upcoming transactions show up. What can I do?
  • Bruce Nelson
    Bruce Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I update to 2.9 and all looked good except in my checking account there was no info in the balance column. It was fine in all other accounts, credit card, savings, etc. I reset the filters, didn't work, closed & opened Quicken app. Not sure what I ended up doing but it finally showed balance.

smayer97, you may be right. Now again there is no balance numbers showing in the balance column in my check account only. Also it wasn't showing any future scheduled transactions. All other accounts were fine. I clicked on the attachments column, then clicked on the date column and the balance showed up again. Not sure what happened for the balance to disappear again. If the balance disappears again I will click the date column first. Now to figure why it gets out of date sequence.

Thanks Quicken Marcus for responding to my first post.

What is up with these orange pencils? I do not do any downloads, only manual entries.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My update to Version 2.9.1 (Build 29.14491.100) has not gone well. I am missing about two year's data, which corresponds to my update to Quicken 15 from Quicken Essentials. How do I recover the missing data?

I think it may relate to my old Intuit ID. I don't think that transition went well. I got into a loop where I kept getting repeated confirmation numbers sent to me. Does Intuit have my most recent data?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Tried to get this update going today, I'm not getting anywhere with this.  First error is:  "An error occurred during persistent store migration".  OK, how do I fix that?  Next error I get is: "The document xxx.quicken2015 could not be opened.  Then it goes nowhere. Does nothing.  I have a window that has the official "I'm working" spinning thingy that says opening file.  Been doing that for an hour.   
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Tried to get this update going today, I'm not getting anywhere with this.  First error is:  "An error occurred during persistent store migration".  OK, how do I fix that?  Next error I get is: "The document xxx.quicken2015 could not be opened.  Then it goes nowhere. Does nothing.  I have a window that has the official "I'm working" spinning thingy that says opening file.  Been doing that for an hour.   

See if this FAQ helps: How to try to resolve a "persistent store"-related error

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

updated and now i can not update my online accounts in this new version. just does nothing. why oh why do i do this upgrade stuff.

I updated my Quicken 2015 for Mac to version 2.9.2.  Now the update function doesn't work at all: neither command-u nor command-shift-u! Gee, thanks! Great update! How do I fix this? And yes, I created a new Quicken ID!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Updated to 2.9.1. and now the window opens & then comes "the spinning ball of death". Frozen. Must force quit. Don't get a screen asking to update ID.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

After upgrading and completing my first reconcile, the upcoming bills no longer show--even though it is set to show upcoming transactions for 90 days. This is only on the account that I have reconciled. The other account the upcoming transactions show up. What can I do?

Also the balances are not shown--only on the account I reconciled. I have no idea how much money is in the account!!!! I need a fix for this quickly! Thank you!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

My running balance is not showing....whats up...how do i get it back?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

When I updated, suddenly I could no longer connect to my 403(b) account at Voya.  It sent me an error message, so I deactivated, then tried to reactivate, and was told Quicken can't connect to Voya.  Please help!

As of this morning, I can now connect to my Voya account.  But now after reading all these posts, I am very wary of updating to 2.9.2.
  • Bruce Nelson
    Bruce Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

I had the same issue. Try clicking on the date column once or twice. That seamed to bring it all back. However I did have to do that again when I opened it later.
  • Bruce Nelson
    Bruce Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

Try clicking on the date column to resort it. That worked for me. However, I have had to do it again when I opened it up again.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

ALL my data in Quicken Mac 2017 is hosed now.  All sorts of transaction links broken.  Everything was fine until this update.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Updated to 2.9.2.  Now it won't download transactions from Wellsfargo.  Gives error "Partial Download -29"
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thank you Bruce Nelson... that did it. And that also fixed the upcoming transactions--they now show. I wonder if it will be corrected?
  • Bruce Nelson
    Bruce Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

I hope so. Glad it worked for you.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

My update to Version 2.9.1 (Build 29.14491.100) has not gone well. I am missing about two year's data, which corresponds to my update to Quicken 15 from Quicken Essentials. How do I recover the missing data?

I think it may relate to my old Intuit ID. I don't think that transition went well. I got into a loop where I kept getting repeated confirmation numbers sent to me. Does Intuit have my most recent data?

Problem solved!

During the update process I had pointed Quicken to the old Quicken Essentials data and not to my current Quicken 2015 data. This was my mistake, but I also think better instructions would have made clear where the correct data file was located.

Then, I found my last good backup and used Quicken's command: "File > Restore from Backup". Quicken took me through the conversion and ID process again. After it was over I was relieved to see all my numbers intact!

To locate your current data file open Quicken and control-click on the Q icon at the top of the window.

For the location of your backups use "Help > Show Backups in Finder" in Quicken.
  • jdmcmah
    jdmcmah Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

Marcus,

I have the same situation as Saty. I cannot clear the orange pencil for manually entered transactions. 

Unfortunately, Quicken does not always download my transactions. It was mildly annoying but because I could always mark the few missed transactions manually, it wasn't a big deal.

I would like to be able to clear the orange pencils... even if they don't match a transaction.

Thank you
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I updated to 2.9.2.  Quicken won't allow me to download any transaction.  I get the following error message - An error occurred during your online banking update.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Unfortunately this did not help me.  Looks like I'll be contacting support.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Updated to 2.9.1. and now the window opens & then comes "the spinning ball of death". Frozen. Must force quit. Don't get a screen asking to update ID.

Got a business to run. Can anyone offer some guidance?
This discussion has been closed.