Quicken for Mac 2015 v2.9 Release

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The Balance on one of my Checking account Columns no longer shows any numbers since the Update.  Other accounts do. The Column is still there. Have no idea how to fix.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

The Balance on one of my Checking account Columns no longer shows any numbers since the Update.  Other accounts do. The Column is still there. Have no idea how to fix.

Try clicking the head for the Date column to force a re-sort. If that fails, please read this FAQ for more options: How do I see the running balance?

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Tried to get this update going today, I'm not getting anywhere with this.  First error is:  "An error occurred during persistent store migration".  OK, how do I fix that?  Next error I get is: "The document xxx.quicken2015 could not be opened.  Then it goes nowhere. Does nothing.  I have a window that has the official "I'm working" spinning thingy that says opening file.  Been doing that for an hour.   

you say, "I finally had to revert back to old version of Quicken, use a backup file from 10 days ago." what do you mean you reverted to an old version? where did you get an old version. from a disk? Please advise.
    I'm getting the sense from your post that they have reworked the upgrade. and if we start from scratch it might now work, is that what you are saying?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

New issue....   Trying to reconcile using statement balance method.  I have ~5 transactions on my paper statement, that are clearly marked as cleared in Quicken, that do not show up in the to be reconciled screen.  This is causing out of balance account.  (I always reconcile each item on my statement)

The 5 transactions are all manual entries for various Credit Card payments (4 different Companies), and are setup as transfers as they are paying into another account.  I have similar transactions pointing to other accounts that I did not encounter this issue.   I have tried to unclear and remark as cleared but that did not fix.  None of these transactions have a pencil as they were all marked as reviewed and cleared prior to upgrade.

I believe I have had the same issue. I tried three times to reach someone on chat where the projected time was 26 minutes yet hours later, still no rep connected to me.

So I tried some things on my own and I found something that seemed to have worked. I don't recall if it was the same solution each time or my trial and error that paid off.  I tried creating a new transaction, duplicating what was already there and I could then reconcile that one.  I deleted the original after that.  In another case I have to shift the dates forward or backward to get it in the right range.  I have also had some times where the "quicken balance" is showing as of the day prior and I think this may be why I couldn't see the transactions that were there and cleared yet not showing up. Seems like bugs to me but Quicken probably won't agree. I hope one of those works for you.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Since updating to 2.9.2 when I download transactions from my bank it's not downloading the latest transactions only the previous days.  An example is I download this morning 10/7 and I have transactions that cleared today but they don't download to quicken I only get anything from 10/6 and before.  Also when I go to reconcile the date that shows the last time it was updated was yesterday 10/6 and not today.  If I click continue the Quicken balance doesn't match what the online balance showed on the previous screen.  If I download the transactions on a day that I don't have any new activity then everything lines up an I'm able to reconcile fine but it's rare that I have days where there's no new transactions on my bank statement.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Tried to get this update going today, I'm not getting anywhere with this.  First error is:  "An error occurred during persistent store migration".  OK, how do I fix that?  Next error I get is: "The document xxx.quicken2015 could not be opened.  Then it goes nowhere. Does nothing.  I have a window that has the official "I'm working" spinning thingy that says opening file.  Been doing that for an hour.   

okay it works. I'm on a MAC and have Q 2015. THE KEY WAS TO GET up before 7am. hit the button to get in line at support. quickie shower. the agent was there in about 10 minutes. turned out the answer was in Quicken, to go to troubleshooting and deactivate downloads.Quit Quicken. go to applications>utilities>keychain access and erase all quicken files in keychain, including Quicken ID Manager. restart Quicken. you have to remember the passwords you had previously used at your bank/institution. set up downloads again. works okay. everything updated. Now I can brush my teeth. goodluck.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options

Since updating to 2.9.2 when I download transactions from my bank it's not downloading the latest transactions only the previous days.  An example is I download this morning 10/7 and I have transactions that cleared today but they don't download to quicken I only get anything from 10/6 and before.  Also when I go to reconcile the date that shows the last time it was updated was yesterday 10/6 and not today.  If I click continue the Quicken balance doesn't match what the online balance showed on the previous screen.  If I download the transactions on a day that I don't have any new activity then everything lines up an I'm able to reconcile fine but it's rare that I have days where there's no new transactions on my bank statement.

Kevin, what is the Quicken connection method (Accounts > Settings) you use to connect to your bank? If it is Direct Connect, then Quicken is login you into your bank in real-time to download transactions, so you should have the absolute latest from your bank. But if, as I suspect from your description, it is Quicken Connect, then a Quicken server once a day (usually at night) logs into your bank asa proxy for you and downloads your transactions, and when you open Quicken, you're downloading those transactions from he Quicken server. As a result, with Quicken Connect, your downloads include only what your bank had posted as of the last time the Quicken server connected to it (typically sometime overnight the previous night). That would be why you don't have today's transactions.

You can check to serif your bank supports Direct Connect, and switch to it if it is available. Just be aware that some banks charge their customers a monthly fee for Direct Connect access and some don't.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

okay it works. I'm on a MAC and have Q 2015. THE KEY WAS TO GET up before 7am. hit the button to get in line at support. quickie shower. the agent was there in about 10 minutes. turned out the answer was in Quicken, to go to troubleshooting and deactivate downloads.Quit Quicken. go to applications>utilities>keychain access and erase all quicken files in keychain, including Quicken ID Manager. restart Quicken. you have to remember the passwords you had previously used at your bank/institution. set up downloads again. works okay. everything updated. Now I can brush my teeth. goodluck.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Updated to 2.9.2.  Now it won't download transactions from Wellsfargo.  Gives error "Partial Download -29"

I'm on a MAC and have Q 2015. THE KEY WAS TO GET up before 7am. hit the button to get in line at support. quickie shower. the agent was there in about 10 minutes. turned out the answer was in Quicken, to go to troubleshooting and deactivate downloads.Quit Quicken. go to applications>utilities>keychain access and erase all quicken files in keychain, including Quicken ID Manager. restart Quicken. you have to remember the passwords you had previously used at your bank/institution. set up downloads again. works okay. everything updated.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I updated just now and use two computers.  A desktop Mac and a Mac Book and now all of the numbers are different  They used to communicate with each other, sort of of a last used dominant.  Whichever one I used last and did an update after I shut down the other one wold follow suit.  Now the two don't even communicate.  It's as if I now have two quicken accounts that I have to constantly update, meaning, I'm relegated to just one computer now.  
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options

I updated just now and use two computers.  A desktop Mac and a Mac Book and now all of the numbers are different  They used to communicate with each other, sort of of a last used dominant.  Whichever one I used last and did an update after I shut down the other one wold follow suit.  Now the two don't even communicate.  It's as if I now have two quicken accounts that I have to constantly update, meaning, I'm relegated to just one computer now.  

Quicken has never supported multiple users on a single data file like you describe. (I'm not saying you didn't have it working that way, just that it's not supported.) Where is the data file that both computers are/were using. If it's in a cloud service, that's what's a real no-no with Quicken Mac. Quicken really requires the data file to be local on each machine. If you are using the data from iCloud or Dropbox, you run the significant risk of corrupting your data file at some point. If *is* okay to compress a copy of your data file and move it to the other computer via a cloud service, but this means taking a few extra steps to pass the file back and forth. Or if you were doing it via Quicken mobile, that's also not supported as a way to sync two different desktop systems.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "did an update after I shut down," so it's not clear to me how you were set up before. But the only way that I know of that's safe to have two computers which share int he use of a Quicken file is to compress it and move it (via flash drive, file sharing, or cloud storage) from one machine to the other, manually keeping track of which computer has the most current file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

The other safe way is remote access...

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I update to 2.9 and all looked good except in my checking account there was no info in the balance column. It was fine in all other accounts, credit card, savings, etc. I reset the filters, didn't work, closed & opened Quicken app. Not sure what I ended up doing but it finally showed balance.

Like Mr. Nelson, our checking account balance is missing and there are no scheduled transactions showing
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

BTW, you have one small mistake...you reference Version *3.6...you probably mean 2.9 ;-).

In fact the more I read this, the more it looks like a lot of details for QM2016 Release notes. Is that intentional?

Me too!
    So its not solved?
    I have not been able to use mobile app and the sync with online bank is not responding.
    pray for fix.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

After installing the update,  during the "updating your Quicken data" I am getting an error saying that a backup couldn't be copied because I do not have permission to access "backups".  It seems every time there is an update there are issues and I send all day fixing it to where the product works.  This is so frustrating.

Issue are slightly different, but could be cloud issue?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

updated and now i can not update my online accounts in this new version. just does nothing. why oh why do i do this upgrade stuff.

Ditto!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

This release has completely borked the Status field. All my previous "blue dots" that indicated a reviewed item are clear. I can't change the status of any of the items.

This explains it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Overall, this update has been great!

One minor issue though - the transaction download count on several checking, savings, and credit card accounts will continue to show "1 new transaction" even though there aren't any for several days. The count is apparently not resetting to zero when there are no transactions downloaded.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have had reconciliation errors/issues off and on since this release and now my American Express Credit card accounts will not synchronize.  I can access via the web no problem.  tried entering the credentials back in on the odd chance there was some corruption.  Spent nearly 1.5 hours with support via chat where the rep went from, I assure you we will resolve this today to it must be your bank's issue.  In the process, we backed up, started fresh, imported the accounts and tried to reconnect.  Now other accounts won't sync with quicken's servers either.  Say one bank has an issue and it on their end, ok.  How about when 3, 4, 5 different banks all can't connect?  Somehow it is all their fault and nothing to do with quicken!  I have been using some form of this product since the early 90's on PC and now Mac.  I am looking for another alternative now, because I think I really have hit the final wall.  This transition has not gone well at all. Rant over.
  • Speedbump55
    Speedbump55 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Be careful to save a backup of your Quicken 2015 files before a download and install of the 2.9.2 update. All accounts worked fine after I installed 2.9.2, but the checking account.  I could not reconcile the account and the data was way off. I spent two chat sessions trying rectify the issue, but the agents I worked with were clueless on what to do. I finally gave up on a quick fix solution to the issues with the checking account and trashed it. I manually reinterred a year of checking account data to bring things back up to date. It is strange that the only account update affected was the one account that I don't download transactions from my bank.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Updated to Quicken for Mac 2015 v. 2.9.2 but lost all categories assigned to transactions from mid July 2017.  It seems like the most recent download overwrote all the transactions since mid July.  Prior to that download I had downloaded data two weeks prior.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Be careful to save a backup of your Quicken 2015 files before a download and install of the 2.9.2 update. All accounts worked fine after I installed 2.9.2, but the checking account.  I could not reconcile the account and the data was way off. I spent two chat sessions trying rectify the issue, but the agents I worked with were clueless on what to do. I finally gave up on a quick fix solution to the issues with the checking account and trashed it. I manually reinterred a year of checking account data to bring things back up to date. It is strange that the only account update affected was the one account that I don't download transactions from my bank.

Had the same thing happen to us - suddenly our balanced checkbook is off by nearly $3,000
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Another issue -- Quicken shows transactions as having been downloaded in the most recent download session (blue dot) when in fact they are transactions that have been downloaded months ago.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    ON QUICKEN FOR MAC, CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE US AN OPTION TO HIDE THE GRAPH ON THE "BILL REMINDERS" PAGE?THE GRAPH TAKES UP TOO MUCH SPACE ON THE BILL REMINDERS PAGE. I NEVER USE THE GRAPH. I WOULD LIKE MORE SCREEN SPACE FOR THE COLUMNS BELOW. I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR ALMOST TEN YEARS. I HAVE BEEN ASKING ABOUT THIS FOR THREE YEARS AND NOBODY EVER REPLIES.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Never use that before and never messed with setting, but my settings icon is not functional.
    Tried to help and now I have problem.
    Good luck.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    EricHabib said:

ON QUICKEN FOR MAC, CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE US AN OPTION TO HIDE THE GRAPH ON THE "BILL REMINDERS" PAGE?THE GRAPH TAKES UP TOO MUCH SPACE ON THE BILL REMINDERS PAGE. I NEVER USE THE GRAPH. I WOULD LIKE MORE SCREEN SPACE FOR THE COLUMNS BELOW. I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR ALMOST TEN YEARS. I HAVE BEEN ASKING ABOUT THIS FOR THREE YEARS AND NOBODY EVER REPLIES.

You can add your VOTE to Provide the Option to Hide the Bill Reminder Graph.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests for Bill Reminders (aka Scheduled Transactions) and Graph Features (aka Cash Flow Forecast or Projected Balance). Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

BTW, you have one small mistake...you reference Version *3.6...you probably mean 2.9 ;-).

In fact the more I read this, the more it looks like a lot of details for QM2016 Release notes. Is that intentional?

I still cannot get my accounts to download unless I go and re-establish a connection to my bank. This is driving me crazy.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

updated and now i can not update my online accounts in this new version. just does nothing. why oh why do i do this upgrade stuff.

Ditto today, 10/25/17 was "upgraded" to 2.9.2 when updating online accounts. Saved back-up, then did the install. Had to create a new user ID (user not found), and now my Cloud account is showing. But, I've just lost all utility. No downloads working, and none of the FAQs seem to address the problem. Terminal hold on all support phone lines. I'm on the only Quicken version that will work on my Mac. Need my bookkeeping to update & function. All the accounts are there. HELP?!?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I performed the migration, set the new ID, now I cannot update online with ANY of my 6 accounts! 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I have multiple accounts for our household members as well. Had just gotten them all operating smoothly. This update has significantly diminished my quality of life, and increased precious "chair time" attempting to get books working again (physical pain to be at desk sitting, listening to hours of recorded hold chatter). Last year, I totally rebuilt the books with Quicken support, because of a similar issue. Not at all sure that it is worth it to rebuild books, delete all log-in, create again, or whatever changes necessary simply to keep basic account records downloaded onto one electronic platform. May go back to pen and paper. It's that frustrating. Sorry to complain, but this has happened so many times, I needed someone associated with Quicken to realize they are creating Luddites.
This discussion has been closed.