Quicken for Mac 2015 v2.9 Release

Options
1235»

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited October 2017
    Options

updated and now i can not update my online accounts in this new version. just does nothing. why oh why do i do this upgrade stuff.

If we only knew...or cared...what a Luddite is. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

updated and now i can not update my online accounts in this new version. just does nothing. why oh why do i do this upgrade stuff.

Deeply sorry to have bothered you, have a peaceful evening. Was simply looking for assistance. Don't think of my troubles a moment longer. (If you want to know what a Luddite is, please look it up. I'm afraid to offend anyone further by assuming a shared education at this point). Peace.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    After updating my Quicken15 to the 2.9 version, every time I close Quicken, it deletes the current Quicken2015 file.
    Exact message is
    abc's Finances 2.quicken2015 was deleted. Quicken2015 data files should not be deleted while the application is running
    I have a backup from prior to the upgrade and I can upload this file so I still have my data.  But every time I try to change the file, close the application or do anything to the main program, this is the message I get.
    Please help!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I update my Quicken 2015 with version 2.9.3
    in Nov 2 and all the dates transactions of the whole years appears 11/02/2017. What can I do??????
  • Amy Miller
    Amy Miller Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

BTW, you have one small mistake...you reference Version *3.6...you probably mean 2.9 ;-).

In fact the more I read this, the more it looks like a lot of details for QM2016 Release notes. Is that intentional?

I am having HUGE problems with the reconcile function.  It is not picking up some of the checks and debits in my register and is throwing account reconciliation WAY OFF.  It has created an absolute MESS in my checking account :(  I contacted online support and after over an hour and an unsuccessful screen share (it crashed!), they couldn't help me.  I finally went back at it myself today and figured out the issue.  Now I don't know how to fix it.  I am about ready to **** can this program and find something else!!!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options

BTW, you have one small mistake...you reference Version *3.6...you probably mean 2.9 ;-).

In fact the more I read this, the more it looks like a lot of details for QM2016 Release notes. Is that intentional?

Since this is mostly a user-to-user forum, if you're looking for help you'll need to provide more information than "I figured out the problem and don't know how to fix it." (I'd actually suggest starting a new thread with your problem, as you'll be more likely to attract the eyes of folks here who might be able to help than in this mixed-topic thread.) if you were just looking to vent, I hear ya.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I am running Quicken 2015 for Mac version 2.9.3
    Since today I get an online notice to update to version 5.3.2 which refuses to install.
    Sounds like a Windows version and a bug.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Since today I get an online notice to update to version 5.3.2 which refuses to install.

I'm getting that too.  I thought there was something strange because the numbering of the version was so different.  It nagged me to update so I tried, but I got the same error message as you did.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

5.3.2 is a Quicken Mac 2018 update.  

Quicken Mac 2017 users are getting the same update message.

As usual, just another Friday evening mess by Quicken.  They seem to love having bugs occur on Fridays.  Makes the weekend so pleasant for users.

• jacobs
    edited December 2017
    Options

Stuart: Version 5.3 is the current version of Quicken for Mac, aka Quicken 2018. It's a paid upgrade. Quicken often includes messages about the latest version to  try to get users to upgrade, but it's a decision for customers to make because there's a cost involved.

It appears there is a problem with Quicken's update service telling *all* Quicken Mac users there's an update to version 5.3.2, where only Quicken 2018 users should be seeing this notice. This has been reported to Quicken, but I don't know when they will fix it.

In any case, version 2.9.3 is, I believe, the latest update for Quicken 2015 users. As long as you're happy with Quicken 2015 and don't need any of the new features that have been rolled out over the past three years, then I'd say to just ignore the update notice and continue using your existing Quicken 2015.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

BTW, as an aside, QM2015 users got an automatic "upgrade" to QM2016 code with the v2.9.2 update, with QM2016 specific new features turned off...so the base code is supposedly now identical between these 2 versions.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    edited December 2017
    Options

While that is true, I don't believe it has any relevance to the current snafu.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

that is why it is "an aside"...just for info cuing off comment about new features...so QM2015 users did already get lots of new features for free, originally in QM2016, e.g. new reconciliation, 12-month budgets, Portfolio Time Machine, management of transaction flagging, account flagging on downloading, etc... (a very rare move by Quicken)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.