Quicken for Mac 2015 v2.9 Release

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

BTW, you have one small mistake...you reference Version *3.6...you probably mean 2.9 ;-).

In fact the more I read this, the more it looks like a lot of details for QM2016 Release notes. Is that intentional?

I just bought Quicken Mac 2017 and transferred my Moneydance file to Quicken. All the transactions moving dollars in my US accounts to Euros in my French accounts are showing BOTH halves of the transaction in both accounts making four years of wildly WRONG data. Help!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

updated and now i can not update my online accounts in this new version. just does nothing. why oh why do i do this upgrade stuff.

I updated Saturday to 2.9.2. on Q 2015. created new id. now the program will not go online & update my bank accounts. It also won't accept my click to mark a change as reviewed. Thinking that the update failed, I went to Q's "check for updates" it says I'm up to date. I am constantly getting the sales pitch to buy new Q software.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

This release has completely borked the Status field. All my previous "blue dots" that indicated a reviewed item are clear. I can't change the status of any of the items.

With another user's help, I was finally able to find the account download status window, but even with the lower left hand corner box unchecked so that it will show after every download, it still comes up automatically only when there is a download error.  And even more annoying, the information in the account status window is no longer accurate after this update.  It continues to show "new" transactions downloaded, even though there are none.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

BTW, you have one small mistake...you reference Version *3.6...you probably mean 2.9 ;-).

In fact the more I read this, the more it looks like a lot of details for QM2016 Release notes. Is that intentional?

@Linda Amstutz  this thread is for QM2019 v2.9.x. Please start a new thread to increase visibility to your issue. 

That said, see if this info is of any help:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-convert-quicken-mac-2015-ibank-or-moneydance

Otherwise, you may need to contact Quicken Support for specific assistance in your data migration.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

Tried to get this update going today, I'm not getting anywhere with this.  First error is:  "An error occurred during persistent store migration".  OK, how do I fix that?  Next error I get is: "The document xxx.quicken2015 could not be opened.  Then it goes nowhere. Does nothing.  I have a window that has the official "I'm working" spinning thingy that says opening file.  Been doing that for an hour.   

Sorry about that. If you sort it out, report back if there are any more sharable solutions for others to consider. All the best.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

This release has completely borked the Status field. All my previous "blue dots" that indicated a reviewed item are clear. I can't change the status of any of the items.

Marcus (or anyone else), I enter all of my transactions manually.  I don't want the orange pencil.  How do I prevent it from appearing?  I schedule some transactions  otherwise I would just remove the Status column.  If there is no current fix can I go back to the prior version?
  • Bruce Nelson
    Bruce Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017

GET RID OF THE ORANGE PENCILS!

Someone didn’t think that one through. Makes too much clutter.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

At least please give us a way to remove them.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

To hide the Status column (and its orange pencil) go to View > Columns and delete the check next to Status.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Thank you so much! That removed the orange pencil. However, that also removed the scheduled transaction status icon. Before this update the icon for scheduled transaction was there but Not the pencil. Is that correct?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Bill as I said I don't want to remove the status column because I schedule transactions.  Anyone else have and idea?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Kelley, it is a bug. Hopefully Marcus (from the Quicken team) has reported it to the engineering team and it will be in a patch soon (2.9.3 please!). This is a bug with Quicken 2015, 2016, AND 2017, so I'm sure they will fix it. Just a matter of when.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Thanks, in the mean time I've just move the column WAY to the right!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Marcus, we'd all really appreciate an update on timing for a fix. Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Roy said:

Tried to update last night due to the dire warnings and impending deadlines.  I had to change my password to conform to new standards.  All seemed well until I tried to re-enter.  My data file is gone.  It is nowhere on my computer.  Moreover, the new password nor the old one is recognized.  What a total mess!  As I write this, I've been on chat for over 4 hours and still not response.  As someone who's used Quicken for 20 years, and has been a beta tester for them in the past, this is unbelievable.

My data file is completely gone as well.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Roy said:

Tried to update last night due to the dire warnings and impending deadlines.  I had to change my password to conform to new standards.  All seemed well until I tried to re-enter.  My data file is gone.  It is nowhere on my computer.  Moreover, the new password nor the old one is recognized.  What a total mess!  As I write this, I've been on chat for over 4 hours and still not response.  As someone who's used Quicken for 20 years, and has been a beta tester for them in the past, this is unbelievable.

My data file is gone completely as well.  Quicken can say there is no way they would delete but it's gone.  Searched entire computer. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    I still am unable to download any of my transactions using Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Tried to get this update going today, I'm not getting anywhere with this.  First error is:  "An error occurred during persistent store migration".  OK, how do I fix that?  Next error I get is: "The document xxx.quicken2015 could not be opened.  Then it goes nowhere. Does nothing.  I have a window that has the official "I'm working" spinning thingy that says opening file.  Been doing that for an hour.   

Any luck with support? It's as though they have one employee for Mac issues and he is barely available. Ugh...
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Roy said:

Did you use the tips at the link above?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Roy said:

Adding the system files to the search as described above found the backup created by the upgrade.  The original file is long gone but the backup seems to have everything.  Thanks.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

I spent ~40 hours working to get this resolved.  Hopefully it won't take someone else that long.  

I was NEVER able to get to support rep.  On 4 different attempts, I was holding in the chat cue for over an hour although the estimated wait time showed 15 min on the website.  I finally had to revert back to old version of Quicken, use a backup file from 10 days ago (one that I had not previously tried to use in the new version). (every time I tried to use a file that I had also attempted with the Upgraded Quicken, it didn't work)  Once I got that up and going I made about 10 copies of the file including 4 backups, just in case it crapped out during the upgrade again.  Anything I scheduled manually in the last 10 days was obviously not there.  Luckily I keep all those bills and such for the past 30 days.  Tried to do the update again, and it worked.  

Now I have the Orange pencil issue on transactions I already had marked as reconciled.  Can't change it.  Previous posts show that it is a bug.  So I'll deal with it until patch released.

This has been one of the worse upgrades I have ever had to do to any software.  (I'm on Mac because of issues with multiple Microsoft upgrades)
    Had this been something that didn't involve financial information that I needed immediately, I would have deleted it and never looked back at Quicken again.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

I updated to 2.9.2.  Had problem with migrate. Got it solved.  Waited a long time to get help.  Had to send an email to the President and got  help immediately.
    Now, when trying to update accounts to sync with my Mac Apps, (Preferences, Mobile & Alerts, then Sync accounts) it will not update/sync.  Furthermore, the App on my iPad keeps crashing.  Help anyone??? Thanks
  • Jay McAlevy
    Jay McAlevy Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I wish you would put something that says quicken is working when i connect to my bank, I think it has stalled and try something else and retry and then i just sit, and after a couple of minuets it down loads and matches stuff.  I have no patience when waiting for banks.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Quicken has become the worst for Mac. I'm seriously looking for an alternative. Let me know if you've had experience with a program that would be good for tracking transactions, but not doing anything automated (such as downloading transactions).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

Ditto
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    New issue....   Trying to reconcile using statement balance method.  I have ~5 transactions on my paper statement, that are clearly marked as cleared in Quicken, that do not show up in the to be reconciled screen.  This is causing out of balance account.  (I always reconcile each item on my statement)

The 5 transactions are all manual entries for various Credit Card payments (4 different Companies), and are setup as transfers as they are paying into another account.  I have similar transactions pointing to other accounts that I did not encounter this issue.   I have tried to unclear and remark as cleared but that did not fix.  None of these transactions have a pencil as they were all marked as reviewed and cleared prior to upgrade.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    The Balance on one of my Checking account Columns no longer shows any numbers since the Update.  Other accounts do. The Column is still there. Have no idea how to fix.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    The Balance on one of my Checking account Columns no longer shows any numbers since the Update.  Other accounts do. The Column is still there. Have no idea how to fix.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
This discussion has been closed.