Add Tax Planner Summary Fields to Briefly Describe Scenarios

Scooterlam
Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
edited October 2023 in Budget and Planning Tools

<Edit> Please also see my 2nd post that provides more detail and illustration for this idea.

I've been using the Tax Planner for the last few years now.  Its been extremely useful.  I typically would use all 3 available scenarios for doing some "what-if" year-end tax planning.   As I use all three scenarios, I find myself constantly searching through the planner scenario details to remind myself of the specifics of the scenario.

I would like to see scenario name and summary fields that allow me to name the scenario and briefly describe it.   Have a look at the images below for some illustration.  

What do you think?  Like it, please vote it up or otherwise make it better! 

Regards, 
Scott
QW2018 HBR

13 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Good idea!

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Thanks @mshiggins !

Now that I have several years or so of actual Tax Planner use....adding to the idea presented in the OP...

1.   Add ability to make notes on every category for Scenario "projected" and 1, 2, 3. See first 2 images below.  Too many variables / scenario, especially for Schedule C.  Doesn't have to be complex, but just able to note differences between scenarios and assumptions made in the categories I use ...

2.  Modify the current title of the printed scenario, to include the "Scenario Name" and "Summary" as described in the OP.  See image 3.

3.  Add ability to store more than 2 years (current and last year) of Tax Planner scenarios.  Reliably preserve all data (including notes) for historical review of prior 3-4 (or longer) year's tax planner.  See image 4.

Please have a look, vote it up and make suggestions!

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    This is a hidden gem of a suggestion.  I would use this feature all the time.  Having this added functionality would make Tax Planner an event greater tool. 
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    this is something i have always wanted...
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    These are very useful ideas for someone who has to pay estimated taxes and uses the tax planner to estimate each quarter.  I might add to allow 4 scenarios instead of 3, 1 for each quarter of estimated taxes.  It would also be convenient to allow the tax planner to collect projected data based on an "as of" date, once again for estimated taxes.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    Totally agree with @leishirsute, having a way to estimate the quarterly tax payments would be a great addition.  This would save me money, as I normally overpay my estimated taxes.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I am saddened that this idea has garnered only 11 votes in 6 years. This idea is, as is mentioned above, "a gem". I hope it gains a lot more traction.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

A hidden gem

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP