Quicken for Mac 2018 v5.5.x Released

Options

Comments

• Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

Please PLEASE add the following feature:  Transaction Splits by PERCENTAGE
    It would be SO helpful to be able to assign a memorized percentage split for transactions.  Here is an example of what and why...

I have a home business and would like to allocate expenses to multiple categories.  

Internet/Phone Bill:  50% Personal & 50% Business
    City Power/Sewer:  70% Personal & 30% Business
    Rent/Mortgage:  70% Personal & 30% Business
    Auto Expenses:  50% Personal & 50% Business
    Groceries:  90% Personal & 10% Business
    Apple Music:  75% Personal & 25% Business
    Etc, etc, etc...

To have to manually enter currency amounts seems undue, especially since so many other aspects of a transaction can be memorized.  

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Do you think this is possible and could be implemented in a future (or current!) release?

Thanks so much for your time,

Chris

Wow.  That certainly is a sweet deal on Amazon.  Almost wish I'd waited, but overall I'm glad I didn't.  Marcus and his team have finally given us QM2007 holdouts a significant bridge to the future, and they keep improving it.  
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Options
    RickO said:
    Just confirmed this went to a transaction with tags associated with split transactions. Went to customize checked the appropriate payee & tags..No action.
  • Brendan
    Brendan Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    pauldv172 said:

I am trying to do an online transfer from my checking account to may saving account.  When I hit pay now, I get a message: 
    Wells Fargo Bank cannot deliver your payment to Transfer For Save For by 02/03/18 because that date falls on a weekend or holiday.  The date will be changed to 02/05/18.

I clicked ok but it will not change the date nor will it let me manually change the date.  I have to cancel the transaction.

Ugh.  Yep.  I too have this with BOA.  Same exact thing.  Making it a transfer forces it to today's date, but then some online banking rule says today's date is invalid.  Only option is to cancel the transaction.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    This update finally convinced me to install the QM2018 I purchased several months ago. Did this yesterday. Mostly smooth data transfer from QM2017. Only needed to adjust a few transactions.

I was able to download transactions yesterday. Today it's a mess! I keep getting requests to enter my passwords. When I do they are rejected. Also asked numerous times today to log into my Quicken account. Any suggestions? I also don't understand the message about using my confidential info stored in "Quicken 2015 password" (and not just that I went from 2007 to 2016, never owned QM2015).

Is this related to my trying to run QM2017 simultaneously to make sure I don't find any more data transfer errors, etc?image
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

It would be SO helpful to be able to assign a memorized percentage split for transactions.  Here is an example of what and why...

I have a home business and would like to allocate expenses to multiple categories.  

Etc, etc, etc...

To have to manually enter currency amounts seems undue, especially since so many other aspects of a transaction can be memorized.  

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Do you think this is possible and could be implemented in a future (or current!) release?

Chris

For some...but I and many others are still waiting...still unable to make the jump...

I sure hope priority is being given to those remaining issues that prevent the move...as per the list above...

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Will Fiveash
    Will Fiveash Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I just updated quicken to v5.5.0 and now it crashes when I run it on my Mac (OS X 10.13.3).  Are you aware of this?
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Options

I just updated quicken to v5.5.0 and now it crashes when I run it on my Mac (OS X 10.13.3).  Are you aware of this?

Just updated to 5.5.0 as well running 10.13.3 ..Had no issues  ie no crashing I am thinking that your datafile could have been corrupted somehow, do you have a recent backup you could try to restore in 5.5.0?
  • Will Fiveash
    Will Fiveash Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

How do I do this restore when quicken will not start now (note, the previous version was running without problem)?
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Options

May have been an issue with the update, Do you still have the previous version 5.4.4 in the trash bin? If you do perhaps restarting the previous version than doing the update again might solve your issue.I understand this may seem  a bit obtuse but it could work for you
  • Will Fiveash
    Will Fiveash Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

I thought about running the previous version but during the update I saw a message about updating the database which has me concerned about whether this will cause problems with the previous version.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Options

It updates the database to get it ready for 5.5.0. If you run 5.4.4 you should be ok, unless the database your operating in 5.4.4 has been somehow corrupted. Give it a shot let us know how you progress.
  • Will Fiveash
    Will Fiveash Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

I restored the previous version (5.4.4) and restored the database via an automatic backup.  Of course I'm having trouble now downloading transactions for one of my credit cards but this could be a problem with the server quicken is talking to.  Very frustrating.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Options

But you are not crashing so we are moving in the right direction. So are you going to try update to 5.5.0?

What credit card are we talking & how are you connecting to the credit card company?
  • Will Fiveash
    Will Fiveash Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I tried the update to 5.5.0 and it now runs.  I am still having trouble downloading the Citi credit card transactions using Quicken Connect which has been working for a long time.  The error message states that Quicken was only able to do a Partial Download (-28) and there is a STATUS_TERMINATION_TIMEOUT error.  I sure hope this is a temporary problem with the Citi server.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

I tried the update to 5.5.0 and it now runs.  I am still having trouble downloading the Citi credit card transactions using Quicken Connect which has been working for a long time.  The error message states that Quicken was only able to do a Partial Download (-28) and there is a STATUS_TERMINATION_TIMEOUT error.  I sure hope this is a temporary problem with the Citi server.

Known problem unrelated to update. See this thread:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/mac-quicken-2015-getting-error-message-partial-d...

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Options

Citi Credit Card works very well if you use Direct connect. No issues. 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

This update finally convinced me to install the QM2018 I purchased several months ago. Did this yesterday. Mostly smooth data transfer from QM2017. Only needed to adjust a few transactions.

I was able to download transactions yesterday. Today it's a mess! I keep getting requests to enter my passwords. When I do they are rejected. Also asked numerous times today to log into my Quicken account. Any suggestions? I also don't understand the message about using my confidential info stored in "Quicken 2015 password" (and not just that I went from 2007 to 2016, never owned QM2015).

Is this related to my trying to run QM2017 simultaneously to make sure I don't find any more data transfer errors, etc?image

RC.. I think you are probably seeing the connection issues that lots of other users are having today, independent of upgrades. 

The account info is stored in the keychain under a Q2015 tag for all the recent versions. That's why you're seeing that. Doesn't have to do with running QM17 in parallel.

If the requests continue, you may want to quit all Quicken programs, then open Keychain Access from the Utilities folder and delete all Quicken related entries from your login keychain. This will force Quicken to freshly ask you to store your passwords in the keychain.

And.. if you are using Quicken Connect, consider changing to Direct Connect for FIs that support it (such as Chase).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

RickO, Thanks for the info! I see from this thread that there may be a Quicken server side issue for at least part of my problems: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/mac-quicken-2015-getting-error-message-partial-d...
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

"And.. if you are using Quicken Connect, consider changing to Direct Connect for FIs that support it (such as Chase)."

I do. I wish all my FI's supported Direct Connect!
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

Etc, etc, etc...

Chris

I understand, and hope that the Quicken team continues to make strides that allow all users to move forward.  They have for me, and I had reservations for some time as well.  
  • jsurpless
    jsurpless Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Any update to reports that would allow for column reports (by class, etc) as in Q2007?
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

Also, thanks for the explanation about Q2015 keychain! I was confused about what this was and where it was located. I opened the Keychain app and confirmed that the stored passwords were correct and deleted old and duplicates. Maybe this clean up will help.
  • Will Fiveash
    Will Fiveash Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

i switched the connection type to Direct connect and that appears to have solved my problem, thanks.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Playing around with the bills & income section , cleaned up list of payees that no longer need to be  in the bills & income section, ran into one payee that QM would not allow deleting ; the alert claims its a duplicate payee, A payee with this name already exists. Each payee must have a unique name. Does not make sense as I note only one payee with this name in list of payees. Any ideas will be appreciated.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Backup file with 5.5.0 is much quicker; Just one question ,I note the size of the backed up datafile is  2X the size of the previous file backed up with 5.4.4. very strange to observe. Did I somehow duplicate the file in the datafile? 
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

Backup file with 5.5.0 is much quicker; Just one question ,I note the size of the backed up datafile is  2X the size of the previous file backed up with 5.4.4. very strange to observe. Did I somehow duplicate the file in the datafile? 

I noticed that as well and I suspect it's because the backup file is no longer being zipped or condensed.  That's likely the reason the backup is so much faster.  
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options

I've also noticed that the backup is not always run when always backup is selected in preferences.  I'm guessing this behavior was selected because I didn't make any changes to the datafile and just closed the program.  I can live with that because nothing was changed.  
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Options

Well I guess I am glad not to be alone on this thing;. It would be nice to get a confirmation from Quicken as to why the file size is 2X but your response makes sense.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Options

Just compressed the back-up datafile..file size is 1/2 pre compressed file. Thats got to be it
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Options

Playing around with the bills & income section , cleaned up list of payees that no longer need to be  in the bills & income section, ran into one payee that QM would not allow deleting ; the alert claims its a duplicate payee, A payee with this name already exists. Each payee must have a unique name. Does not make sense as I note only one payee with this name in list of payees. Any ideas will be appreciated.

I don't understand why it would tell you a payee name already exists when you are trying to delete. That sounds like something you'd get when trying to create.

But try this trick: Search for the payee in the All Transactions register. Then select those transactions, then File > Get Info and batch change them all to a new payee name. Then go to the payee list and delete the now unused payee. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.