Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Manage Accounts and Transactions (Windows)

A way for a user to do a controlled abort of one step update instead of CTRL-ALT-DEL(8 Legacy Votes)

As suggested by "gary" in another conversation, there should be a way for a user to do a controlled abort of one step update instead of CTRL-ALT-DEL.
2 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• Greg BrownGreg Brown Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I agree, when mine hangs, which is frequent, I have to "end task" from task manager and that  occasionally causes damabe to data file...
  • Rick GumpertzRick Gumpertz Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If you agree, please "VOTE" for the idea and we'll see if it gets any attention!
  • Rick GumpertzRick Gumpertz Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    We need a way to cleanly abort One Step Updates.  Please implement the "X" (currently greyed out) for Exit to the top right of the One Step Update Progress window.

Given the performance problems uncovered in https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/enlarging-the-one-step-update-progress-window-se... please also add "_" for Minimize to the top right of the One Step Update Progress window.  (To be useful, please also suppress updating that window when it is minimized.)
  • rgumpertzrgumpertz Member ✭✭✭
    Given the number of times over the years that bugs have caused OSU to hang over the years, why has Quicken never added a way to CLEANLY abort an OSU? Please developers, fix the basics before you play with the bells and whistles!
  • CookiejCookiej Member ✭✭
    When One Step Update is not working and just hung up, there is no way to stop it. There is nothing there to click on to end process. You cannot do anything else but close the whole program.
  • An FYI update: this morning I was experiencing short intermittent power failures. One happened during OSU and it locked up and required task manager intervention. Just like the problem. It cleared on rerun.

My suggestion: add a sensor in the OSU module so it can detect that it’s hung, display an error message and exit back to the main Quicken window.