Quicken for Mac 2019 v5.8.1 Released

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    jrd4849 said:

The Quicken Web app looks nice but unfortunately my three USAA accounts won't sync to the web version. The same situation exists on the mobile app. Everything works ok on the regular Quicken for Mac app.

USAA only works with direct connect
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I was going to upgrade and then discovered it is all subscription based now.  Been using quicken since early 2000s but will be going to Banktivity now with no subscriptions.  Dissapointed
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Actually, you'll find that Banktivity requires a subscription for downloading data, too, if you want Direct Connect (I think it's $45/year. But unlike Quicken, Banktivity doesn't require a subscription if you only want to do OFX download from your banks.)  There's no free lunch; users have to pay the software vendors to maintain the software needed to accomplish connectivity to tens of thousands of financial institutions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I can't seem to download the update. I went to My Account > Download for Windows & it downloads the 2018 install file.  How do I get the 2019 upgrade install file?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

update broke my chase and amex sync...even though I can balance everything and it seems to be downloading new transactions, I still get an error box.  So sick of you guys breaking this stuff.

Only seeing the issue with Chase (the largest bank in the country btw.) . I downloaded the update and haven't been able to update my chase accounts since.  What is the use in using quicken if it doesn't do what it's supposed to?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I downloaded the update and it has completely hosed all my Chase accounts.  It won't download anything, keeps asking me to input a texted code.  How do I revert to the old version so I can use it again?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    For some reason, my post got deleted without being answered.  How do I download the Quicken 2019 update?  I have a subscription, went to My Account > Download for Windows, but it downloads the 2018 install file.  I tried to update from within the Quicken app, but it says that I'm up to date with R 14.23.  
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options

update broke my chase and amex sync...even though I can balance everything and it seems to be downloading new transactions, I still get an error box.  So sick of you guys breaking this stuff.

For what it is worth, all my accounts, including both Chase and Amex, are updating fine after installing 5.8.1 update. FYI, both are set up with Direct Connect. Not that I never have problems, but perhaps posting questions with details on your system might lead to suggested solutions. 
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    m said:

For some reason, my post got deleted without being answered.  How do I download the Quicken 2019 update?  I have a subscription, went to My Account > Download for Windows, but it downloads the 2018 install file.  I tried to update from within the Quicken app, but it says that I'm up to date with R 14.23.  

This is the Mac forum. You are using Windows.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options

I downloaded the update and it has completely hosed all my Chase accounts.  It won't download anything, keeps asking me to input a texted code.  How do I revert to the old version so I can use it again?

Teresa, for what it is worth, all my accounts, including Chase, are updating fine after installing 5.8.1 update. FYI, both are set up with Direct Connect. Not that I never have problems, but perhaps posting questions with details on your system might lead to suggested solutions. If you want to revert do a search in this Forum and you will find how to do it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

I've always used Quicken Connect and never had an issue until now.  What system details do you suggest I post?  It worked and now it doesn't.  It's a simple issue - that Quicken seems to do every single time they "upgrade" something...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Why so sassy RCinNJ?  I don't seem to be the only with issues being reported.  This is a QUICKEN community and I have every right to ask a question without being chastised into "searching" for something else.  Thanks.
  • jacobs
    edited October 2018
    Options
    m said:

@m: If you are using R14.23, what does it show when you open the About Quicken menu item? I'm a Mac user, but my understanding is that 14.23 is Quicken 2019. The change in the label on the box to Quicken 2019 doesn't connote that there has been any major change in the software (like in past years); under the subscription program, new features and bug fixes are released as they are ready. The change of label to Quicken 2019 is purely about marketing, not technology.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    jrd4849 said:

The Quicken Web app looks nice but unfortunately my three USAA accounts won't sync to the web version. The same situation exists on the mobile app. Everything works ok on the regular Quicken for Mac app.

I have, and have had, the same issue with USAA with the mobile app for a couple of months (approximately when the mobile app started included the budget feature). The issue also occurs on the web app.

USAA is a direct connect for me.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Sandi said:

Wondering where the old feature of Memorized transactions went. I have to change a category for a very common entry every single time.  Used to be that if I typed the payee, the category would be pulled in automatically.  Am I missing something or is this gone?  I've been using different versions of Quicken for 20 + years. I now use it on my Mac so it may be a Windows thing

Yes, modern QMac memorizes EVERY Payee and last associated categorization, tags, memo, etc. So if you pull up the list of Payees, there you will see all the memorized entries. BUT this lacks the functionality of QM2007 or QWin that allows control over changing, locking, or even turning off memorization. 

You can add your VOTE to Add ability to LOCK a payee and categorization
    Add Option to Disable Autofill, and others.

First, click on each underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THAT feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the 
    List of Requests for Data Entry and Usability Options and Features. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    m said:

When I open the "About Quicken" window, it does say 2019.  It's just confusing on the user end when there isn't anything that explicitly notifies me of the update to the current version.  This was exacerbated by when I tried to log into the app.quicken.com site & was notified that I needed to update my app - even though it was already "up to date".  For Mac & PC, Quicken would better serve its customers by rethinking or find a better way to differentiate its annual update from incremental updates.  There's no delineation between the two.  I shouldn't have to hunt down version and release numbers when a "new" product gets rolled out. Now that I know where to look, I can figure it out.  Thanks.
  • jacobs
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Sandi said:

Wondering where the old feature of Memorized transactions went. I have to change a category for a very common entry every single time.  Used to be that if I typed the payee, the category would be pulled in automatically.  Am I missing something or is this gone?  I've been using different versions of Quicken for 20 + years. I now use it on my Mac so it may be a Windows thing

But it's exciting to hear Marcus say they are working on developing functionality to memorize transactions -- and that it's expected to come out sooner rather than sometime way in the future. That's great news!
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options

Sorry you found my answer "sassy". I don't know as much as many that answer questions here but I try to help when I think I can contribute and ask questions when I have my own problems. I'm just a user in this user-to-user forum.

Do you really want to revert or were you trying to express your frustration with QM? If you do, maybe someone will answer. I've done it but don't remember the exact steps and I don't want to give wrong instructions. However, before asking a question about how to do something I try to do a search of the Forum (although the Forum's search function is not very powerful and sometimes I can't find something that I think has been answered). That way I try not to ask questions that have been answered before and I increase the chance that I will find a correct answer and not receive a less informed one. I know "how to revert" has been answered before.
  • jacobs
    edited October 2018
    Options
    m said:

@m: The point is that there is no "annual update" any more. Everything is incremental updates. Some of those updates may be small issues and bug fixes; others may bring significant new functionality -- but they're all just released when the developers have them ready. Nothing is held back or organized around an "annual update" anymore. The change from Quicken 2018 to Quicken 2019 was purely cosmetic.

I don't know why they are still bothering to use the year at all. On the Mac, they stopped naming the actual application "Quicken 2016", "Quicken 2017", etc. -- it's just been "Quicken" since last year. The annual label is, I assume, just a marketing thing to show potential new users -- or potential upgraders from old versions -- that there's something new. But new means "continuous improvement" rather than "look what's new just in this release". (My guess is that once Quicken 2017 -- the last of the old annual versions -- is retired in April 2020, they'll stop labelling it with a year. It will simplify things for users and simplify their support documents, but they must figure they can't do it until there are no more supported annual versions.)
  • jacobs
    edited October 2018
    Options

Teresa, the product manager has said that the 5.8.1 update didn't affect anything with transaction downloading. It's always possible that there was some hidden thing that was broken in the code, but usually not if it's about a particular financial institution. More often, it's a change that was made by the financial institution which just happened to coincide with the time you downloaded a Quicken update. Chances are that if Chase is asking for a texted code, you'd find that to be true in the older version of Quicken as well. I'm not saying that's definitively what's happened in your case, I'm just saying about how these things frequently unfold.

If you want to go backwards with Quicken, there are a few options. First, check your Trash. If you don't empty it often -- I don't -- then the previous version of Quicken is probably sitting in your Trash. quicken 5.8.0 would be a file called "Quicken (58.24400.100)". If you have that in your Trash, you can drag it to your desktop and then drag your Quicken data file over it to launch it. If you don't have it in your Trash, do you have any backup of your computer? Unfortunately, Apple's Time Machine doesn't back up the Applications folder, so you would need some other form of backup of your hard drive to find the older application. That's the only way to move backwards that I'm aware of -- finding an older copy in your Trash or on a hard drive backup.
  • Quicken Jeff
    Quicken Jeff Member, Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    Options
    jrd4849 said:

Michael, We're investigating this issue now. 

Two questions:

Just to clarify, when you say "my three USAA accounts won't sync to the web version" do you mean they are not visible at all on the web version? Or, do you mean they are there, but they don't update properly?

Also, none of these accounts are marked as "Hidden" on desktop.  Correct? (See Accounts > HIde and Show accounts..."

Thanks.
  • Quicken Jeff
    Quicken Jeff Member, Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    Options
    m said:

m, also, just FYI, there is need to download anything from My Account if you are already a Member.

If not prompted for an update automatically, do the following:

WIndows:
    Help > Check for updates...

Mac
    Quicken > Check for updates...

That's it.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options

In the Home tab under Bill & Income Reminders, clicking on one of the reminders used to open a second window for the account with the transaction highlighted. This no longer works for most accounts, although it seems to be random which accounts do this. This worked fine until 5.8.0 and
    was NOT fixed in 5.8.1

Thanks for the investigation.  I'll write up a ticket for this issue with the Next Occurrence transactions not popping up the separate window.  I also agree with krm11 that it's a little confusing to have different settings for the scheduled transaction time period in different locations.  Great point.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    m said:

Moving to merge with standalone thread created for this discussion.

Please reference the new conversation here: Windows Update
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options

Teresa, can you tell me more about when you saw the "texted code" screen?  Did you click on a button in the Account Status window and get to a screen where it's asking you to pick how you want to get the code?  I believe this would appear if you've changed your username or password on the Chase site or possibly Chase is requiring you to go through 2-step authentication because, for security reasons, they want you to confirm that you agree with this access.  I just synced my Chase accounts (I have 7 Chase accounts) and I'm not seeing any issues so I think this is specific to your account.  Please call our Care team to have them work with you to figure out the issue.  By the way, there are lots of fraudsters posing as Quicken who try to get you to pay them for support.  If you do a Google search, they pop-up at the top.  They are not Quicken.  Quicken Care is free.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi,

I just downloaded 3 months of transaction into Quicken 2019.  I reconciled the last 3 months however wasn't near a printer.  Where and how do I find those reconciled reports and how do I print them?  Thanks. John
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options

QMac does not have a reconciliation report. You can add your VOTE to Add Reconciliation Report.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests for Reconciliation Process. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What is your justification for a 67% price increase? 
    Last year, I paid $29.99, this year you want a renewal of $49.99. However, if I do not renew and  purchase, the price is $44.99.
  • CUITCNY
    CUITCNY Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Interesting observation
  • maryellenwalter
    maryellenwalter Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Citizen's Bank - MidAtlantic won't sync despite entering ID and password. I recall in the past that I had to use a different "special" log-in for Citizen's Bank and Quicken but that does not work either. I have Direct Connect set up for these four accounts.
This discussion has been closed.