Quicken for Mac 2019 v5.8.1 Released

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Just tried Quicken on the Web and found a MAJOR problem. Seems that one of my future transactions is MISSING. Checked app and it's there, but not on the Web?????
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    Options
    kengraham said:

Just tried Quicken on the Web and found a MAJOR problem. Seems that one of my future transactions is MISSING. Checked app and it's there, but not on the Web?????

The issues with the the Web seem to mimic the Qmoble app..so no surprise
  • maryellenwalter
    maryellenwalter Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    kengraham said:

I can add a transaction via web and it syncs to my desktop and Qmobile app, so apparently the three are communicating but I continue to get the error message that I need to log into my Citizens Bank accounts.
  • Debbie
    Debbie Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    How does Quicken 2019 compare to Quicken for Mac 2007? I'm still using Quicken 2007 and want a reliable, stable program. Will I get that in Quicken 2019? Is the quality of Quicken 2019 close to the quality of Quicken Mac 2007?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Thanks Marcus, I've tried Quicken Web last week, it's really, really cool. Great job !

what is the url?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Been using Quicken since it started at Intuit so very long ago, and have purchased every version since. My thoughts on the 2019 Mac release.

1. The marketing made it seem that I'd have an improved and different app if I purchased 2019, so I did. It's not identifiably different than the 2018 version I already had.
    Disappointing.

2. I paid for 2 years, but my "membership" expiration date in the "About" page shows 1 year. Disappointing

3. The web access data is inaccurate. I have sync enabled and accounts selected, but the data on the web page is from months ago and so is useless. Clearly, the web quicken is accessing an older version of Quicken and not Quicken 19 (as it asks that I "check for updates" when in fact I'm using the most current version 5.8.1). With a paid upgrade, this should work upon launch.
    Disappointing.

4. I'm sure your subscription model is good for Quicken. Too bad I don't think it's good for me.
  • Mark Androw
    Mark Androw Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options

I downloaded this update and now my bank balance is all screwed up snd I am thousands of dollars off.  How do I fix this without adding in a manual adjustment?

I really appreciate the constant updates and improvements in the product since it was purchased from Intuit.   I have been a Quicken user for decades but I have never seen this pace of software development.   You are making a strong product even better.
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    kengraham said:

Ken, is the future transaction a scheduled transaction?  The web and mobile apps do not support Scheduled Transactions yet but we know from our beta testers that this is a feature they would like to see so it's at the top of our list to add.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Debbie said:

How does Quicken 2019 compare to Quicken for Mac 2007? I'm still using Quicken 2007 and want a reliable, stable program. Will I get that in Quicken 2019? Is the quality of Quicken 2019 close to the quality of Quicken Mac 2007?

I think Quicken for Mac 2019 is more stable than 2007 but the feature set is different so you should make sure that the features you use are supported.  Because of all the changes that have occurred on the Mac since the original Quicken Mac was created years ago before OS X and before Intel processors, we couldn't use any of the old 2007 code so we had to rewrite the new app from scratch and it's taking a bit of time to get back to feature parity and in all fairness, we're still not there yet.  I know it seems odd to "upgrade" to the latest app and not have a superset of functionality but that's the reality.  We believe Apple will prevent apps like Quicken 2007 which is a 32-bit app from running in the next macOS X after Mojave so we're doing our best to close the gap.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited October 2018
    Options
    GE said:

Been using Quicken since it started at Intuit so very long ago, and have purchased every version since. My thoughts on the 2019 Mac release.

1. The marketing made it seem that I'd have an improved and different app if I purchased 2019, so I did. It's not identifiably different than the 2018 version I already had.
    Disappointing.

2. I paid for 2 years, but my "membership" expiration date in the "About" page shows 1 year. Disappointing

3. The web access data is inaccurate. I have sync enabled and accounts selected, but the data on the web page is from months ago and so is useless. Clearly, the web quicken is accessing an older version of Quicken and not Quicken 19 (as it asks that I "check for updates" when in fact I'm using the most current version 5.8.1). With a paid upgrade, this should work upon launch.
    Disappointing.

4. I'm sure your subscription model is good for Quicken. Too bad I don't think it's good for me.

GE, Quicken is a subscription app so there is no need to purchase a new year if you're on a 2-year plan.  You get automatic updates to the latest releases no matter what.  Please call our Care team to have them refund your money or extend your subscription.  Purchasing at retail and then entering in the activation code using the same Quicken ID will automatically extend your subscription but it doesn't sound like that worked so have your Care team help you out.  Also, did you click the Sync button on the Mac?  You have to click the Sync button to have your data uploaded to our cloud so you can see the latest and greatest transactions.  If you did click on the sync button, the other thing to check is what Cloud Account you're viewing on the web.  Go to Preferences : Connected Services and make a note of the Cloud Account nickname in the Mac app and then when you're on the Quicken website click on the Letter in the upper right corner select the same Cloud Account name.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The marketing made it seem that I'd have an improved and different app if I purchased 2019, so I did. It's not identifiably different than the 2018 version I already had. 
    Disappointing.

When you bought the 2018 version you got the "subscription version", which means that as long as you maintain that subscription you will be getting all the latest updates.  You shouldn't be purchasing a new version to get "new features" like it worked in the past.
  • Quicken Marcus
    edited October 2018
    Options
    d said:

What is your justification for a 67% price increase? 
    Last year, I paid $29.99, this year you want a renewal of $49.99. However, if I do not renew and  purchase, the price is $44.99.

It sounds like you took advantage of a 40% off sale and got a great deal.  I wouldn't characterize that as Quicken raising its prices.  The subscription prices are the same this year as they were last year.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    Options
    d said:

What is your justification for a 67% price increase? 
    Last year, I paid $29.99, this year you want a renewal of $49.99. However, if I do not renew and  purchase, the price is $44.99.

@d, you can also shop around for Quicken from retail sellers. You would get an activation code, which you could then enter into Quicken to extend your subscription. Prices are always changing, so you might find a better deal than renewing through Quicken. (Another alternative is to not renew your subscription and let it lapse, if you can do without downloads and perhaps enter transactors manually for a bit; 30 days after your subscription ends, you become eligible for "new customer" discounts from Quicken again.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    GE said:

Disappointing.

Disappointing.

It's impressive you addressed my comments, and did so very quickly. Thank you!
    The subscription issue is resolved with your explanation. Thanks.
    The website issue isn't resolved though I did as you suggested...plus did cloud reset, sign out and in, sync numerous times, delete unused cloud account in connected services, etc. Quicken web still thinks I'm using the older version (4.xx) and I'm not able to make it change so it accesses current data.
    Again, thanks
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Debbie said:

Stability is not an issue with QM2019; set of features is where it may come short for you, as has been pointed out. So be sure to understand if it will meet your needs. You can read a lot more about the differences here:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-mac-2018-or-qm2007

BTW, you can simply try it and if it does not meet your needs, ask for a refund within 30 days.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    One more thing Marcus... I did resolve the web situation and thought it worth passing on to you in case anyone else has a similar story. Turns out I must have had my old password (from before you required users to change) still active in your system. I couldn't think of anything else, and when I re-entered my current user name and password the web quicken accessed my current data. So that one is solved. Thx.
  • jacobs
    edited October 2018
    Options

On little suggestion for the next release: how about activating the <space> key to clear transactions int he Reconcile window? I miss this from Microsoft Money and, I believe, earlier versions of Quicken. It's really a lifesaver when the list of transactions is long and you methodically clear them one by one.

Any other key would do of course, as long as it's easy to type and remember.

Sean, I'm not sure if you're asking about a specific feature or just beta testing in general? The Quicken Mac product periodically undergoes beta testing before updates are released. Not every release is available for beta testing, but most larger ones are. If you're interested in becoming a beta tester, visit this page for instructions and a link to sign up. Since version 5.8.1 was just released, on this exact date in time, there is not a version of Quicken Mac in beta testing; it's not known to beta testers when the next beta test might come along -- but with new releases every 5-7 weeks on average, beta testing comes along pretty often.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    kengraham said:

You can add your VOTE for Scheduled transactions created in Quicken should sync to Quicken Mobile.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS for Quicken Mobile by following the simple steps found here on the List of Requests for Quicken Mobile Features.

Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• lhaselh1
    lhaselh1 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

I downloaded this update and now my bank balance is all screwed up snd I am thousands of dollars off.  How do I fix this without adding in a manual adjustment?

Agreed - things have been soooo much better since hte move away from Intuit. It's like someone actually cares about making this product good. Outstanding job. 
  • David Argust
    David Argust Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi Marcus,

After upgrading to Mac 2019 v5.8.1 I am having problems with linking to the Mobile App.  When I log on to the mobile app it no longer gives me my current data set to load.  It only shows old obsolete data files.   When I go back to look at the mobile settings in preferences, it shows me the wrong set of accounts to link.  I corrected those and hit update.  After a spinning wheel for several minutes QUICKEN crashed.  After multiple attempts I finally got the right set to be linking.  I went back to the app, logged off and closed the app.  I then started it again and logged on, but still no current file.  I went back to the desktop and turned sync off and back on.  After a long spinning wheel QUICKEN again crashed.   When I restarted all the account link corrections I had made reverted to the ones it had before.  I also tried the new app.quicken.com web app and that also does not show me my current data file.   HELP!!!!

Also as a side question is there some way to get rid of the old obsolete data files in the cloud?

Thanks. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Upgraded to mobile App v5.4 today. Still getting:
    Under Banking and Credit Accounts per specific USAA accounts:  "Connectivity Error: Swipe to fix". Then: We are unable to connect to USAA Federal Savings Bank at this time. Please try again later"

Under accounts on the preference screen for USAA:
    "This account needs your attention.  We are unable to connect to USAA Federal Savings Bank at this time. Please try again later
    Care Code ccscrape. 180"

This has continued through all updates since budgeting was turned on in the mobile App
  • Brendan
    Brendan Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Marcus, Was Quicken Web a big request of Mac users?   My expectations for QM2019 were higher than just one improvement and 10 fixes- to me those belong in QM2018.   Even the intro to this announcement is disappointing.

Today we're releasing Quicken for Mac 2019 v5.8.1.  
    The year has changed but it's basically the same product as 2018.
  • Eric Parnes
    Eric Parnes Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    TD Bank downloads and Wells Fargo Bank checking downloads are not working. This has been going on for at least one month. So, my subscription service is useless since these are the two checking accounts I have. I still must keep my MAC and Quicken for MAC 2017 to maintain accounts. How can you release software, and then update it to 2019 and not inform us of these two major problems? Can I get refund for the months the subscription service is useless? What is timeline for fix. It is taking an inordinate amount of time already.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options

TD Bank downloads and Wells Fargo Bank checking downloads are not working. This has been going on for at least one month. So, my subscription service is useless since these are the two checking accounts I have. I still must keep my MAC and Quicken for MAC 2017 to maintain accounts. How can you release software, and then update it to 2019 and not inform us of these two major problems? Can I get refund for the months the subscription service is useless? What is timeline for fix. It is taking an inordinate amount of time already.

Hello Eric, appreciate your question.

There are still issues with TD Bank (Alert A-0316) and cases with the ccscrape.102 error with Wells Fargo (Alert A-0317). Are you experiencing the same ccscrape number with Wells Fargo? With TD Bank, there is an issue with their servers and is reoommended to try later or you can contadt TD Bank Technical Support at 877-204-4037 for assistance with this issue. '

If you have purchased Quicken 2018/2019, you can request a refund if you have used the product for the last 30-days (https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Returning-or-Refunding-Quicken-P...

We apologize for the inconvenience that it has caused you, but we are also with these alerts at the mercy with TD Bank and Wells Fargo.

One recommendation is to make a Test File (File > New, no mobile/web) and try adding your TD Bank account to see if the issue exists in a new environment, and also try to add the Wells Fargo accounts using the "Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr" option so that we can isolate the issue further.

If these do not work and you need further assistance, please contact Quicken Support so that we can look into this further.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Quicken Harold. do your comments apply USAA (Care Code ccscrape. 180)? see my comment yesterday above. Thanks
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options

Quicken Harold. do your comments apply USAA (Care Code ccscrape. 180)? see my comment yesterday above. Thanks

Hello Michael. Appreciate your question.

We have no active errors with USAA Bank. If you are experiencing this issue and trying to add the USAA Bank in a test file fails, I would reach out to Quicken Support so that we can collect your logs and report the issue,.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Upgraded to mobile App v5.4 today. Still getting:
    Under Banking and Credit Accounts per specific USAA accounts:  "Connectivity Error: Swipe to fix". Then: We are unable to connect to USAA Federal Savings Bank at this time. Please try again later"

Under accounts on the preference screen for USAA:
    "This account needs your attention.  We are unable to connect to USAA Federal Savings Bank at this time. Please try again later
    Care Code ccscrape. 180"

This has continued through all updates since budgeting was turned on in the mobile App

Same problems continue for me also for my three USAA accounts under v5.4
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Two issues I have run across. First, on the web version, the total amount of my investments coincides with what shows on the desktop version, but the values of any individual usual fund is way off. In one case, it shows a negative value, and in another case, it shows a massive value, when in reality, I no longer have funds in that mutual fund. Second, I think the Windows version of Quicken has (or had) a report that would summarize the value of each security, but QMac doesn’t have that. When is that capability going to exist?
  • crwchl
    crwchl Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options

On little suggestion for the next release: how about activating the <space> key to clear transactions int he Reconcile window? I miss this from Microsoft Money and, I believe, earlier versions of Quicken. It's really a lifesaver when the list of transactions is long and you methodically clear them one by one.

John Morrow - Hi - I think you can do this with the Enter or Return key. I'm running Quicken H,B&R on Parallels Window on my Mac and this works just fine.
    Select the line and press Enter/Return and the item becomes "ticked" or "C" and the highlighted line drops down to the next item.
    HTH,
    Chris
  • jacobs
    edited October 2018
    Options

Chris, John is talking about Quicken Mac; you are running Quicken Windows.
This discussion has been closed.